Preacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hellis

Original poster
In case you havn't watched the first episode, do it. This might end up being my favorite show of summer. I am a huge, huge fan of the original Comic, and I gotta say the first episode really manages to stick to the feel of the material while updating the setting and references to match a modern audience.

My hubby and I were talking about watching it. I'm kind of into it, he's not too much which makes it really hard for me to be able to watch anything since he hogs the damn remote. :( I got him into Into the Badlands though, so I'm pretty sure it won't take me long to convince him to give it a shot. Considering I watched his damn Shannara Chronicles, he owes me a show.

Cassidy is pitch-perfect, I reckon. And Tulip is suitably dangerous (if a little too on the crazy side, but Ruth Negga did a good job). Jesse seems a little... overly brooding, but it still worked. I'm hoping he'll kind of come into his own as the show progresses.

Cassidy is pitch-perfect, I reckon. And Tulip is suitably dangerous (if a little too on the crazy side, but Ruth Negga did a good job). Jesse seems a little... overly brooding, but it still worked. I'm hoping he'll kind of come into his own as the show progresses.
Agreed on all accounts. Only thing I didn't like is that Cassidy is a accomplished fighter in the TV series. He always relied on being powerful and strong enough to never have bothered. It plays a massive role later on.

I kinda liked the lackadaisical style in which he fights in the series. That panicked "AW NONONONO" he kept hollering throughout had me in stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.