Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
(¯`*•.¸,¤°´✿.。.:* Hello Iwaku! *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*´¯)

Peregrine here! I'm in the middle of a transitional phase in my life right now (I'm not anymore I just love this too much to let this interest check die), and I'm hoping to find a few writers to help me fill a craving for a particular (potentially niche?) trope that helps get me motivated and excited to tackle new challenges. If you read the title of this thread, you can probably guess what comes next.

That's right.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ The Power Fantasy █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

tenor.gif

(Gif probably unrelated. But doesn't it look cool?)

How should all that colorful light be interpreted?
Well, it means I'm looking to play a character that has the physical or magical power to curb stomp anyone or anything that opposes them.
╰☆☆ Bonus points ☆☆╮ if everyone else pisses their pants at the mention of their name.

... Before you stop reading:
A lot of roleplayers I've met have a (frankly understandable) aversion to their partners playing a character over a certain universal power level. I get it. If it's done poorly (which is always a possibility) conflict within the story dies as tragically as a flopping fish, and the whole story falls apart. And I can't guarantee that won't happen with our story. What I can say is I've exposed myself to a lot of media that follows this trope, I've seen both good and bad conflict, and I have confidence in my ability to create challenges that provide the possibility for both tension and drama for both our characters. It's the best reassurance I have to offer.

Other Expectations:
    None!

As long as I get to play a character that is able (and gets the opportunity) to stand alone against literal or metaphorical armies, I'm happy.
My only goal from that point is to create a story you are happy with.
Give me scenarios, characters, interactions you are craving, and I'll roll with it.
Want this to be a gag story? I got you, bro.
Want blood, gore, and violence? I'll fetch the battlefields.
Want sweet, candy romance? Happy to oblige!
Want my character to be a background force that spends their whole time making yours look awesome? Sounds like a blast!
(note: This doesn't change my general rule of no smut or fandoms. Sorry.)
       I'm also not a fan of PM based roleplays... :(

No Inspiration But This Sounds Fun? Here's Some Plot Fodder
(Wow there's way too many of these...)

• -·=»‡«=·- CRAVING -·=»‡«=·-

A loyal knight sacrifices their life to protect their king, only to meet their god in a shadowy realm between life and death. Pleased by their loyalty and devotion, the god tasks the knight with an important quest in the mortal world. Blessed by the god, the knight resurrect from the fatal blow, only to be branded a necromancer due to their rebirth.

Hunted across the country, the knight has to gather together the special people chosen by god to complete their quest, becoming the enemies of the rest of the world in the process.

Potential twist: As the quest draws closer and closer to completion, the members of the party begin to question why the god has tasked them with this duty, and what result it'll have on the world if they finish.

• In the future, a pill is developed that allows people to restore to the peak of their health and youth, and maintain that state so long as the pill is in their system. Unfortunately, 24 hours after taking the pill, everyone who takes it always dies. Due to this restriction, the pill has become something only the old or terminally ill are willing to use, to briefly relive the glory days of their youth before fading from the world.

The old patriarch of a failing criminal power takes the pill on the day of a critical fight, in hopes of maintaining his family. However, 24 hours after taking the pill, he becomes the first person to live past the "deadly hour", and becomes a true immortal.

• Put into hellish training in a virtual space where time flows unnaturally slow, a young soldier with overwhelming abilities is tasked with gathering and training a group of elite warriors to put an end to the war once and for all.

• Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, a portal to the demon realm rips open, sending demons flooding across the world. As the untied armies of the world begin to fall, they are granted an unexpected blessing when a few teenagers around the world suddenly begin to show staggering magical power. These people are able to drive the demons back, and peace is mostly restored to the world.

However, the world's best experts are unable to find a way to seal the portal, or prevent the demons from coming through. In order to maintain the world's peace, all children are tested on their 15th birthday for powers, and any who are found to possess it are conscripted to the front lines, to put their lives on the line to fight for the safety of the world, until they lose their powers again at the age of 18. (Age range flexible)

There is one known exception to the rule that no one over the age of 18 retains their powers. This world-weary woman ends up responsible for wrangling these gifted teenagers into something resembling a fighting force, while coping with the fallout from their absurdly powerful gifts.

• A police officer accidentally frees an ancient psychic buried under the police station generations ago. The officer has to decide what risks to take with this potentially dangerous new "partner".

• An ordinary high school/college student unexpectedly found they possessed the power to change the world. They believed it their responsibility to do so, and began to remotely perform impossible acts, changing small portions of the world for the better. People all across the world witnessed these acts, and began to worship the unknown person performing them as a god.

However, as time passed, as is the case with many stories of people trying to do good, what this formerly ordinary person had to do began to get more and more morally questionable. Eventually, it led law enforcement directly to their door.

With their face now plastered across every surface, the person goes on the run, only to unexpectedly find themselves taken in, sheltered, protected, by the people who had begun to worship them. And those same people give this person the opportunity to continue their work, against any an all opposition, no matter the consequences.

• Have some broad categories for inspiration because wow too many tabs:

-·=»‡«=·- CRAVING -·=»‡«=·-
    Bloodthirst/pressure/people being intimidated by a person's "aura"
    Immortality
    Scary Reputations
    Executioners

Other Cool Things:
    Reincarnation
    Soldiers
    Genetic manipulation / science experiments
    Magic high school / college
    Gods, Demons, and Monsters
    Game-like systems in real life
    Time loops / memories of the future
    Psychic powers
    Ancient magic resurfacing
    Loyal Servants
    Possession

Last edited:
I'm a let-down as a partner, your partner-search made me laugh and you hit me straight into a super power craving because I'm an utter weeb that went on a binge-watch of anime.

I mean, hi. Let's talk weeb to each other if you're interested.

Reactions: Peregrine
285138E0F65CBC0C03F5FF98652CA9107DF5D8EE

I made the mistake (???) of starting the Irregular at Magic High School again. I really need to read the novels... Someday. Someday.

Either way, I"m now even more desperate for new partners! Someone come save me from myself and help me write beautiful, beautiful badassery~~

I'm intrigued by your interest check...but my only issue is that I too like to play extremely OP AF characters, so I dunno how that might flow...

• Love
I'm intrigued by your interest check...but my only issue is that I too like to play extremely OP AF characters, so I dunno how that might flow...

I’m sure we can figure something out! Send me a PM and we can do some plotting!

Are you still looking? If so I would be interested in either your Princess' Bodyguard or Youth of Gods plots.

Are you still looking? If so I would be interested in either your Princess' Bodyguard or Youth of Gods plots.
Definitely still looking! Send me a PM and we can chat. :)

This seems interesting! The manga classic trope caught my eye, any chance we can mix it with My Hero Academia universe? (in case you're not familiar with it, it's basically a universe where everyone has some sort of super power and there are professional heroes to keep the peace. In that verse the most important hero of legend is All Might but that can totally be your character instead).

Incidentally, I'm in the process of crating my first OC and currently he's just very ordinary and not really powerful so he'd be a good counter to your all powerful character. The catch is I tend to prefer MxM shipping. I'm definitely OK with action scenes and I'm a sucker for romance.

If that sounded interesting feel free to PM me so I can tell you more about my character!

• Ah Seen It
This seems interesting! The manga classic trope caught my eye, any chance we can mix it with My Hero Academia universe? (in case you're not familiar with it, it's basically a universe where everyone has some sort of super power and there are professional heroes to keep the peace. In that verse the most important hero of legend is All Might but that can totally be your character instead).

Incidentally, I'm in the process of crating my first OC and currently he's just very ordinary and not really powerful so he'd be a good counter to your all powerful character. The catch is I tend to prefer MxM shipping. I'm definitely OK with action scenes and I'm a sucker for romance.

If that sounded interesting feel free to PM me so I can tell you more about my character!
Sure thing! PM coming your way.

Hi there! Are you still looking? I absolutely love soldier/mythological/gods and monsters RPs and you’ve inspired me to dust off a character I haven’t written in a little while :)

Hi there! Are you still looking? I absolutely love soldier/mythological/gods and monsters RPs and you’ve inspired me to dust off a character I haven’t written in a little while :)

Still looking! Go ahead and shoot a PM my way, I'll be happy to see your character.

h5265C6B5

Gonna give this another nudge! The initial tide is over; I've picked up a few new stories and lost a few that didn't quite click. If anyone else is interested in playing out some power fantasies, head over this way!

I’m intrestead in both the Pact and Hunter. I’ve also created some of my own lore based on a group I call the Hunters that would fit with him.

I’m intrestead in both the Pact and Hunter. I’ve also created some of my own lore based on a group I call the Hunters that would fit with him.

Sure, send a PM my way with your thoughts on plot and we’ll see what we can work out. :)

oOooOOoooOooo
has anyone snagged Spirit King or The Hunter? o:

oOooOOoooOooo
has anyone snagged Spirit King or The Hunter? o:
Nope! Both are still up for the taking~ Seeeend me a message!

Hey, hey!

I'd definitely be interested in exploring this in a more fantasy setting (love me that JRR Tolkein, GoT type o' shit) but without obvious anime mechanics. I love me some good OP animes (I've watched One Punch Man like four times lol), but I'm not quite as fond of RPing out the same feel. I like a more serious setting, so if you're up for that....*hopeful eyes*

You've got some interesting plot candies, but I also feel like we could maybe come up with something new! Either way is totally good with me! :D

Hey, hey!

I'd definitely be interested in exploring this in a more fantasy setting (love me that JRR Tolkein, GoT type o' shit) but without obvious anime mechanics. I love me some good OP animes (I've watched One Punch Man like four times lol), but I'm not quite as fond of RPing out the same feel. I like a more serious setting, so if you're up for that....*hopeful eyes*

You've got some interesting plot candies, but I also feel like we could maybe come up with something new! Either way is totally good with me! :D

I'm definitely down for something a bit more serious in tone. Suspense and drama and tension, all to build up to a grand, climactic moment. ^_^ Send me a PM with your thoughts and cravings, and we'll whip something up!

With the holidays on their way and time off work, I'd be more than happy to pick up a few more partners! Anyone still interested?

I am interested! What is still available? :)