●Power● w/ catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hero.ic

Original poster
As the sun broke through the night sky and the day began Echo arose from her fluffy pink bed, stretching her arms to awaken her nerves. "We have much to do today Cyril," she said with a happy expression to her small companion. The pink haired woman was given a nod in response by her cat indicating his compliance.

Her apartment was medium in size given that she could afford the luxurious life. Being alive for more years than most could count had it perks. Echo entered into her kitchen to prepare herself a snack, Cyril following close behind. As a human she doesn't need to eat as often as actual humans but she does since she found their food to be tasteful. She ended up making herself some toast after pouring some cat food in a bowl, he likes it too for some reason. "You don't wish to be a human instead?" She questioned as she went to slip into her day clothes. Usually Echo liked to dress 'expensive' but today she decided simplicity was best so she threw on a white sweater and a snug pair of skinny jeans.

Before stepping out the door she was sure to grab her keys as well as her purse. First stop was to the clothing stores that lined the streets of Seattle.

@catalyst

Vareus woke up in the early light of the morning with his head in Ellisandra's lap. Her dark fingers were caressing his cheeks, temples, and forehead, gently waking him up. As soon as his golden eyes flashed open, she began talking with her words flooding out a mile a minute. The god of duty was able to calm her enough to discuss where they were and what had happened to get them to this place. Neither of them knew or could remember why they had been sent here. In addition, they were both weak, but Vareus was much weaker. He could hardly even stand, so for now he stayed sitting. Who knew if he might need what little strength he had to get up.

It soon became clear they were on Earth and specifically in a city, but where exactly? Neither knew. They were lost. They stayed where they were, in some alleyway that wasn't too dirty, until the sun peaked fully out from behind the mountains. Vareus knew they needed to figure out their next step. He and the angel stood from their poor spot and began walking.

Last edited:
The duo walked down the cluttered street, brushing past people to get to their destination. Her favorite shoe store, Louis Vuitton, was not far from where she lived and she figured his new line should prove to be promising. Of course there were no cats allowed so Cyril would have to transform to his more human side. "You know you're going to have to change before we walk in correct?" Echo spoke softly so not to seem like she was talking to anyone around her. "I'm well aware. I just prefer when people don't try to speak with me." Cyril only communicated through telepathy while he was out in public in his cat form. It was the easiest way not to draw attention to the fact that he was a talking cat.

As the crowd began to thin out the small cat took the time to duck into an alleyway next to the store so that no one would witness his transformation. Echo, knowing of his actions proceeded into the store excited to see what it had to offer her. Money was of no issue so she just picked whatever caught her eye.

Within moments the black cat became a tall man with raven black hair. He stepped out from the alley fully clothed in a white button up and soft black jeans. "Something has changed.." His acute senses picked up something that he hadn't picked up before, something he didn't like the scent of. With the speed of a god he ran into the store looking for his companion. She wasn't hard to find of course given her laughter and the constant questioning of 'are you sure you can afford this miss'. "Echo we need to leave." He spoke as calm as possible to his queen so not to alarm her. "Why ever would we need to? I'm having fun." Echo picked up the four boxes of shoes and took them to the register to pay. She earned a few envious looks as she counted the cash before handing it to the cashier. "It seems that a few heavenly figures have graced the human world. I think we should greet them." Echo gave a menacing smile almost as if she was allowing her demon form to come out. "This should be interesting then." She licked her lips as excitement ran through her body. It had been some time since she had last seen a live creature from heaven. The other angels were unfortunately disposed of by her far too quickly for her liking.

The two left the store, Cyril carrying both bags, and headed towards where he had sensed the 'disturbance'.

Vareus and Ellisandra continued walking until both of them, seemingly at the same time, felt a sensation similar to shivers running up their spine, but it was more like electric spasms. Endlessly. This particular feeling meant only one thing: something evil was nearby.

Ellisandra met Vareus' gaze, questioning, but what kind of power did he have now to stop a simple miscreant of Hell, let alone a full-fledged demon? Vareus wasn't much better off, not when they didn't know exactly what they were up against. "Ellisandra, you should..."

"No." Her answer was as simple as that, yet final. Stubborn angel.

The divine pair headed down a different street, narrow still but away from mortal eyes. If they had sensed the disturbance in the air, surely the demon had as well.

And as if on cue, only mere moments later, the different pairs were standing before each other. Vareus knew immediately: a demon and her familiar.

Last edited:
The demonic pair faced the heavenly duo, smug with the sight of their condition. Echo immediately noticed the male was in fact a god, but too weak to put up any kind of fight. "Well what do we have here hm?" Her voice filled with intrigued as she gave the two another look over.

"My queen, might I offer some advice?" Cyril posed his question with the utmost respect to her but knew she would go along with what his plans were. Echo nodded in response, not taking her eyes off of the god for a second. "Why don't we help them? This could be our ticket, of sorts, for a better life." A small smile crept its way onto Echo's face. The idea had sparked her curiousity as well as provided her a means to the life she wanted to live.

"Good news!" Her hands clasped together softly, making a small noise not loud enough for others to hear. "My wonderful companion just saved both of your lives. I can see that the two of you must be in such... terrible, state and you wouldn't last a minute out on the street." She pointed to the bustling street that stood behind them, filled with mortal beings and their means of transportation. "So I'll propose a deal, I'll take the both of you to my apartment a little ways up the block where you can stay, unharmed of course, or I can take both of your souls now." The rosy haired woman laughed knowing she gave them the choice between life or death but that was her ultimatum and she didn't plan on changing her mind. "I guess I didn't really give you a choice but you have no room for negotiation. If you were smart you would take my offer as any of the other demons would not allow you the chance." An ominous silence drifted between them as the two awaited their answer.

Vareus and Ellisandra were each completely vulnerable in their current states. Even as the demon and her familiar spoke telepathically, the god already knew what was going to be suggested. If they were going to kill the divine beings, they already would have. They wanted something. A deal, a bargain, power... something. Maybe even eventually their souls.

Soon Vareus' suspicions were proven true. He took in the humanly appearance of the demon. How long, he wondered, had she been spending time on earth? "If that is what you wish," he answered her simply, expression serious but otherwise unreadable. Ellisandra looked to him as if he was crazy, but he paid her no mind and she was forced to turn back to the others before them. Specifically, she kept her gaze focused on the black cat - the familiar. He moved, she moved.

"Show us the way."

Last edited:
With a swift turn on the balls of her feet she was off with her 'oh-so-merry' band. "We have much to discuss my dears. First things first I should get the two of you into a less pathetic state." She spoke plainly not to insult but to inform. As the group made their way down the first block and the corner of the second, trying their hardest not to bump into anyone in the process, the large apartment building was in sight. It was quite the fancy looking building given its size and design. Cyril opened the door for her before she even reached the vicinity.

"My lady." He gestured her through leaving the door for Kodis to grab behind her. He wasn't too keen on showing excess compassion for beings who could very well turn against them in the blink of an eye. The raven haired man pressed the elevator button to summon the contraption he wasn't so fond of. For some reason elevators never sat right with him. The enclosed space and the sudden motions made his stomach turn for the worse every time.

Ding~

The elevator rung out through the quiet lobby as its doors opened for the four of them. Her apartment was on the tenth floor of the twelve story building so the ride took a little over a minute. A few paces down the hall and they arrived at her door, apartment 10-06. Echo unlocked the door with her key and hurried everyone inside. "You both can sit on the couch. I'll get the both of you some clothes and blankets before anything." Echo spoke softly thinking of what the two of them would have liked or at least fit into before disappearing into her room.

"Let's make this clear if either of you do anything to harm my queen, I won't hesitate to end you." Cyril gave a venomous glare before lightening his mood. He didn't like to stay angry, hence why he took a liking to Echo's laid back childish behavior. "Now, why is a god and his angel in the human world?"

For someone who looked so bubbly in their human disguise, this woman's demon traits surely showed in her attitude. Though, Vareus couldn't say that he'd never met an angel who acted like she did.... the thought amused him. He remained quiet as Ellisandra scoffed and rolled her eyes, though that was the last of her as well once they began walking through the city life. Each divine took in their surroundings. Whether they were in awe, confused, or indifferent to it all was hard to tell.

Once they arrived to the apartment building and headed up to the demon's abode, they hesitantly sat down on the couch even though their bodies heaved sighs of relief. Ellisandra looked to the familiar. "Scary kitty-cat," she chuckled. Even though he had transformed to his human form, it was fun to poke at him.

"We don't really know," Vareus answered. "Anyway. What are your names? Since we'll be spending so much time together... I'm Vareus and this is Ellisandra."

Last edited:
His brow perked with intrigue at their statement. "Interesting." Cyril said simply. He took a moment to think about whether the two were telling the truth but given their current state it wasn't hard to tell. "My name is Cyril and I can be quite the 'scary kitty'." He said quoting what Ellisandra had said earlier.

Echo returned from her room with a pair of thick blankets and a bundle of clothes. "You may call me Echo. As for why you two are here we can discuss that later." She placed the blankets on the arm of the couch, making sure they didn't immediately fall over before placing the clothes on the coffee table. "So, tell me about yourselves. As you said before, the four of us will be spending some time together so I would like to know a few things to make things... Easier." She sat in the chair adjacent to the one they were sitting in, legs crossed, and waiting patiently for their response.

Ellisandra bit back a snort at Cyril's reply. Good thing, too, considering the demoness was returning from a back room with blankets and clothes. Vareus briefly wondered why she already had men's clothing. It was most likely due to Cyril, but still...

Neither him or Ellisandra took the clothes or blankets right away. They were still being cautious. "Why don't you start first?" Vareus suggested as he looked at the other woman. "You appear to be making an easy life here on Earth, and taking in two natural enemies? That's quite interesting."

Echo had a crooked smile plastered across her face as he made note of her actions. "Living amongst the mortals is quite easy and more entertaining than my fellow demons. Being alive for countless years has proved to be more fruitful in this era. As for why I rescued you two pups off the street, I have my reasons. The two of you should prove useful to said reasons when it arises." She finished her statement quickly so not to give any form of information that wasn't needed. Despite how vulnerable the two were they could still have little tricks to use against her. Echo was not one to let these opportunities get the better of her.

"Your turn. You seem a little lost, maybe even a little scared. Please do tell of youselves." She waited patiently for either of the two to start talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.