Power is Slavery [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Clear I have a preference for real-image pictures, but anime is perfectly fine. In regards to free-roaming characters, I'm not currently allowing any unless you've checked with me. If they're above 50, it would have been almost impossible for them to remain incognito. :)

@Rin Mico That sounds fine with me! The idea of genetic mutation is very lax, but thanks for checking!

If I've missed any questions, just shoot me a PM!

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
@kimsim12 How about my character? Is it fine?

Human
Name:
Eileen Princeton
Age (15-54):
Orientation:
Bisexual
Appearance (pics allowed):
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.jpg

Personality:
Stubborn and a bit self-centered, Eileen is a focused business woman who has been aiming for the top since day 1. She's hard-headed, following the philosophy of my way or the highway. She doesn't like following the rules, but will try to manipulate them in her favor. She is cocky, often going in over her head in all things. However, she views everyone as her equal, taking in others opinions as challenges to better herself with.
Biography:
Eileen was born in poverty to a failed lawyer. Her mother tried to get back into cases but her sympathy for those with powers held her back. Determined not to end up like her mother, Eileen sought her career in business. She started with simple jobs before working her way up to the point where she could start her own company, a firm of lawyers as irony would have it. A very successful businesswoman, Eileen helps upstarts even today.
Class:
Rich
Other Information:
She likes to have no more than two slaves due to her mother's preference.

Super-Human
Name:
Kari
Age (10-54):
Orientation:
Heterosexual
Appearance (pics allowed):
anime_girl_in_hoodie_by_shigokuboy-d8ixwx0.jpg

Personality:
Kari acts as if she's cut off from the world, but really she's a very emotional girl. She's kind, always wanting to help others the best she can. Some may call her naive, but after spending years in slavery she's learned better. Kari is prone to emotional fits, but tries her best to keep them to a minimum.
Biography:
Born in poverty, her parents tried to keep her when she was tested and found with powers. She then was jumped home to home as a slave since her powers, while bringing great relief also backfired in horrible ways. She's currently back in the market.
Class (before slavery):

Poor, now a slave
Power (include the weaknesses of this power):
Kari can take and give emotions to others.

Strengths:
Temporary relief of certain emotions
Lasts at most 3 hours
Can give calming feelings to others

Weaknesses:
Prone to emotional outbursts
Sometimes she ends up giving negative emotions full force
All emotions she takes, she experiences
May accidentally take too many emotions

Power Strength (1-95):
Other Information:

Favorite food is watermelon

Last edited:
Reactions: AAB
@kimsim12 What is the level of tech and weapons for this RP?

Alrighty, I added pics. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Willow_
Uhm, what about my characters, @kimsim12 ?

Charlie W. Finch

tumblr_mi4lnvDN1R1r8tyvto1_500.jpg

Human
Name
Charlie Winchester Finch

"August 18, 1992 if you wanna get all technical"

Orientation
A decent human being

Appearance

[spoili]
Logan-Lerman-(2).jpg

tumblr_static_tumblr_m6rwhtnusr1r8pcxfo1_500.jpg

book-logan-lerman-movie-percy-jackson-Favim.com-858498.jpg

tumblr_lsx1yiRt6u1r329zno7_500.gif

tumblr_mgca0wDqh41qe27tzo1_500.gif

[/spoili]

Even though he should be walking around in a suite and tie, as per recruitment of his status and future occupation, Charlie was never one for lavish displays of wealth. Unfortunately he's also got the fashion sense of a librarian. All baggy sweaters but at the very least, acceptable looking jeans. The fact that its all just expensive brand name clothing gives it the illusion of extravagance. Physicality wise he's got the looks to fit the bill with those chocolate locks and sea green eyes.

Personality
In general he's a pretty carefree, borderline careless, and witty, to the point of being rudely sarcastic, guy. He's got a smart sense of humor that he doesn't hesitate to gift wrap and freely hand out to others. Most usually don't know that he's also the type that never goes back on his word. Honesty and truth aren't really his forte but the trust of others isn't something that he would easily squander either. God only knows that he isn't exactly the golden child with his short fuse and tactless way of blurting things out before thinking. That's probably the main cause of his troubles and the less than terrific consequences that follow. Not to mention his sense of responsibility for every little thing that goes wrong.

Technically speaking, Charlie can be smart but seems to act dumb and can be a little obtuse. That's just a fancy way of saying that he doesn't always see the obvious when its right in front of him. Such as people's feelings and what they are trying to see indirectly. Despite this he can be perceptive when he wants (or needs) to be. Adding to that is his dislike of being manipulated and forced to obey which often times leads to his derisively sardonic and moody demeanor.

Apart from his mischievous and flippant attitude there's a dangerous edge to him that others rarely see. People have all sorts of defense mechanisms when it comes to their mental state and in most cases it can do more harm than good. An A-class example of that would be Charlie who bottles up his emotions way past his breaking point. However he can easily release all that pent up 'energy' by either over working himself to the point of passing out or he sends someone to the emergency room.

Biography
As the first born child and son of Mary Elizabeth Winchester and Caelan Lockwood Richard De Grantaine Finch (My god, that was a mouthful), Charlie's whole life was already planned out for him. Which basically consisted of the best luxury money could buy, an arranged marriage with a girl heiress of exceptional wealth and familial linage, and of course taking over the several billion dollar corporations under his father's name. Oh and lets not forget upholding the prestigious traditions of his mother's noble family leading back to when The 'Crystalline City' was just a hunk of minerals twenty leagues down under. At first Charlie was content with his role. If you count 'content' as being emotionally and physically exhausted 24/7 of every minute of everyday for a whopping 16 years of his life.

Eventually after quite sometime of silent obedience came the teenage years which for all those who've gone through puberty, knows just how much you really start questioning your parents decisions. Charlie had always been mischievous from the time that he painted all of the fine china in a vibrant pink and his private tutors toupee spontaneously combusting. It just took a surge of unrelenting hormones to bring his rebellious streak bubbling to the surface. Which for the most part led up to the kind of character he is now and his lack of appreciation for overbearing authoritative figures. Unless he trusts you wholeheartedly, he prefers following his own set of rules and morals.

Now here's the part where he somehow escapes his familial duties and now leads a regular life, free of media pressure and suffocating burdens. Sorry to disappoint but, no. In fact Charlie is now leading one of those billion dollar corporations with the guidance of his father. Their relationship is still strained as heck but compromises and mutual understandings have been made to keep the motor running nice and smoothly. That and a secret that could make or break everything for him, his family, and the thousands of employees working for them.

Class
Rich

Other Information
Excessive personal loyalty. Let just say he wouldn't mind going bankrupt for a few people in his life. [spoili]
tumblr_mhgqxfYUSv1r4v34qo1_r1_500.gif
[/spoili]

Has a surprising affinity with books and literature. [spoili]
1b55f0d96e823a3d524c2d70a524fd90ee5da4360375ce3382d1d42674b02da8_1.gif
[/spoili]

Insomnia. Plain and simple sleeping disorder.

Hamish John Holmes

hugo_butterfield500.jpg

Super-Human
Name
Hamish John Holmes

(For the time being)

Orientation
"Sugary & Sweet but Spicy all over"
(Charlie:...what the hell does that even mean?"

Appearance

[spoili]
asa.jpg

hugo-quote.gif

tumblr_m1qf4yyyvF1rscfzpo1_500.gif

tumblr_ma1piiIt0c1qi1s1po1_500.gif

asa-butterfield-hugo.jpg

tumblr_mcbfbsSae01qanpzp.gif

Older 18+ Appearance

tumblr_mt2ycp5WRQ1s01fsdo1_500.jpg

136c106edd6dd81927fb9ca9be42dfa7.jpg

tumblr_n2dzin0njc1s01fsdo1_500.jpg

9310134283_d43dac448a_z.jpg

[/spoili]

Well technically speaking he can look and appear just about anything. Before you jump to conclusions, no, Hamish is not a shapeshifter. In fact before making the effort of reading any further you might want to have a little peek at the novel under the "Power" section. Its really alright, I'll wait.

Glad to see that you're back! Did you enjoy or absolutely hate that long winded explanation? Anyhow let me just stop wasting your time and get on with it. Since Hamish has the ability of illusion then his form isn't exactly set in stone. Although he does prefer his true form rather than anything else. On occasion he might revert to an older appearance in order to fulfill an order or to bypass a few age restrictions (such as 18+ clubs...and by that I mean pubs and drinking bars. Nothing else. Really).

Some would like to say that its just because of the illusions but in all honesty, Hamish is a handsome looking young man. Even though he looks as if he's a few years younger then his real age because of being in a bedridden coma for...practically his whole life. Dark brown, bordering on black, fluffy hair with cerulean blue eyes and pale but unblemished skin. If he wasn't well, what he is, it would have been well admired traits. Most just think its a waste of a god given gift on someone like him.

Personality
I'll try to make this as brief as possible since I don't want to put you through another wall of text to chip away on. Its a really, really, really strange mix of mature childishness. Yea, bet you've never seen those two adjectives shoved together. Although its more just maturity since he didn't have the luxury of a childhood. You could say that he has an air about him that causes others to momentarily forget the tangibility of reality. What with all the fanciful illusions and sights he could make you see. He could take you to the top of the world if you wished for it. Metaphorically of course. Dreams are the best (or the worst) since he has full range of control for human sensations. That means if you eat a piece of cake you'll be able to feel the cream melt in your mouth and the soft bread against your tongue (there's also a 100% guarantee of no puke-flavored anything. Unless you ask for it. Which is a strange request...). However none of it is real and when you awake the feeling of a full belly will evaporate like an all too realistic dream.

Apart from the obvious Hamish is without a doubt the most "curious" person you will ever come across, if not a bit perplexing. He has a mindset that basically rather than focusing on one certain perspective, he sees everything through a kaleidoscope of colors. His belief is that there are many sides of life and its up to us to see them. A mind that reaches for the stars when everything else is rooted so firmly to the ground. That's why he takes pleasure in bringing others dreams into 'reality'. If he never could fulfill his desires then helping others reach theirs is close enough in his book.

As you might know there's a distinct difference between knowledge and experience. No matter how much research and novels that he had gone through while in the facility, nothing could really prepare him for the real thing. So despite technically 'knowing' he's still got a sense of naivety.

Biography
Is there really anymore to say? Apart from the endless days of being restricted to the facility and training for weeks on end to strengthen his mental capacity, nothing more about his 'life' is worth telling. No memories of loving parents, relatives, and as for his birthday, he's never had one. All he was or could be told was his age which is currently 16. With that small information he calculated that his birthday was between the years 1998 or 1999. Not that it mattered.

Honestly he didn't mind being ordered around to stay put in one specific space since that's all that he grew up in. Of course he's gotten curious multiple amounts of times but his obedience is crucial and the government would have been stupid to just assume that he would stay put on his own definite accord. So a a system was constructed. One that was based on toxic injections ready to be pumped into his bloodstream in 0.2 milliseconds should he prove to be more dangerous than useful.

After years and years of unending compliance they felt that he was ready to live a 'normal' life. Which means being the eyes and ears of Andacia through the guise of a slave. A restrained life in exchange for a possibly controlling master (Pssttt that control freak master could be you). Not much of a difference really.

Class
Former Rich
Current Slave

Power
Its all a bit...complicated. Hamish has the power of creation. Whoa first of all no, not god-like holy powers where objects just appear out of thin air. Although it does kind of look like that from the get go. What's really happening is the conversion of atoms into something solid and well 'existing' basically. As far as living life forms go he's able to conjure up a few fetus plants and patches of weeds such as daises, dandelions, and clovers. Even food compositions are in his range of power with the added bonus of all key ingredients for a human's healthy diet needs. The taste though is wonky and by wonky I mean undeniably, irrevocably disgusting. He had been practicing on it but no one really wanted to be the guinea pig and have their taste buds permanently damaged.

Now in order to actually convert atoms into, well not atoms, then you've got to know all the inner workings. From its scientific table of elements down to its molecular structure. Basically if he were to build a car then Hamish would need to read up on some engineering books if he hasn't already. With clocks it would need to be gears and clockwork.

Right now though he's a ghost. Literally. The physical body that he currently holds is being held somewhere in a high facility government location that is completely off the grid. Someone with this type of dangerous power should have been put down the moment they were born but the higher ranking officials came up with a better idea. Placing him in a medicinal coma, they conducted all sorts of tests in hopes of tapping into his ability. Everything came to a complete stand still however when they found that he could materialize a separate but identical entity from his solid form.

It didn't stop there. Along with his new found power came the ability to manipulate human senses but only the perception of sight. Which means he can conjure up illusions to trick the mind and affect all those around him. Unfortunately with the inability of his physical counterpart that's all he can do. No atom manipulations, solid objects, nothing he makes is real. Even the 'body' that others see is just an illusion. Although he's able to 'touch' others and cause them to 'feel' by electrical impulses of surrounding molecules (that's only by using his mental manifestation) Hamish cannot feel a thing.

When he's Dream Wandering is a different story. Yes, he can jump and intrude into others dreams. Maybe even manipulate it a little so that a nightmare can turn into a shower of flowers or a fanciful fantasy turning into a void of insanity. That's the only place where he's able to 'physically feel' anything but even then, having long since lost the memory of 'touch', there's no telling if what he is 'feeling' is anything close to the real thing.

Power Strength
95 but since his real form is in a forcibly induced-coma, its only a vague 69.

Other Information
Photographic memory comes in handy when you have to memorize all 118 elements as well as a whole novel in order to conjure up a decent looking pebble. Isn't that right Hamish? [spoili]
tumblr_inline_n14kkeX72R1syhljh.gif
[/spoili]

Done -_- and since I know I'm going to be too lazy to make a separate post of this just let me know (before or after my chara's possibly gets accepted) if you want to collab with either being Hamish's master or (good lord I almost forgot my own characters name) Charlie's slave.​

Name:
Samantha Thyman Westworhty

Orientation:
Striahgt
(Intrested in the opposite gender only)

Appearance :
Mirai.jpg

Personality:
Samantha is a romantic character, always finding herself drawn to boys
no matter how they react to her being attracted as she is. She usually finds
comfort in her books, having filled her room past it's limit with them.
All of her life she was known as she nerdy chic, having accepted the title,
she began calling herself the love doctor. Part of the reasoning behind her nickname
comes from her love of fanfic and her passion for romance.

Biography:
Samantha was born and raised in the wealthy part of town, treating all those lower than her like
they were nonexistent. She would only interact with those of equal or higher social status than herself.
Therefore giving the idea that she was stuck-up and catty. Although these rumors are false,
she let people believe what they liked and she continued with her life, taking up a job as a part-time librarian
and a part-time waitress in a coffee shop.

Class:
Wealthy

Other Information:
N/A

Name:
Chirsti Bristle

Orientation:
Straight
( attracted to the opposite sex only)

Appearance :
1af76282ec57b93fdf71117cc7707a89.jpg

Personality:
Chirsti has been classified as the strong silent type due
to her blindness.

Biography:
Chirsti grew up the daughter of a poor widowed woman who had
many years before in her younger days, eloped with one of the
super-humans and unknowingly gotten herself into a situation in which her
husband would be stolen away from her, leaving her to raise a strange
child who was sadly born into blindness. But her blindness gave her a
powerful ability kind of like a radar sense of viewing things. Any sound
of physical movement/ vibrations gave her a sort of digital outlay
of things, allowing her to see without her eyes in a way. This gave her increased reflexes,
heightened awareness, and a surprising boost in speed.

Class :
Class was poor as she was considered
useless in the working class because very few knew
of her abilities.
Currently a servant/slave.

Power:
Power is a sort of radar sense, increased speed and reflexes, heightened
awareness and other senses due to loss of sight.
Downside to this power is that she is easily put under fatigue
and her speed is only in short bursts.

Power Strength :

Other Information:
N/A​

• Love
Reactions: Willow_
@Shadows your images are not working.

I don't know whether I'll join, but those character sheets looked so chartable!

Player Character Full Name Class Age Gender Orientation J-G Scale Ability Slave/Owner
Dip Newkirk Newkirk & Solomon Slave 18 Male Bisexual (Demiromantic) 46 Brawling  
Shadows Chirsti Chirsti Bristle Slave 21 Female Heterosexual 49 Radar  
The Writing Owl Kari Kari Slave 18 Female Heterosexual 56 Emotions  
Pega6 Lucifer Lucifer Slave 18 Male Homosexual 62 Electricity  
ShiroKiyoshi Nine   Slave 23 Male Heterosexual 63 Healing  
Clear Hamish Hamish John Holmes Slave 16 Male   69 Creation  
RainDash Elise Elise Strong Slave 18 Female Asexual (Heteromantic) 90 Strength  
Eon Aaron Aaron Herald Slave 35 Male Bisexual 90 Shapeshifting  
ShiroKiyoshi Tulip Tulip Wealthy 17 Female Heterosexual      
Clear Charlie Charlie W. Finch Wealthy 23 Male        
RainDash Jess Jessalyn Rosencrantz Wealthy 25 Female Pansexual (Biromantic      
Shadows Samantha Samantha Thyman Westworhty Wealthy 26 Female Heterosexual      
Pega6 Jack Jack Wealthy 26 Male Heterosexual      
The Writing Owl Eileen Eileen Princeton Wealthy 28 Female Bisexual      
Dip Reagan Reagan Renate Reese Wealthy 20 Male Homosexual (Intersex) 12 Levitation  

@AAB Ooo nice, soo you think we have enough characters?

Last edited:
@AAB Tulip x Nine is a pairing.

• Thank You
I know Elise and Jess aren't a pairing.

I think people shouldnt pair there own characters together :D (your character with your own character)

I think people shouldnt pair there own characters together :D (your character with your own character)

Lol I tried doing that once. Most boring pair up I have ever done. It was fun at first but I'm all about inter character mingling. Long story short, never doing that again.

I had a feeling that wouldn't happen anyway, because I just realized that Jess is the only one of the two that has eyes for the ladies. And even then, Elise isn't big into romance seeing how she could probably break someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.