Power is Slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tulip sat in her bedroom staring at Nine. The boy however was chained by his one good arm to the bed. He wiggled his mechanical claw around then shot a glare back at Tulip, but kept silent. Tulip sat staring and thinking about what to do with him. "Hey Nine wanna get married?" Nine jumped and then regained his composure. "You shouldn't jest like that mistress." Tulip pouted and crossed her arms. "It wasn't a joke! And cut the formalities, that's only necessary around my father!" Tulip leaned over her crossed legs hugging them in an awkward fashion. "I'm so bored. When's Jared come home?" Nine fell silent and looked over to his chain pawing at it. "I do not know. Due to last weeks events in the lab it will not be available for some matter of weeks. I still don't understand how an acid that strong would help humanity evolve." "Don't you start it." "Start what if I may ask?" Tulip glared at Nine and he returned the look with a confused one. He jingled the chain in front of her amused by it. "You act like a child." Nine continued to play with his chain registering her comment, but too indulged in his toy to respond. the chain only amused a short while. "It may be because I was never treated as such... that I still am now. Often times I feel as empty Seymour." "Seymour?" Nine pointed to a book on her bookshelf. "I read it a while ago. I just remember Seymour." Tulip couldn't stand the way he was acting all of a sudden and unlocked him in hopes to shut him up. Nine looked at the chain and stood up to face Tulip's back with her hands on her hips.
"Thank you." "Shut up and take me outside!" Tulip walked out the bedroom door in a huff making the many other super powered servants lean over to see what was going on. When Nine walked out there was no assurance that nothing happened because they all knew he healed too fast to be able to tell. They also knew that even though he wasn't put to work that he was required to train until he literally bled and was the heiress's lab rat. They could never grow jealous of such a life. Nine didn't mind it and it always worried the servants. He was put through hell, but didn't mind. And to top it all off what he says about her shakes every super that hears and warms every heart to the core; "It's a purpose. It's my way of life. She is something I will protect at the cost of my life." Nine locked Tulip's door behind him and jogged up to catch her. "Where is it that you want to go mistress?" "A bar." "No." "How dar-" "Your father's orders usurp yours. The one who holds my contract in their name gets to order and control me." Tulip fell silent as they stepped onto the elevator.
"Hey, Nine you get a dream yet?" "A strange time to ask. No. Still none." The elevator doors closed and they were taken down to the garage. "I don't understand you Nine. You go through hell for me. It's stupid." "In your eyes maybe." Tulip's face blushed. "What's with you today." Nine realizing it was simply a statement closed his mouth when he was about to respond. The elevator doors opened to a large garage full of pretty looking vehicles. Tulip slammed her fist on a button bringing the current platform up and moving to the side. The wall consumed the previous platform and another slid in taking its place. "I'm going to get dressed, do your thing." Tulip walked out and along the path marked by yellow tape to a dressing room. Nine walked out onto the platform looking at a sleek car with Tulip's name on it and his number. He was reminded of when they made the vehicle, but it was cut short by the scream of Tulip. Nine ran over to her with his sword drawn, he slid the curtains back and prepared to swing, but halted when he saw the bug. Tulip stared at him with fascination. Nine kept his back to Tulip scooping up the roach and flicking it out of the room. "Try not too scream like that princess." Nine sheathed his sword and walked out of the dressing room. Tulip came out straightening her dress and Nine had gotten the car started. "Is it ready?" "Nothing has been wrong so far." "Good." Tulip hopped over the side and into the car with her arms in the air. "Ok Nine just drive!" Nine sighed and took the car out of park and into drive. When he applied the slightest pressure to the pedal the car started to lift off the ground. "Hover is stable. Deploying wings." Nine flipped a switch on the console. "Wings are... OK." "OK?!" "It's a little messy on there." Tulip jabbed Nine in his arm and he flinched a little. "With a punch like that you could kill me." "Oh shut up and go." Nine flipped one last switch that started to transform the car into a ship. Thrusters began to emerge from the back, the wheels traded tire for fire and the grille shortened spreading its metal along the front. "Take off." Nine pushed the steering wheel forward and flew into the sky at one hundred and thirty miles an hour(that's slow for a plane).

Last edited:
Dana Gole had always been a good listener, a trait she displayed when in a conversation with anyone she thought deserved her attention. As her slave, Elise Strong, began to speak, she stopped looking her up and down and rather stared intently at her face - giving a slight nod from time to time to emphasize that she was focused completely on what the young woman was saying.

Elise was a somewhat listless girl, and rather quick to anger, but she was useful; Her strength, though dangerous, had been a big help to Dana since the time she'd acquired her. Though she considered herself to be a rather capable woman, she was a woman nonetheless, and when it came to physical strength she possessed little. Elise had become her go to slave for help with things such as carrying shipments, and even silly things such as rearranging heavy furniture - having had her move a large, sturdy, solid-mahogany wardrobe into her eldest child's room just a few days ago. Despite her problems, for the most part Dana viewed her as a disciplined young woman, who knew how to speak respectfully when needed. Not only did she expect such behavior from those around her, she held those who did display such qualities in somewhat high esteems, and Elise was no exception - even if she was of the rather low-status of slave.

"I'm glad to see you have no problems with the outfit I've laid out," She said, grabbing a stack of papers off of her vanity. She began to flip through them, though she had no real need to do so, other than to satisfy her hatred for standing still. "As for the scarf, I will leave that decision up to you. I am no Christina Worthington; Impressing others is not something that concerns me. Of course, I must stay in good graces with the community for the health of my business and my family, but beyond that, I couldn't care less. The power level of my slaves has nothing to do with myself, nor the success of my business. I must say, I'm sickened by the fact that I have no choice but to go through with this silly affair in the first place. However, Ms. Worthington is, despite her frivolous nature, a rather ruthless woman, who, due to her influence, has the power to wipe out the reputation I've worked so hard to build in one fell swoop. I can only wonder what she's planning."

She sighed, and then paused for a moment, as she thought over Elise's second statement.

"And, well... again, your proximity to myself is not of a great concern to me. I imagine such a thing is something we can work out once we've arrived at the party, and seen how things are going. For now, I'll say I'd like you to remain close - as I do not trust Ms. Worthington in the slightest, and I'd prefer to be able to keep an eye on you. However, once we are there I may change my mind and order you to go elsewhere. We shall see. Do not worry yourself about such things, they're not your responsibility; I will take care of it."

(( @RainDash ))

Parker walked slow as he headed towards the flower shop. Errands such as this one were the high-point of his life, and he had no desire to rush through it. It was times such as this, when left alone, when escape was always at the top of his mind. "It could be so easy." He thought, as he had time and time again in the past. "I could just make a run for it, head towards home."
Putting a hand to the collar around his neck, however, he remembered once again why that would never work. He was stuck like this, a slave, and had no hope of getting away anytime soon. Besides, he didn't think he knew where home was anyways.

So, temporarily forcing all thoughts of slipping away out of his mind, he returned his attention to the people around him - carefully scouring the crowds for any signs of a familiar face. Though he knew it was a fruitless effort, he still found himself searching for his sisters everywhere he went. They had no reason to be up here, he would tell himself, and even if they were I wouldn't know what to say. They had been too young to truly understand the situation when he'd been taken away, and he knew - that for their own sake - his mother had likely made up lies about what had happened to him. Beautiful lies he wouldn't want to destroy by allowing them to see him this way.

With a slight sigh, he pushed yet another painful thought out of his head, and walked into the flower shop, to pick up his master's decorations for the party.

By the time Parker arrived back, he was on the very cusp of being late, and struggling not to damage the multitude of flowers that were held within his arms. He'd already dropped a bouquet once, and had frantically rushed to pick it back up, fix the few petals that had been smashed, and wipe away any traces of dirt and pebbles. This party, for some reason, seemed especially important to Christina, and as much as he despised the woman he knew now wasn't the time to be disobedient - she'd be quite angry if he did anything to ruin her festivities. Because of this, he'd hurried after he had left the flower shop, to try and make up for dilly-dallying on the way there. It was foolish on his part, as it had only made it more difficult to keep a hold of his cargo. With a slight cringe at the time on the clock and the slightly-off state of the bouquet he'd dropped earlier, he entered the room, and stood straight. "Um, Ms. Worthington?" He called. "I'm back with the flowers! What should I do with them?"

(( @kimsim12 ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage immediately pulled out of a hug. He embarrassed himself all because of a misunderstanding. However, if she got mad at him just because she was different from the rest - which he knew - what other things might blow her up?
Anyways, since he was really emotional back there, he wasn't going to let his feelings get the best of him to humiliate him again. Maybe he should imagine himself in the other person's shoes - how they think, how they feel. (for some reason, that's what i do. -_-)
He smiled at her, then began laughing. "Wow, that was a really big mistake on my part! Hah!"
After he calmed down, he finally spoke seriously. "You may have misunderstood as well, Fera. True, there is nobody like you, probably on the face of the Earth, but there are some similarities between you and someone for you to get to know each other...,"
Then, he paused, remembering one of his friends from childhood. "Or you both could be so different, but still be able to put up with each other."

Placing his hands on his hips, he giggled. "So, what do you say? Coming to the party, or not?"

~

Adisa left with a great smile before returning to his room. He sat down at his desk and pulled out the craft he'd been working on for Samantha, a wooden bird. He had yet to paint it, for it was going to be a blue bird. Of course there were a few mistakes here and there on the little bird, mainly because he hadn't seen a blue bird in a while now, and he'd been carving it from memory. Lifting his arm to roll down his sleeve, he transformed his (nonburnt) fingers tips into little carving knives. He continued carving...
A few minutes later he smiled. "Well, the carving's done! I might ask Miss Samantha for paint later..."

"It's beautiful, but I've never worn such a nice thing before," Dani replied, meeting Eileen's gaze in the mirror. This was all so strange. Why did this 'Christina Worthington' want slaves to attend the party? She'd never heard of such a thing before, and Eileen certainly didn't like the idea. She looked at the clock. Somehow, it was only 30 minutes until the party was to begin, and she hardly felt like she was prepared. She would make a fool of herself for sure, and if there was one thing she hated more than being a slave--it was being seen as a fool.

"Who is this woman? Why does she want me to attend?" She doubted that Eileen would know, but it was worth a shot. Dani was a natural-born observer and collector of information. She didn't like not knowing.

((@The Writing Owl))

"Well, I suppose we'll just have to fix that. My other servants will help you clean up and fit you in something more appropriate." James always seemed to be prepared, having a closet full of dresses and other such things. It had been his sister's, of course, but it was still a wonder he'd kept all those things for so many years. Pressing a call button, one of his other servants came in almost immediately. "Yes, sir?"

"Make sure Sylus is cleaned up and dressed in something that suits her within the next hour. We have a party to attend." The servant nodded, whisking Sylus away towards one of the many large bathrooms within the mansion. James let out a sigh, sitting back in his chair and rubbing the bridge of his nose. What could that damn woman be planning? Why did she have to be so influential? She wanted something, and no doubt she was going to succeed in getting it. She always succeeded--one way or another.

((@RaineSensei))
"Wonderful! You're just on time. A moment later and I would have had to punish you!" Christina exclaimed, a smile glittering her features. "Set the flowers out on the tables in the dining hall. Any leftovers should be placed strategically where they'll be noticed. I trust you know at least somewhat how to decorate. If not, I suppose I'll just have to fix it myself later."

She had just picked out her dress. It was crimson in color and went down to her ankles with black lace sleeves and a low-back. As always, she was determined to be the highlight of her own party. It simply wouldn't do to have someone best her in the fashion world. She had a reputation to protect after all!

Looking at the clock, her smile was replaced by a smirk. "This will certainly be a night they won't soon forget."

((@Cwolf0615))

As the tower clock in the center of the city stuck 7, cars of various styles drove up to the Worthington Estate. The gardens were clipped clean with topiary designs and magnificent flowers. The sun was setting in the west, and everyone arrived with different opinions on the night they were being forced to endure. But one thing was for certain: all would wonder what exactly Christina Worthington had planned up her sleeve.

The interior of the mansion was expertly decorated with massive bouquets and crystal chandeliers. Gold and copper were inlaid into corners and crevices, and the high ceilings were painted Renaissance-style. Pillars of marble rose up, creating an extravagant atmosphere that was unparalleled by anyone. After all, Christina was a woman of style, and she always would strive for the best.

Eileen sighed as her slave asked her who the woman was. "She's a woman who breaks the rules to get ahead and never gets caught. She makes clothes that every goddamn rich person wants, and sadly I have to admit she does have some taste." The woman started to walk toward her car, beckoning for Dani to follow her. "As much as I absolutely hate to admit it, I don't know why she wants you to come. She's got something planned, however, and I hate that I can't figure it out." The woman nodded to her driver as she let Dani in first, keeping a sharp eye out as she took a seat with her slave.

As they neared the mansion, Eileen turned to her slave. "Don't let any of the others treat you like you're shit, alright? Slave is just a title. If they try to order you to do something, tell them you only answer to me." She gave the woman a small smile before turning to the door opening. She smiled at the driver before turning and taking Dani's arm, quite like she would a date. Keeping her head held high, she walked toward the mansion, exuding an air of confidence that either comforted or scared those around her.

~~~~

Kari nodded as her master told her to be careful with the dress. She kept her face blank before reaching her room, tears starting to leak out. "Why? What did I do to deserve this?" She whispered, going back to fixing the work dress. A servant came in to help her make her face look more presentable for the master. After a ton of flinches, the young slave had simple, silver themed makeup with her hair pulled toward one side in some braid thing the girl couldn't quite explain. As the time grew closer for the party her master asked her to attend with him, Kari presented herself to the man, keeping her head down and folding her hands in front of her.

Sylus didn't even attempt to argue or protest anymore as she was taken away. As she entered the bath, she did feel somewhat grateful for a master that treated her like a human. Sure, she was a slave and he yelled alot, but he fed her and actually took care of her. After exiting the bath and getting cleaned up, the other servants began to dress her. The red haired slave looked in the mirror, staring at herself. She could barely even recognize herself and for once, she felt pretty. The long black dress with her hair tied back made her look like one of the rich, if not for her collar. Deciding she should hurry, Sylus met up with her master and left.

Moments later, the car pulled up to the mansion. Sylus exited quickly and stood beside James' door while the driver opened it for him. As she waited, her eyes looked around at the new setting and others arriving. Sylus was always fond of flowers, so to see such beautiful ones made her feel a bit happy, though she didn't show it. The other slaves that came were also dressed up like herself, but she still wondered why they had been invited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing Sabah drop to one knee startled Celeste, who became flustered. However, she smiled at him once he stood back up, happy that he wanted to protect her. "Thank you for wanting to protect me, Sabah," she said. "Hmm... we should leave soon. I'll have the others come help you. Leonardo!" With that, the older servant came quickly, giving a small bow to Celeste. "You called, Young Miss?" "Yes, can you help dress Sabah? We're going to a party." "As you wish. Come," he said, pulling Sabah along to wash up.

Celeste watched them leave before going to dress herself. As she entered her room, there were already 3 other female servants there to help her get dress. Soon, she finished dressing in her white dress. Celeste thanked the three and made her way to the front doors of her house, eager to see how Sabah would look.

Sabah shifts as he was lead to his room to get dressed with the help of the butler, the black tux he was put in fitted him well and made him look more handsome than normal. The butler, Leonardo, combed the black hair and styled it a bit. After a while he came to the front door stopping as he looked at Celeste. "You look beautiful, my lady," He smiled and bowed to her, "thank you." The other thing out of place for the slave was his collar but that was mostly hidden beneath the collars of his shirt and coat. He smiled a tad bit, "shall we go, miss?" He took her hand leading her out of the mansion to the waiting car and opened her door for her, "Ladys first." He gets in after her before they head off to the party. As they sat it in the car he started to pick at the hem of his tux, staying quiet on the ride though.

"Magic..." He rumbled. I cannot perform this "magic" but perhaps I can entertain her in another way...He thought. Aaron held up a hand and focused on his cells. Each cell grew and changed as his hand shifted shape into a sphere of black chiton. The sphere was really just to hide what was going on inside.

Within the black orb, incredible changes were occuring. After about a minute, the sphere split open like a hatching egg, and a bird flew out, chirping a beautiful tune.

"I have a suit...Tailored by..." Aaron stopped with a grunt as a piercing blast of agony screamed through his psyche. "SHE MADE THAT FOR ME!" Yellow-Hair bellowed, the fragment of Aaron's original self appearing briefly to his left in his vision.

Elise felt the tension in her shoulders slacken once Mrs. Gole started listening to Elise. At least Elise had someone who listened, and someone who actually even mildly cared about her outside of her abilities. However, Elise figured that it was more her demeanor than her actual personality that Mrs. Gole liked. Not to mention that Elise kept getting asked to do stupid and inane tasks such as moving a mahogany wardrobe into one of her spawn's room. It was actually frustrating to expect her power to be of actual use for what she trained to do but to turn up to move around the stupid woman's living room. Again.

As for the scarf, Elise would wear it. She supposed it was more a comfort item than it was an actual disguise of who she was and her power level. It hid her from everyone else, and in a pinch the scarf was a good weapon. Although they tended to break when she used them as such... As Mrs. Gole spoke, Elise was once again glad she was a slave. Elise could go to the event and not care what happened. She could even secretly hope that something terrible happened to her owner and that would be acceptable.

Then there was the 'do no concern yourself about it' line that she'd heard so often. Elise was so tempted to roll her eyes at her owner, but she contained her disdain for the woman and simply replied with her usual, fake disipline and clipped speech so that her inner feelings towards her owner didn't show through.

"I understand. Is there anything else you want me to know, or are there any orders from you that you want to give me before I depart to prepare for the party tonight?"

@Cwolf0615

Dani nodded. Oh, she would most certainly resist anyone else that tried to order her around. After all, she had never been one for following commands. She raised her eyebrows when Eileen took her arm but said nothing about it; rather, she walked alongside the woman with a slowly growing air of confidence. Even though she was a slave, she sure as hell didn't have to act like one.

As the two entered the mansion, Dani's eyes widened. She'd never seen such extravagance in the entirety of her life--even from previous "masters." Gold, bronze, diamond, marble...everything one could think of was there. But that was just the lobby. In the ballroom, the floor was made of fine wood, and gorgeous bouquets acted as the centerpieces for the tables. In the center of the ballroom was a space to dance, though Dani thought that was rather strange for a dinner party. Live music was played by real musicians dressed in elegant black tuxedos and dresses.

Dani shook her head. This 'Christina' woman sure liked to put on a show.

James wrinkled his nose in slight disgust as his eyes took in Christina's mansion and garden. Would she never stop trying to best them all? Her parties were more than just fun little skirmishes; they were her way of showing off her wealth. Although James himself was very wealthy, he would never spend so much money just to impress people. In his opinion, it was rather pathetic. But even then, he was still wearing a suit made by the damn woman's fashion company.

He looked at Sylus, staring the girl straight in the eyes. "Show confidence tonight. Don't let them step on you like a rug. You may be a slave, but I still hold you in higher regard than many people--especially Christina Worthington." With that, he took her arm like a gentleman should and led her up the walkway to the mansion. The garden was filled with flowers of all colors, and the topiary bushes were shaped like various animals. James observed everything with a careful eye. He would figure out Christina's plan before it was too late.

((@RaineSensei))
Christina looked over her balcony as her guests arrived. It was simply...delicious how their expressions showed such confusion and awe. They had guessed she had a much bigger plan in mind for tonight, and they were right. In fact, her plan was so absolutely wonderful (in her mind, anyways) that she couldn't even contain the gleeful smile playing on her lips. Everyone had arrived punctually, and they had brought their slaves. Simply marvelous!

Straightening her diamond necklace that fell to the nape of her neck, she left the balcony and gracefully made her way down to the ballroom. The music was slow but moving, making a perfect blend of calm and tension. Each of her guests seemed to have a suspicious glint in their eye. Christina made her way through the small crowd, grabbing herself a glass of champagne as she stopped in front of Jessalyn "Jess" Rosencrantz.

"Ah, Jessalyn! So glad you could make it! I was terribly worried not everyone would be able to attend. This is one of my smaller parties, after all. How has the slave house business been treating you?" Her tone was sugar sweet and revealed nothing. To those who did not know better, they would think Christina a rather ditzy woman with expensive needs. To those who did know, they would think she was making a direct attack on the poor woman standing before her. And she was.

((@RainDash))

As the clock struck eight, the doors to the mansion closed shut. No one was allowed in, and it was an unspoken rule that no one was allowed out. Not until the party was over, of course.​

Sage immediately pulled out of a hug. He embarrassed himself all because of a misunderstanding. However, if she got mad at him just because she was different from the rest - which he knew - what other things might blow her up?
Anyways, since he was really emotional back there, he wasn't going to let his feelings get the best of him to humiliate him again. Maybe he should imagine himself in the other person's shoes - how they think, how they feel. (for some reason, that's what i do. -_-)
He smiled at her, then began laughing. "Wow, that was a really big mistake on my part! Hah!"
After he calmed down, he finally spoke seriously. "You may have misunderstood as well, Fera. True, there is nobody like you, probably on the face of the Earth, but there are some similarities between you and someone for you to get to know each other...,"
Then, he paused, remembering one of his friends from childhood. "Or you both could be so different, but still be able to put up with each other."

Placing his hands on his hips, he giggled. "So, what do you say? Coming to the party, or not?"
Fera was curious that Sage was asking her again, but she nodded anyway. " You want party, need me at party... I go for you! No care much for party, but want you happy!" Fera said, a big grin on her face. However, it faded slightly as she realized that she would have to dress up...

Finally, after being forced into a blue dress that complimented her hair, Fera and Sage arrived at the party. (Hope you don't mind me moving us along!) She was shocked by all of the expensive things near her, and resolved not to touch anything in case she accidentally broke something. Instead, she entertained herself by looking at everyone else there and trying to see what they were thinking from their body language and whatever conversations she could overhear.

--------------

Carolina was not happy. She had only gotten the invitation for Christina Worthington's party this morning, and that meant she didn't have the proper amount of time to find a dress for herself and a suit for her new slave, Hamish. She had to make do with something she found in her massive closet which wasn't too bad, but she couldn't buy something new for the occasion and it annoyed her. Of course, she took out her frustrations on Hamish while he helped her get dressed.
"Not so tight, are you trying to kill me?! ... No, not that one, the one next to it! Are you blind?! ... Get dressed! I can't have you looking like a complete fool at this party! ..." Of course, she didn't tell anyone that secretly, she was frightened. What was going to happen at this party?

Well, it didn't matter. She was going, and once her slave was dressed, they would be on their way.

(@Chromatic You can have us at the party in your next post if you want.)

Lucifer stared at his new suit, it was a stunning all black outfit with a blood red shirt, his favourite colour. Lucifer blushed, no one in his entire life had bought him something so nice and now a noble, the ones he use to hurt and steal from was treating so kindly, Lucifer looked away hiding how happy he was "Yea I guess it's fine" trying to hide the happiness in his voice "So why do you think slaves are coming to the party" he said suddenly trying to change the subject...
Aiko shook his head, but smiled at the fact that Lucifer was feeling comfortable enough to ask him questions. "I honestly have no idea, but I suppose it could be a show of strength from each of the guests." He replied, before glancing down at his watch and cursing. How had the time gotten away from him so fast? They needed to get moving! Picking out the first thing that looked good on him, a regular black suit, Aiko took Lucifer back to the house so they could change before driving the pair of them to the mansion where the party was being held. He held back a grimace at the sight of it. It reminded him of the parties that his father had constantly forced him to go to as a child. Those were not good memories. Hopefully this party would be different...

Jack smiled pleasantly "Why do you look so down?" Jack had noticed Kari Wasn't looking at him and had her arms crossed, he found it was rude after he gave her such a beautiful outfit. Jack checked his watch, it was nearly time to get moving or they would be late.

Jack had called a black Limo from his garage, it arrived in minutes of calling for it "Let's get going then!" Jack opened the door for his slave. Jack was about to blow with excitement, right now he just wanted to know why the slaves where involved.....

~~~~~~

Lucifer was in deep thought, a test of strength, Did that mean he was going to fight other slaves? That could be trouble, even though he could knock out a man from a touch of his hand he had heard their where slaves as strong as a god and some that couldn't die if it was a fight they could be in serious trouble. As they arrived at the party lucifer stood in awe, it was huge as well as incredibly bright. He could hear the chatter of excited guests, this party was looked pretty innocent nothing that would suggest there would be a fight, but Aikos expression was troubled maybe he was feeling sick?

(Sorry if I messed up anywhere ie spellings or something doesn't make sense in school right now :D)

The marbles and splendors simply made Eileen roll her eyes. If the option wasn't a huge blow to her reputation then the woman would have just skipped out on the party altogether. However, Christina, as much as the brunette hated to admit, was an influential woman. The businesswoman kept Dani close to her side. She wouldn't let any one of these people, especially Christina, lay a single hand on her slave. "The day Christina stops trying to outdo everyone around her will be the day hell freezes over..." Eileen mumbled, taking in all of the extravagant flowers and decorations the woman had set out. Everything seemed to scream at the 28 year old, "I'm better than you!"

Scowling, Eileen picked up a drink before searching for someone to mingle with. After all, there had to be someone here that was semi-decent. If anything, she could gather information about this whole shin-dig. Dani would tell her if she noticed something. The girl seemed to pick up on everything. Eileen's scowl lifted somewhat at that. Now, it was time to try and find someone to discuss with.

~~~~

Kari flinched at her master's tone. Her hands suddenly felt very clammy as they sat neatly folded in front of her. She kept her head down. "I am sorry, Master. I am simply trying to show you proper respect. Please forgive any impudence." The young girl slipped into the limo at her master's beckoning, quickly looking straight down at her feet as they rode to the mansion. Going to a party scared the poor slave. There was too many people at parties. Too many accidents could happen if her master ordered her to use her powers. She gently touched the collar that inhibited her manipulation. Even with it on, she felt weary. Why would the slaves be going to a party for the masters'? What use did they have for the monsters-no, no they weren't monsters-that the rich had so cruelly collared?

Her thoughts were interrupted as they had arrived at the party. The whole place was immense, and much flashier than any of her previous masters' homes. The blonde kept her head down, trying to show complete obedience and submission as she followed her master into the party. There weren't as many people as brown eyed girl thought, but suspicion permeated the air so thickly that there should have been more. Kari wanted to just find a corner and curl into a ball, but her master required her for the party. Thus, she would act like a good little slave.

Adisa's arms were giving out, he was already tired of crafting. He set his tools down and walked downstairs, taking a seat in the living room. The boy just stared at the wall, as if he were expecting something to be there. His attention broke when he'd felt something unusual coming through the front door. As he stood up, he noticed a small, rectangular piece of paper sticking out of the door. He wondered what it was. It was addressed to really anyone in the household. As he opened the envelope, he pulled out an invitation. Slowly reading it through, he realized that there was a party coming up -- and he and Samantha were invited!
Adisa jumped up in the air a few times before going to get changed in some appropriate clothing (YES. THIS.). Then, he'd asked for Samantha's permission if she wanted to go to the party, (hopefully she agreed and got changed) and the two made their way down the the mansion before the clock stroke eight.

Adisa was amazed at this magnificent building. He'd never been in one of these before (unless, of course, samantha lives in one)! Adisa was sort of a shy little boy, so of course he'd been sticking to the walls rather than mingling with the others.

~

Sage was awestruck when he saw Fera in her dress. He already wanted to pounce on her and hug her with all of his might, never letting go of this beautiful image of a girl. That would, however, make Sage one of the most creepiest masters alive, so he refused to do so in his right mind. All he could really squeeze out was a simple compliment on her looks without him getting embarrassed. Sage needed to change too, so he changed into a tuxedo. Really, it was the only clothing that seemed right at these kinds of parties. Women had more freedom.

Sage hadn't really been in these kinds of mansions before. This one hadn't surprised him, however. Of course, it would if he were a little kid. The woman hosting this party looked much richer than he was - especially since she owned a large mansion that was decorated with fine ornaments that probably costed millions. He turned to look at Fera to see if she was having fun already, though, she hadn't engaged in any conversation yet. Sage probably wouldn't either. Ah, maybe parties weren't as exciting as they seemed.

"Of course Miss Carolina. I'm sorry Miss Carolina. Right away Miss Carolina"
Each order was met with an impeccable response followed by a seemingly easy smile. It lasted all through the trek across gilded hallways and passing servants who for the most part ignored their lady's personal slave. Some still risked the occasional curious glance however which he returned with a respectful nod. A few were a bit scornful when they spotted the starched suit and tie that hung over his arm. No doubt they wished to accompany Carolina to the apparent 'ball of the year' as they were so fond of calling it. Even if they had to stay in her company for the whole evening. Upon reaching his personal quarters, surprisingly just a hall or two away from his masters bedroom, the facade dropped away like a piece of dead skin. He may not be able to feel tired or sleepy but a headache was inevitable from all the efforts of manipulating solid objects. Not to mention the aggravation he had towards his new employer.

This was to be expected. He had even resigned himself to such treatment the moment he agreed to 'leave' the lab. But as if to mock his efforts they had gave him to a glorified heiress. There was no doubt in his mind that this had all been orchestrated. It made his resolve to stay obedient and under radar even stronger. Or at least appear as so. Laying the fancy attire onto his unused bed, Hamish glanced at the costume before his clothing began to shimmer. In less than a second he was 'dressed' and ready to go. He proceeded to stash the real clothes in his bedside table cabinet to keep it out of sight. The bright and polished dress shoes were just an extra mile he decided to take.

Irritated and in no mood for jealous employees Hamish teleported into Carolina's bedroom. Carefully positioning himself close enough to the door to seem as if he had just entered. It was obvious by her stiff back and light tapping of high heels that she was nervous. A first for Hamish since he had always seen her with an over abundance of arrogant pride. Blue eyes flicked towards the vanity mirror where he could clearly see her expresion. Without the constant screaming and concentrated expression it almost made her...endearing in a way. He cleared his throat to capture her attention.

@Ananfal

Carolina whirled around in shock as Hamish cleared his throat behind her, but that was the only sign of her surprise. Quickly regaining her stuff posture, she looked him up and down with an appraising eyes, making sure to make her voice scornful as she spoke. "Well... It'll do, I suppose. Nothing we can do about it now. We must get on our way before we're late. And no one is late to a Christina Worthington party. No one!" She led Hamish to her car, ordering him to drive as she flounced into the passenger seat, pointedly not looking at him. "Hurry up." She huffed quietly at him, for once not screaming or yelling.

Christ, she was scared. Yes, her slave was there to protect her, but Cari knew that she was on her own. She was always on her own. Since there was no one else looking after her, she had to do it herself. And if that meant getting a slave and treating him like crap to save her own fragile heart, well that was what she was going to do.

Carolina stayed quiet for the rest of the drive, sneaking glances at Hamish when he wasn't looking. When they arrived, she hesitated slightly as she was about to exit the car.
"Thank you." She muttered, before quickly escaping the car. Once Hamish rejoined her, she was once more her arrogant, bratty, selfish persona again. "Let's get this party started." She said quietly as she walked through the doors right before they closed and the bell rang eight.

(@Chromatic Here you go!)

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Dana shook her head as Elise spoke, lifting her arm up and flicking her index and middle finger towards the door in a somewhat dismissive motion. "No, no." She said. "That will be all. Just try to be in the main hall, dressed and groomed, about fifteen minutes before we need to depart. Showing up late to one of Ms. Worthington's parties isn't an option. Should you not be there, I will send someone to fetch you, but that would be less than desirable. Oh, and if you need help getting prepared for any reason, you can ask one of the other slaves or a servant." She paused for a short moment. "Well... that really is all. You can go now. Thank you for your time."

She waited for her slave to exit the room, and then turned to finish making the needed preparations.

A few hours later, Dana Gole had arrived at the party, her slaves close by her side. She was dressed as one would expect of her, in a modest gown that, despite being simple, was still appropriate for the evening. Practical and to the point, as per usual. Her expression was also as per usual, a stern, emotionless look - though, if one were to look closely, they might notice her jaw was set ever so slightly firmer than usual.

She would consider the situation before her an unsightly one - a torturous mixture of vanity, small-talk, and arrogant socialites with less-than-honorable intentions. If she were able to cut out anything from her life, she had no doubt in her mind it would be events such as the one that she was currently forced to endure.

Glancing over at Elise, she gave a small sigh, before returning her gaze to straight in front of herself. "Please, Elise," She warned softly. "Do behave yourself, and don't let your guard down. Christina is little more than a glorified sociopath, and we wouldn't want to let her get any more of an upper-hand on us than she already does. This party is certainly a strange one, especially with the small size. Other than that, though, you may do as you please, so long as you don't stray too far from me. If you could stay within my sight, at least for the moment, I believe it would be best."

Parker stood off to the side, watching in silence as the guests poured in through the doors. As much as he hated the parties, he had to admit, in a way, he also sort of enjoyed them. They were entertainment, pure and simple; It was amusing to watch his master's rich attendees run around like chickens without their heads. And today, today was probably the best he'd ever seen. They all seem so nervous, so suspicious - one might say they looked scared, terrified even.

If he didn't fear getting in trouble, he might have liked to tease them. To grin, and stick his tongue out - to laugh, and ask them just what they thought Christina was planning. Despite the fact that he himself wasn't sure what the point of this party was himself, it almost felt like he had the upper-hand today, and that was a nice feeling.

But, instead, he simply continued to stand off to the side - holding back a smirk at some of the more worried faces he saw.
Phoebe Kairis was a girl torn from glory, and forced into servitude; A princess dethroned, a celebrity shamed, a child broken. Parties such as the one she was attending tonight had been a daily affair during her childhood, back before it had all gone downhill. It was at a party such as the one she was attending tonight that she had met her best friend, had her first kiss, learned of her brother's demise, and eventually, caused her own.

The swirl of emotions she felt over the event were, in all regards, surprisingly mild. Still, for someone such as herself, the sort who was stuck in what seemed to be an unending stream of apathy, they were significant; And she was unsure of whether the fluttering of butterflies in her stomach was attributed to nervousness, excitement, or something else entirely.

With hands clutched, and fingers anxiously running over the fabric of her dress, she walked next to her master - keeping her eyes on the ground, and her ears concentrated on the sounds of her own feet tapping against the ground.

"I'm not sure what to make of it. Not sure." She mumbled softly to herself, the sound of her nearly inaudible voice helping to calm her fidgeting hands ever so slightly. "It's been quite some time since we've attended such an upscale event, isn't it Cy? I'm just not sure what to make of it. Not sure."

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
It was extravagant Charlie admitted, gazing around at the heavily decorated ballroom. In other circumstances he would have rejected the invitation but his mother specifically advised against it. Apparently there were already too many offenses he had made by not attending several parties hosted by well known socielites. And if he continued in avoiding interaction with higher society he would lose opportunities in meeting potential partners. Although he could careless about settling down anytime soon. Buisness partners however were a top priority. So after much sleepless nights filled with official documents Charlie had made a decision.

So far his little venture into "higher society" was proving to be exponentially fruitless. Granted he did just arrive and hadn't really gotten the chance to speak with anyone yet. Perhaps the thought of being surrounded by so many pricks was bringing out his impatient side. As if to add more to his epinephrine levels the silent whispery words of his slightly 'confused' companion reached his ears. Charlie had contemplated on leaving the girl behind as she was a couple of screws loose to be honest. This time it was his father that had advised against it. What would happen if danger were to strike and he had no protection? Simple. Charlie would just take it upon himself to beat the crap out of his attacker. That of course didn't settle well with his mother. He could just feel that inevitable headache coming on.

He risked a side glance at Phobe from the corner of his eye. She was doing exceptionally well considering this was the first public event she's attended after he had...purchased her services. A long story he really didn't want to think about.
"Phobe, what do you think?" Charlie questioned, voice light but expectant.

@Cwolf0615

Okami​

Okami was more than aware of his master's social needs. As any normal human, he knew that Jess needed to go out, meet people, go to parties and social gatherings, etc. But it was now a dilemma, he still didn't want to go so it was such a difficult choice. He hated when this kind of decisions were thrown at him with no previous warning, but what was done was done and he could not change the past. Eventually, he'd accept the request, just to satisfy his master. His feelings were nothing without importance in any kind of themes, but he could just ignore them with ease so he would afford anything without any kind of remorse. That's the butler he is, the one who praises -want it or not- for his master's well.

"As I'm at your serve, you may take me if you wish so. My lady" Okami replied softly, taking care of his tone and gestures to not do something unappropriated.

Jan Vandersthrough

As the door swiftly, Jan rolled his eyes up from the table. Looking at Christi, who had just answered to his command within the hour, just as he liked it. "Christi, may you-" he immediately interrupted his speech. Christi could maneuver around the house with ease thanks to her abilities, but she did so so fine that Jan completely forgot for a second she was blind. And so, she couldn't read the letters on the paper. "Oh sorry, *Coughs* Christi, I got this letter and I think this is something that could concern you" Jan stood up of his chair as he spoke.

"Let me give you a brief resume of it. Basically, there's a high standard party coming up… Tonight, if I'm not wrong. The matter is that, whoever planned up the party, asks for the guests to take a "servant" with. What do you think? Should I go and take you as my partner?"

((OOC: Sorry for the delay, I'll try to keep up with the current events as soon as possible))

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.