Power Bar

Curt shook his head. The heroes had been disappearing for a while now. And he was only just now learning about it? And Red Guard - why hadn't she said anything about this to him? He may not have been a superhero, but he was a powerful warrior, same as her. He could've helped. Did she figure out what was coming for them, and wanted him out of it, safe? She knew he could take care of himself, though.

"Why didn't the other heroes notice?" he asked out loud. "If anyone should have realized the heroes were disappearing, it should have been the heroes."

He looked at Clara, and then at the others, wondering if they were thinking the same thing he was. "Do you think the most recent disappearances knew? That they figured it out and started looking for the other ones? Il - I mean, Red Guard - would've gone looking. She even thought some of your heroes were in need of protecting. She would've tried to rescue them."

What he did not voice, however, were his concerns about other enemies. Not supervillians, but perhaps beings from one of the other verses. A lot of planning had been made to wipe out his people. Maybe someone wanted to make sure. Unfortunately, that theory only explained Red Guard, not the others.

Gabe raised a brow to the sound of Mason's voice. Truth be told it wouldn't be entirely unfitting to have taken the words on a sour note. The would be half hero's words were certainly slanted well enough to a rude enough angle to warrant the response. All the same, Cross seemed predominantly unphased by the mention. Orion had heard of Doc Shock briefly in passing, but there was no sense of familiarity to match the man to the voice. Unlike some of the patrons within the bar, Orion was out of his element here among these walls. He wasn't exactly a bar fly, hell he didn't even drink. His concept of personal time involved his morning run and the points of the day set aside to fletch his arrows. Considering this, it wasn't terribly out of the question that Mason's wordplay was lost on the Archer. "HIPPA regulations limit use of animal ID chips in humans last I checked." A statement of the oblivious made matter of fact with a deadpan expression.

Listening to the chime of the other conversations in the area seemed to spur on a reoccurring theme. Passing gestures of conversation, recycled to a tune that everyone seemed to all too familiar. From the sound of it, everyone had lost someone in the not too distant past. Dwelling on facts without a mind to fix the problem solved nothing. Lines of conversation doomed to travel in circles. Gabe didn't say any of this out loud of course, but the thought was predominant.

"Not to interrupt," The archer called out loud enough for the room to hear, "But we're wasting time. The likelyhood of locating a missing person in cases like this decreases greatly after the first week and from the sound of it, we're all behind the curve. We won't get this opportunity to gather often and we should spend it more productively than with bar singles chit chat. Considering applications of "What if" and "Why" won't help us here either."

An abrasive way to start conversation to say the least. Gabe's realist's presence was anything but good with people. "Someone mentioned carrying out independent investigations. We should start individually by listing what we've gone over, where that was and if anything was turned up in the process. We should also create a listing of when the last point the missing person in question was seen and what they were doing when that happened."

Curt sighed. "Sadly, I have nothing helpful to report then. I only learned of Red Guard's disappearance recently, and while she talked a lot about her job when she spoke, we have not spoken often lately. I fear we were growing...distant."

Clara looked to the archer in the corner as he spoke. He had a very good point. Just going around asking about when and where wasn't really going to help them out unless their was a connection involved. What they needed to do was talk about details, let out all the information they got and try to find a link in some way. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a pen and a small spiral notebook, looking at him for a moment before she started to speak smoothly.

"Blazing Hot was last seen dealing with a burglary in the central part of the city. He had taken the criminals to the city jail before heading off as he always did. From there, he went strangely inactive. I've taken to searching him for the past time, checking his usual spots, police stations, and even his scout runs. There was no evidence to be found there, not even at the last police station he was at. I checked everything, even the streets. I also took a look at his private residence but everything was in place, no struggle was visible." She said simply as she flipped through her personal notes.

She hadn't found a single thing, only knowing that Blazing hot had just mysteriously gone silent, and considering the mans usualy loud and proud attitude, he was not the type to just whimper out into the dark. She pocketed the notebook before looking at him and speaking again. "What about you?"

Oobleck had been biding her time in the subterranean world under Ouranopolist, waiting for the moment to strike. Now with the Powers of the city decimated in number she would return to the surface and all would quake in fear!

Irene came back into the back pool room, drinks in hand. "Here," she said in a flat tone as she handed the woman her drink. She then lifted an eye brow at Mason as she handed him his drink. The room was on edge but no one had killed another, yet. They even hadn't molested a known criminal. It was almost a miracle.

"Look," she said, really not sure where to go with these people. "I think we shou--" there was a loud boom and then the lights flickered before the back up generators hummed into action. "Shit," she started for the door. That wasn't an attack at the bar, but Irene doubted it wouldn't effect them.

(Part Two of GM post coming after work!)

Outside on the rain drenched street was something akin to a giant slug. This was not however some mindless radioactive alien mutant monster, but the criminal Oobleck who's morphing body made her difficult to capture.

The road at one end was being blocked. Parked cars that had been on the side of the street were being made into a barrier as the villain oozed onto one, then spit it out in the direction she wanted it. On the other side powerlines were down, hence the booming sound and the failure of electricity. It seemed that Oobleck did not want anyone driving onto the block to disrupt her plan, whatever they were. The powerlines sizzled and danced at the end of the street keeping any onlookers at bay.

There were a few different places the bloblike woman could have been targeting. The jewelry store, the small newspaper, the PI's office, the bank, or even the apartments above the commercial buildings.

If her target was The Bellowing Bugle Bar and Grill she made a grave mistake giving the patrons any warning there was a problem.

Irene was soon out the door and a bit dismayed at what she saw in the rain. Retirement or not there was no way she could just ignore trouble right here at her door step. She pulled out her wand from behind her back. "It's show time!"

La's gaze followed the woman as she headed out the door, looking out from one of the windows, he saw something he almost couldn't comprehend: an amorphous blob reeking havoc on the street outside. Cars were being rearranged and power lines hissed and sparked in the rainy street. The rain he considered a much greater danger than the power lines. It would be cold, and his sweatshirt could only keep him warm for so long.

He pulled the handle of his sword out from his pocket and flicked his wrist. In an instant, his Kinetic Sword drew itself out of the holster. He pulled his hood over his head and stormed out after Irene. A stray power line flicked in his direction and started burning at his pant leg. La calmly reached down and patted it out. His leg was out, but his hand had caught fire, though he acted like it was nothing and extinguished it with a closing of his fist. The people of this world - so easily injured by heat or even wavelengths of light. Then again, they likely considered being frightened of cold rain equally laughable.

"I am supposing you know what this creature is," La said to Irene. "Before it gets too cold, tell me how we may kill it."

Admittedly, the fresh hero had jumped when the explosion happened. Don wasn't ready for it. If he was asked about it, it would probably just be an excuse to start a jig to play it off. Seeing that none of the bar patrons made note of him, he walked over to his coat. Seeing that the victor of pool had already started a new game, a nod was given and a quick exit was taken. Two heroes had already made their way out into the rain, and the amount of destruction wasn't as bad as it could have been. A team of smart individuals probably take down a blobesque creature as well.

"Excuse me. I believe I should be going now. Good luck!" He said, rushing off down the street.

When they were out of sight, turned into an alleyway and quickly got under a ledge to keep from getting wet. Don looked both up and down to make sure no one was watching him. Coast was clear. Those pesky, bland over clothes were stored in an empty trashcan, for safe keeping. The coat pockets were emptied of a few important things. They were technological assistants that went over his eyes, wrists, knees, and feet. Things that were slipped on his body to help with power output. Things that helped Don become who he really was inside.

Charger slipped out of the alleyway and trucked down the street, ready for a battle.