1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Horror, Light Romance, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Fandoms (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel/DC)
[BCOLOR=transparent]OOC[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Utopian Society of Adacia[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Founded roughly 500 years ago, Adacia stands at the pinnacle of human progress and intellect. With walls guarding the city from the ruins of the outside world, it has become the last of what mankind has to offer. There is no crime, there is no inequality or poverty.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At least, that's what they want you to think.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In reality, they run rampant in the city streets. The officials just don't talk about it. The current leader of the city, Charles Haven, is rarely seen but harshly felt. To go against him is asking for a fate worse than death. His son, Victor, is hardly an improvement. Though not a monarchy in name, Adacia remains one all the same.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alas, those who have the power to change the fate of this city do not wish to do so. For they are the rich, the privileged--they know nothing of the impoverished lifestyle of the Lower District. In fact, it more than likely disgusts them. For the seldom few that pity the lower class, they have been all but ostracized for voicing such opinions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the past 200 years, a genetic anomaly has occurred. Rather, it should be called a mutation. Haven's best scientists could never find the cause, but the effect was certainly catastrophic. In just the span of one generation, the Outer District was completely destroyed by those affected by the mutation, an event later referred to as "Bloody River" due to the river running through city turning red that day. As such, laws were quickly passed by George Haven, the leader of the city at the time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]These laws commanded the immediate enslavement or imprisonment or, in extreme cases, execution of these mutated individuals--usually referred to as "abominations." Such extreme cases were rare because the Haven family saw an opportunity in these mutants, not only as slaves but as soldiers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Those with high caliber abilities were immediately sent to Blackhaven Prison for the sole purpose of studying them and finding out how to weaponize them. In time, a small and elite group of these mutants came out of the prison completely changed and driven by only one purpose: to follow the Haven family's every command. Every year, those condemned to the prison come out as the same. And now, they act as personal bodyguards to the family, as well as a type of "secret police." Fearfully nicknamed "Probers," this group is not to be trifled with.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Those sold into slavery were sold to the highest bidder--always a man or woman of high social standing. The higher their power caliber, the more expensive they would become. Soon, no one living in the Upper District was without a mutant slave. These slaves were rendered helpless by the ingenuity of Arthur Germaine--the lead scientist and engineer of the time. He developed simple but efficient collars meant to not only punish slaves if they acted out but also kept them pumped with an anti-mutagen of sorts inhibiting their powers. Arthur quickly patented these "G-Collars" and sold them for outrageous prices, and the upper class was more than willing to pay.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As such, many aspects of the society changed completely. Where before slavery was taboo and even considered illegal by some parties (though never officially so), it was now common practice. Where before the upper class had never lived in fear, they now did. For while most of the abominations were found in the Lower District for reasons unknown, the genetic anomaly could still be found in the Upper District. Children of high-class citizens were found born with these mutations and, by law, forced into slavery or even imprisonment. There was nothing anyone could do, and no one dared to overstep the new boundaries set in place.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How exactly did one determine whether a child had the mutation? Frederic Bordon answered this through his own stroke of genius. He discovered that, while the genetic anomaly could not be identified at birth, it [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]could[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]be discovered when a child hit 11 years old, with some at 10 and 12. Not only that but, with some refinement, it could properly identify the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]strength [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]of the child's power. He quickly proportioned it into a scale dubbed, moronically, the Bordon Scale. George Haven did not hesitate to make it mandatory for every child to be tested starting at 9 years old until 13 (just to be sure).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Life went on. And 200 years later, slavery has become a thing of pride for the Upper District. The more slaves you had, the richer you were considered to be. In rare cases, citizens would only keep a few on hand, but most would try to get their hands on as many as possible. Those that don't sell are immediately shipped off to the prison without question. Those of higher caliber don't even get the chance at the relative freedom of slavery.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the city of Adacia,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Power is Slavery,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Slavery is Power,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]But you cannot oppress them forever[/BCOLOR]

8180353_orig.png

This roleplay is the reboot of "Power is Slavery"--one I started about a year ago and failed to get off the ground due to life issues AS WELL AS the complete lack of social, political, cultural, etc. construct within the roleplay. NOW, I have completely reset everything, rethought through the crap that was crap, and hopefully created something for the better.

As such, I have tons of information to give to everyone in the OOC, but I figured I'd give the rundown of what's going on. Everyone will be expected to play at least two characters, preferably of two different genders. You are, of course, welcome to play more with permission. I've roleplayed with a good portion of the active people on here, so I have an idea of what people can handle and what they can't.

ANOTHER THING. The plot is COMPLETELY different. While the basis for the roleplay is the same, those who joined the previous "Power is Slavery" will notice there are MAJOR changes. This includes what I have planned for the actual IC. I MIGHT need a co-GM, I might not. If you are interested in such a position, just let me know.

I know it's not aesthetically pleasing, but I promise the OOC will be. Lots of pictures and formatting and all that! Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
M´k I am very interested in this my only problem is posting expectations and length.
What's the problem, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, sorry for the wait. Life got a little crazy, and I'm still trying to start up another roleplay of mine that's already got an OOC. xD I'll have the OOC up by next week unless a bear attacks me.

Reactions: KatherinWinter

Also, sorry for the wait. Life got a little crazy, and I'm still trying to start up another roleplay of mine that's already got an OOC. xD I'll have the OOC up by next week unless a bear attacks me.
Nuuu don't get attacked by a bear!!

Oh! I do not know them! However if it´s Intermediate + Please read: Error | IwakuRoleplay.com

Is the OOC a thing yet?

-jeopardy theme plays-

Reactions: Aois
Fucking Jeopardy theme, it fits so WELL though. I hate waiting, but I must! Damn my ADHD... Pardon my language everyone, I usually keep it to myself...

Fucking Jeopardy theme, it fits so WELL though. I hate waiting, but I must! Damn my ADHD... Pardon my language everyone, I usually keep it to myself...
I'm currently working out the final kinks in the plot I have in mind and now it's just a matter of getting everything put together on the OOC. It'll be up either today or tomorrow!

I'm interested a lot as well! I was not apart of the original, but I love to join this time around.

• Love
Reactions: Rae
I am interested in this, if it is still open for players.

• Love
Reactions: Rae
@Eon @Zadok shadows @Ananfal @HellHoundWoof @Cwolf0615 @The Writing Owl @Wizzy The Wizard @Pravitas @Shadows @Lyra Meiko @Leucothea

The OOC is finally up!
Thank you so much for your patience, and please take your time in reading through everything! I know it's a bit of monster. As far as posting expectations go, I'm hoping for at least two to three paragraphs, but posting does not have to be more than once a week.

Also, you guys might want to start reserving powers. It's first come-first serve!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@kimsim12
Okay, cool, thanks!

It's 3 am here and I'm too sleepy to pay attention to written word at the moment (and have as yet not read the ooc info), but was wondering if my old powers from the original rp would still work? (As a quick refresher since it was forever ago: Parker had that uh... ability to like, gain knowledge/read memories, and Phoebe could destabilize objects. Basically, walking through walls.)

If so, I'd like to reserve those, if possible.
Characters will be completely revamped and changed as needed and might not even be related to the old ones, but I'm honestly just crap at coming up with powers and don't want to go through the painstaking process of trying to figure out new ones if I don't have to. xD

(Posting this here so as to not immediately clutter up the OOC with my constant dumb questions.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.