Pregame Danganronpa V3: The Unwritten

• Thread starter flamesofdisaster
  • Start date
F

flamesofdisaster

Original poster
Roleplay Summary
❝ Well, that's fine... If this is a world without killing games now... I don't want to be a part of it. I have no interest in a world without Danganronpa. ❞ — Tsumugi Shirogane

The 53rd killing game ends with the rejection of fiction, leading protagonist Saihara Shuichi to pursue a life where real pain and suffering cannot harm him… But what happened to cause such events of the game in the first place? This story takes on the pregame narrative in the perspective of Saihara and the to-be cast of New Danganronpa V3, following the high school years of his and the other season's participants' lives.

As the name and plot tells, players will portray the pregame lives of Danganronpa V3's cast in a non-despair (but still angsty!), daily life setting. It is up to the player to define their character's likes, dislikes, choices, etc. upon starting this game, with the duration of four in-game high school years defining the events leading up to the start of the killing game (shortened to the most important events to come for timely playability, of course).

Roles will be given out to the characters, but not akin to the typical blackened, victim, and mastermind - rather, each student will exist on scales that their places on are prone to change and flow throughout the plot. Social ranking, cliques, and visibility are all factors in how well your character manages to survive in high school.

Oh, and was it mentioned that your character will be able to interact outside of school? With the ability to create a fitting atmosphere back home for your character, as well as maintain a connection to the Danganronpa fanbase, there are so many ways to make their last four years of freedom either the best… Or worst, of their entire lives.

╭⁍☆ Shall we get our fanatics on? Let's create the Unwritten story the world deserves, together.
PicsArt_03-29-11.42.18.jpg

Content Warning

This roleplay as a whole will have discussions and mentions of severely explicit/dark content. Depending on the subject matter, some things may not be censored, but will have a content warning before the response. You will be asked to read everything with caution if accepted.

Subject matter to expect includes, but is not limited to:
  • Violence
  • Religion
  • Death
  • Su!cide
  • Drugs/alcohol
  • Parental involvement
  • Abuse
Please note that if these topics were to be brought up, it is asked that they are done in a manner that does not romanticize the subject matter. While this is not a killing game, daily school/personal life of the characters and the events within it are likely to be their driving motives for the entirety of the story.

If any of this may prove to be an issue to read, even with warnings and spoiler text, this is likely not the most suitable roleplay for you to be in. Considering that Danganronpa is a teen-rated franchise on its own, a lot of it will be explicit and/or dark one way or another. If there are other triggering subjects that we should be aware of, you may inform me once accepted, and I will add it to a list of triggers and discomforts.

Questions/Information
What genres/themes are involved?
The following will be involved in this roleplay:
  • School life
  • Angst
  • World-building
  • The concept of fiction versus reality
  • The concept of creating your own personality and foreshadowing how it plays into canon events (Danganronpa V3, the video game)
Are there any restrictions for players?
Yes.
  • This roleplay is 17+, preferably 18+, but not because of smut/NSFW. Due to the content warning above, the roleplay owner and others currently involved would be most comfortable writing with adults. Some would also be interested in shipping, and doing so with minors would not be allowed.
  • We also ask that writers are literate to advanced literate, meaning that responses match those around you in detailing character thoughts, actions, etc. We will not be accepting illiterate or those who write less than 5 lines.
  • Discord is where the roleplay will be, so you must have it in order to join the roleplay's server.
  • Activity. Is. Crucial. If you roleplay with habits of going inactive very often, please do not ask for and potentially take up a spot that someone who is active could have.
Who is needed for this roleplay?
We almost have everyone we need! At this current point in time, here is who is available:
  • Kaede Akamatsu (the only requirement for her is that she must be mean and popular. We are not looking for a kind or introverted Kaede, please. Anything else you would like to apply to her character is fair game.
  • Kiibo (aka Tetsuya Iidabashi - we would like for him to be human for motive reasons, but it is not required.)
  • Kokichi Ouma
  • Rantarou Amami
  • Kirumi Toujo
  • Gonta Gokuhara

Recruiting characters will be application-based, with the roleplay owner PMing you a set of questions regarding the character you would want, how they would be portrayed in the story, and other things. Please be as descriptive as you can when recieving your application if interested, and mention your character of interest in the thread comments. Only after reviewing your application and accepting it will you be messaged the Discord server.
Currently pending character(s) is/are Himiko Yumeno, meaning you can still ask to apply, but they have been requested by someone who plans to apply, so the roleplay owner will read them in order of who sent them first!
Any other questions can be commented below, and I will do my best to answer them. Please note that my roleplay resume is not the most full/detailed, simply because I registered to this site for this roleplay only. Thank you! ♡

Last edited by a moderator: