Predators in the Dark: A Vampire Roleplay

R

Rachelxoxx3

The main idea is below along with desired characters and a brief description of the location. Feel free to ask any questions below as this is still developing!

[fieldbox="Premise, white, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Vampires were well know throughout the history of the world. There had been many wars waged for thousands of years in hopes of destroying them from existence. It was a bloody history with copious casualties piled on both sides. After many so years the vampires' numbers had thinned enough to give some peace of mind to the humans. The war never officially ended but the fighting simply faded away. The few vampires left had either kept to the shadows or hid away. They had remained this way for over 150 years allowing their numbers to once again blossom. They had not yet set off any massive panic but as their numbers continued to grow humans were sure to notice.

There were many ways to kill a vampire however most noteworthy was the sun. The older a vampire became the more sensitive to sunlight it would become. As the moon is simply a reflection of sun light the older the vampire the less moonlight they could bare as well. The oldest vampires were limited to the new moon or a blanket of clouds to clear their path. Within that weakness laid the elders' strength. As they aged their will increased. Soon they could not only enforce their will on humans but onto lesser members of their kind. It was rumored that the oldest vampire lived well into his third century before being hunted down in the wars.

Hunters seemed to fade out of history along side the vampires. Once bountiful lines of hunters were either killed or were simply obsolete. Humans no longer held the same reverence to their saviors. How time can fade the scars of history. Many hunters over time were re-purposed by their governments as soldiers due to their adept agility and strength. Some quit the war business altogether attempting to forget their families' history and move forward. Only a few hunters remained still actively seeking out their prey. They traveled often chasing any whisper or rumor of vampire activity.

In the isolated town of Lochberry many felt the effects of the harsh winter that had enclosed them. In the town's recent expansion many new people filled homes in this town. This was the perfect time for vampires to migrate in as well. While they continued to remain mostly hidden rumor of their existence there had started to spread. The winter days were short and a rather large snow storm had blocked the path in and out of Lochberry. The road would not likely be cleared for many days. The winter had just begun.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Characters Needed, white, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
I am looking for 3 - 8 characters

• Hunter *Position filled currently until we reach 5 or more players.
• Vampire / Vampire Elder
• Human (Humans CAN become a hunters apprentice if hunter agrees)
[/fieldbox]

It was well into the night, the moon had already risen high into the sky. It was a bright, full moon that cast the world under it a glow. Each night the street lamps would hum in tune with the crickets singing their choir lullabies in the dark. A small town that was nestled between beds of mountains. There was only a single road that lead through the mountains, but it was treacherous. The winter snow would often block the road barring anyone from leaving or entering. Despite this, the population has blossomed over the past few years.

The center of town was a small square of dimly lit shops, a small tavern, and the town hall. The shops here always closed before the sun set, but the tavern remained open. It was a quaint place. The fireplace always cast a warm glow to the otherwise muted room. The brick floor was cold, the tables were chipped oak, and the bar was small. The next few streets are filled with new apartment buildings. They are far from flashy; mostly painted brick in an assortment of dull colors. There were balconies on each floor but no fire escapes as there were only 3 or 4 floors in each building. The father out from town square the more scattered and old the building became and there was only farmland or forest boarding the mountains on either side.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Count me in Female Vampire elder

Reactions: Rachelxoxx3
I'm interested in this, wanting to play as one of the Hunters if able.

So we have one elder vampire and one hunter. Until we get like 2 -3 more people there will likely not be any more hunters. Hunters CAN take on an apprentice though.

I'm potentially interested. I have a few questions first, though.

Are you looking for younger vampire characters as well as humans?

What sort of writing expectations do you have in mind?

Will there be a limit on the number of characters we can have?

Thank you for asking!

Younger vampires are defiantly needed/wanted as well as humans.

Writing expectations are as 2 full sized paragraphs per character minimum, I don't put a limit on how many you can post as long as there is enough content for each character. Ideally, I would like to have a few posts a week if possible however if that doesn't work for everyone we can change that.

Multiple characters ARE allowed but I wouldn't recommend having more then 2 story characters at a time. (NPCs as needed are fine.) Of course you allow your character to be killed and you would like to add another that is perfectly acceptable.

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter
What era is this set in? I would assume modern times, but you can correct me if I'm wrong, as I'd like to join with a vampire petrol-head.

Sweet, thank you for taking the time to answer :)

I'll probably go with two characters then, a human and a younger-ish vampire.

@TheTechnologicVampire Thanks for asking!

It will be modern times, so you character will certainly work!

@Starlighter That would be great!

Now I will go ahead and get the rest of this finished up since we have some interest! I will have an official signup page with more information before Tuesday.

Quick question, do you all prefer character pages or character development through the story? The second option would still include a brief description for the sign up but that is is.

Let me know!

Now I will go ahead and get the rest of this finished up since we have some interest! I will have an official signup page with more information before Tuesday.

Quick question, do you all prefer character pages or character development through the story? The second option would still include a brief description for the sign up but that is is.

Let me know!
Awesome! Because of the snow, might give her a rally car.

I'm a huge fan of character sheets, so that would definitely be my preference. But if they're just basic and most of the development is done through the story, I'm cool with that too.

Let me know!
Character sheet please preffered RL photos not anime can do realistic art if your not okay with real fc

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to let you know I am running a bit behind on getting the Sign Up finished. (Yesterday was my one year wedding anniversary).

I should have it finalized today!

I suppose I will make the two allotted characters I can create. One Vampire, One Apprentice (If possible)

Thats what I was waiting for whether that dude who was creating one would take her or not (Doing one Male and one Female to be a fair.)

I wouldn't mind my character having an apprentice

Sure thing! I will have the Character Index up by tomorrow. For now you can post your character on the main thread.

• Thank You
Reactions: Periwinkle