Prehistoric Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Tara circled the male, he stepped forward. She was beginning to loose her threat display and replacing it with scrutiny. If this wounded male has survived this long, it is likely that his offspring will be just as strong. She saw him less and less as a threat.

She changed... Every second that passed was as if she was more curious than defensive. Tiyrac closed his snout and lowered his head slightly. He was breathing long and deeply. It was getting hard to keep standing when he haven't slept for days. She circled him and he moved a step backwards, his head following her. He was starting to feel curious as well. As long as she didn't attack him, be wouldn't lauch at her.

Tara eyed the male up and down. He was very well built. She stopped circling him and stood.

She stopped... Why would she stop? Could it be? Was it possible she was considering him as a potential mate? Tiyrac walked towards her front slowly, feeling his scent with a faint growl. He lowered his head and walked to her side, brushing her with his snout as he circled her closely. She was strong, but elegant as well. As he reached her tail, his own brushed her neck before turning and walk along her other side. A relaxed growl left his throat as his head pushed her neck slightly. He didn't even realize he was courting her, his body acted alone. Well... If she rejected him he would just get a nice bite right in his face.

Tara noted the male's every move. He had already proven his strength, but could she work with him. Her hunt had been interrupted, but the Parasorolophus herd was still in the area. A hunt with her was another test the male would have to pass. She growled lightly and nudged the male as she sniffed thr air, picking up the scent of her prey. She started stalking after it. She would see if the male would keep up.

She started moving again and quickly noticed she was in a hunt. Taking a deep breath, he smelled the parasorolupos near, over the scent of the raptors. He started walked after her, letting her lead the hunt as it was her pray. Probably she was even on it before his precense interrupted her. It hurt like hell to walk the first meters but then his muscles started to get used to it and suck it up. He stumbled a few times when he looked backwards to make sure they were not being followed. The raptors stealed one pray form him already, this time he had help and he would kill those rats of they got too near. He went to her side and growled lowly, looking at the herd several feets away from between the trees. "I can't run for too long. If you wish, you can stalk them to my position and help you kill them."

Sasha looked at Tori. "This is not good. They're not fighting." She watched as they began walking away. "Let's go before we end up on the menu. " she quickly sprinted away with the rest of the pack following.

Tara nodded once at the male's suggestion. "Yes. They will expect a chase, but not an ambush." She voice was light, pleasant. "I will turn them to your position." She said and stalked out into the open, scattering the herd. She chased several back to where the male waited.

Tori nodded. "Yea. Better not push our luck." She said and fled after Sasha.

Tiyrac glanced backwards one last time to see the raptors backing away. Good... One less problem to deal with. He walked besides her and nodded at her confirmation. Hunting with another... That was new. He always did everything alone. Tyrannosaurs were lonely creatures, unless, they found a mate. Hmm... Could she be interested? Anyway. He shook his head and focussed on the hunt. As soon as he heard the prays running towards him, he waited patiently for a big male and launched from the trees. The dinosaurs stopped and crashed against each other, himself included, as soon as they saw the line of fangs threatening their lives. He snatched the male's neck in one harsh bite and broke his column. Letting him go, he saw the body falling heavily to the ground and a younger one passing behind him. Turning quickly, he used his tail and hit his head, making his second pray stumble and almost fall. Tiyrac ran after him as fast as he could and bit his tail, pulling him backwards as he also fell over the smaller parasorolupos. Hearing his ribs break, he bit his snout before he could hit him with the horn on his head. His own leg hurt more now but he couldn't stand up before killing him, or then he would scape.

Tara was impressed at how quickly the male had taken down the large male parasarolopus. That one would have been a little difficult even for a Rex in top condition. She rushed over and helped to kill the other one. She took its head in her jaws and jerked her head, twisting the neck of her prey. There was plenty of meat for both of them now. The male, now weaker than before, had passed her test, and proved he was stronger than he looked.

Tiyrac needed a long and deep rest now. His leg felt like pulsating and it was hot with all the blood running. It was swollen where the bone was broken but even then he tried to stand up again. Using his legs and head, he pushed himself up and stood up panting tiredly. Looking at the female, soft and even happy for their success in the hunt, he nodded at the corpses for her to start first. Once she did, he followed her and bit into the hard flesh of the male, ripping off a piece of meat.

Tara tore into the younger of the two animals they brought down when the male offered her the first bite. They should be safe now, here in her territory. "I will show you my territory when you are well. It will soon be ours." She said to him.

Tiyrac lifted his head up when she spoke, blood dripping from his jaws. He was surprised by the fact she already counted him as part of her life. Soon be ours? He smiled slightly and took a few steps towards her. "It will be a pleasure. My name is Tiyrac. My apologies you found me in such a bad shape, and thank you for this meal. I wouldn't have been able to kill on my own," be said honestly and waited for her answer before resuming his meal, his body brushing hers as he moved back towards the male parasorolupos.

"Even weak, you are strong." Tara said. She ripped and tore at her meal. A pleasant rumble rose from her chest as Tiyrac brushed past her. She may not be ready to mate now, but she had learned it was best to secure a mate before the mating season. A brood raised by a strongly bonded pair survived better. More survived to maturity.

Her words made him look at her quietly, thankfully. She was quiet as well, of short words and direct sentences. He wondered what would happen now. One T.Rex was problem enough for many others, but two... That was the worst nightmare for most. "What's your name, if I may know?"

"I am Tara." Tara said proudly after swallowing a chunk of Parosorolophus.

Tiyrac nodded at her response and took one last piece of liver before feeling full. He ate more than half of the pray and now he simply wanted to rest as she finished. He laid down with some difficulty besides her and the carcasses, always aware of other dinosaurs that could appear due to the smell of blood.

Tara finished almost the entire carcass. She remained standing for a time, her snout raised to the air. Nothing seemed to be nearby, so she settled down a few feet from Tiyrac. She fell into a light sleep, she still had to be alert, but she needed rest. She had been patrolling her territory for days on little sleep. This was also the first meal in a while she'd had. She mostly snatched up small prey on the run.

Tiyrac kept his eyes opened for a long time after she laid down as well. It was until sleep beated him that he closed them as was soon snoring softly at her side. His leg hurt but now he ha dfar more chances to survive until the bone healed than being alone.

Tara could hear Tiyrac snoring softly beside her. It somehow gave her comfort. Tyranosaurs were generally solitary, but some had found life was easier with a partner. Hunts were more successful, territories were better defended, and young were more protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.