PRE HISTORY TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Revision

Original poster
Pre History Team- The pre-history team is responsible for all the history that the current culture, whatever it is, might have forgotten or rediscovered. This is everything that happened before established writing on the planet, and may include truths that still are not known to any culture that has developed. Not only are you in charge of biology that was and geology that was (communicate with the other two teams often), but you are also responsible for anything strange, such as alien invasions that happened in the past or world killer events. The team leader should be excellent at communicating with the other teams and solving "why is the world the way it is" problems.

Pre-History team, Go! This is your discussion!

Team Leader: Ozzie Chanter

Research:

Team:
Ozzie Chanter
Ocha Hou-ou
Elflady

World Building Team Guidelines

I've been asked to write down a few guidelines for the world building teams. These guidelines can be used if you wish, or you can come up with your own. These are not meant to be rules, but are meant to remind teams to use common sense and courtesy.

1) Communicate well. If you want to be sure something is remembered, put it here in your team discussion! If you need to ask someone in another team something, send them a PM or an email.

2) Be courteous. If you have an argument, present sources to back your side up. We have a few people with real backgrounds in their team's area, so they will appreciate good research and diligence.

3) You don't have to adhere perfectly to scientific findings as we know them, but every good story has some basis in truth, so use that to your advantage.

4) Teams may decide if they want to vote on decisions as democracies or leave the final decisions up to team leaders.

5) Team leaders deserve your respect. They are volunteering to do a hard job. The same goes for the team researcher if someone takes that job. You don't have to do everything they suggest, but you should consider their findings.

6) Team leaders, listen to your teammates' suggestions. They will often have very good ones.

7) Team leaders, be prepared to poke your teammates if they are not on the ball. Don't pressure them too much, but there should be progress being made each week.

8) Occasionally, the team leader or researcher should make a summary post in their discussion. Label it clearly and include everything you have decided upon for your part in the world creation. If you make a new one, don't forget to include what you summed up in the old ones if they are still applicable. This way, other teams can quickly see what you are up to.

9) Major decisions should be made by all three teams in a set. Team leaders will bring their team's opinions to the other team leaders and a decision will be made.

10) Recruit more people if you feel your team needs them. If there is someone who is not yet in Magrathea who would be a good helper, let them know about the group and the current project.

11) Keep good notes. Team Leaders, keep a backup of current notes on Google Docs or on a thumb drive.

12) Team leaders should put up a post for their discussion including what they want to work on first, asking what members can contribute what, and discussing times for working intensely.

So there you have it. A guideline for world building teams!

Okay! Time to start this think tank going, guys. This team will be more of a creative effort than necessarily research-based, but we will be heavily reliant on cooperation with the Geo and Bio teams. They're the Who, What, and Where; we're the When, Why, and How.

Things to consider:

1. Major natural disasters
2. Evolution of species and evolutionary periods
3. When the dominant species evolved
4. Is it the FIRST dominant species
5. Prehistoric primitive culture
6. Locations of importance
7. When recorded history began
8. How much is known or unknown

Does anyone have any ideas they want to toss around yet? Go go go!

I think, regarding of how the geo team builds the land, there should have been a few earthquakes, floods, maybe a volcano erupting over the years helping to shape the land and perhaps destroying ancient cities that is then forgotten by the prescent day history. This would also help push the evolution of species in different ways and lead to how they look today, once again we need to check with the bio team when it comes to species of course.

I'm really interested in archeology so I like the idea to have a lot of the pre history unknown so the dominant species have to study, excavate and search to find answers. The question about when the dominant species evolved and when they started recording history ties in a lot with the bio team though so we can work off the creatures they create.

Also it would be interesting to have a previous dominant race that the current race at first doesn't know about or knows little about, that have built the things that is now being discovered. THis is just some first ideas though:)

I was thinking that would be interesting too, Elflady. I'll have to talk to Iskari!

I like the idea of a previously dominant race. It reminds me of that show that claimed that cephalopods might become the next sentient species. I wonder what it should be :) We're still trying to decide what phylums to develop.

What about a race that was considered stupid and where used as animals by the dominate species, but then this dominate race dies out and this animal that was subjugated under them evolves into becoming dominate?

Interesting idea, Hunter, but unlikely. Beasts of burden and the like would be likely to die out along with their masters, except under certain circumstances. Our team will keep your suggestion in mind though, and get back to yours if we decide to pursue that route.

I'm here just to spurt random ideas. I'm good at it >.>

This is the survey list for the Pre History Team

1) Determine any extinct races.

2) Determine any past planet killers/mass extinctions.

3) Determine any extraplanetary origins. (if any)

4) Determine any sunken or lost cities.

5) Using maps from the geo team, determine fossil beds and mark them on a copy of the map.

6) Using data from the bio team, determine extinct ancestors to modern species.

7) Using data from the bio team, create common ancestors.

8) Create records of any other intelligent life, be this through writing, garbage pits, etc.

9) Determine any magical/religious artifacts that might have survived.

10) Determine the history of any possible great mysteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.