Power and Charm {Witch/Magical Girl Planning Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.
that makes sense~ Hmm.... I like it~ @Marionette

So would we leave out the factor that the witches get the jewel as well normally so that they can get their familiar and become a "trainee witch"?

@EternalMusic I'm not sure it would be necessary for all witches to be taught by other witches. The might teach themselves from spell books they've found, for example. Or, rather than going to an academy, they might become an apprentice to a single witch, or be initiated into a small coven. They also might not all have familiars. I'm trying to leave some wiggle room for as many types of characters as possible. I like variation. xD

But this is negotiable, so if people would rather have it always work in one way, I'm happy to do that too. :D

Either way though, it's totally possible that there is an academy that gives familiars to young witches in the form of a gem. Maybe these are passed down from witch to witch, or maybe they're normally made in small batches. The witch who wants to bring magic to Earth could have tried to make an enormous crystal, big enough for everyone on the planet, or fuse tons of crystals together. But then it somehow shattered, and the fragments turned normal humans magical and possibly created their mascots.

Ooh. The plot seed I put in the first post about someone important going missing in the witch world... maybe that's the witch who tried to take magic to Earth. Maybe no one knows what she was doing, and she's totally disappeared, in the eyes of the witches.

How is this all sounding so far? I think we're progressing well and could make the actual game pretty soon if everyone is happy with these ideas. :3

I love that idea~ Of course that is just my opinion but I really really like that idea~!

Looks like this thread has slowed down. That's alright. It's been a while, there's a lot to read now, plus I think it might be finals week or approaching it for many of you who haven't escaped the prison of school. :P

At any rate, I'm going to try to synthesize what's here into RP/OOC threads. You all can still post here in the meantime if you have further suggestions. My material for said threads can always be edited.

I'm still here! Finals weeks is all, been really busy.

@Lucius Cypher Yeah, I figure that's the case for a lot of folks. xD No problem at all!

This was never intended to be an RP that required constant activity, anyway. Sometimes I just worry I take too long to plan, haha.

Likewise, still waiting and hoping.

Hey I'm just tracking this, seeing if I like the direction it's going in... :D

Oh, good! I wasn't too worried, but I'm still sorry for the wait. Orz I too am still here.

Sorry for the double post, but this is sort of an announcement. P:

Here is the basic skeleton if you'd like to preview it. I might tweak it some (suggestions welcome), but everything on it will be on the final version. I am hoping to have the real threads ready within two or three days.

Also, magical girls (magical fighters here, though I might come up with something better) may NPC their mascots, and witches their familiars. I included the option in case anyone wanted to flesh them out more or only play a familiar or mascot. I think that NPCing will work best when the mascot/familiar is a simpler character who doesn't impact the story too much. If you want your mascot/familiar to have a bigger role, either be prepared to talk to yourself a lot or let someone else play it. :P Also note that familiars and mascots are not required.

Name: [Your everyday name.]

Alias: [A magical name is required for magical fighters. Optional for all others; use only if you have a nickname or title.]

Type: [Witch, magical fighter, familiar, mascot.]

Physical Description: [The character's appearance. Pictures are acceptable, but please source borrowed art and be sure you're allowed to use it.]

Abilities: [If magical fighter, choose one to two power themes and note any special attacks. If witch, note any specialties and strengths and your witch's general experience level. If familiar, note any special abilities. If mascot, you have little power, but you may have some minor abilities.]

Bio: [Optional.]

Other Info: [Anything else you'd like to add. Optional.]

I kind of want to play someone else's familiar. I want to play a witch too, but I think it would be more fun if I could do that.

I kind of want to play someone else's familiar. I want to play a witch too, but I think it would be more fun if I could do that.

I allow multiple characters generally. You'll have to work playing a familiar out with another witch player of course, but no reason you can't do both.

Aaaaaaaah yeah, now that I'm done with finals, I'll be working on my Familiars! I may have a Magical Warrior up too, depending on how quickly I finish up this Familiar.

Name: Karnage Urabrask Vorinclex

Alias: Tyrael Marchosias

Type: Familiar

Age: A little over 300? He's been in this world for at least ten, but he's far older than that.

Physical Description:
hLU1SNJ.jpg

Abilities: Karnage is a master of a brand of magic known as Demonomancy, the magic of demons. This allows him a wide variety of powers linked to demons, and a few new ones that may be available to him now in this world. A current list and description of the abilities of Demonomancy. Karnage is also capable of minor shapeshifting, though only to the extent that he can transform his arms into different types of limbs, specifically the following: Titan's Strength (Gives him a large boost to his physical strength), Rending Claws (Turns his fingers to razor sharp blades), Hurtful Lasher (Turns his arms into a extendable, flexible claw), and Karn's Edge (Turns his arm into a giant blade that can also double as a shield). He has a wide variety of knowledge in other magics as well, but his spellcraft is limited to Demonomancy only. He does have a practical knowledge of runes for the purpose of temporary enchantment however.

Bio: The being known as Karnage is not a native to this world. He comes from a realm that is perhaps a parallel, or an alternative universe to it. How or why he is here he keeps to a secret to himself, but even those who know would only get one simple answer: "Because I wanted to." That simple statement was the only thing he had to say to justify anything he did in this world, from great acts of kindness to villainy that would be covered in the storybooks. Even now he has chosen to employ himself as a familiar for not much other reason than whimsy, seeking a worthy master for his strength and power.

Other Info: Karnage never goes by his real name, saying that it holds a sort of power that could be used against him. Thus he refers himself as "Tyrael Marchosias" to strangers, to the point that he even has a hard time remembering his own name. He carries a few possessions with him, and does that because he could simply use his magic to summon his belongings to him, or get a demon to find it and bring it back to him at a moment's notice. The only thing he keeps consistently on his person is a leather backpack containing traveling supplies and his journal, where nothing inside is written and yet he can somehow read it's contents. Likes mushrooms.

@Wolfsbane706 Not yet, but there will be soon (I'm hoping tomorrow). I wanted to give you all a preview of the sheet since it was already done, though. Anyone can get a head start if they want, though more info will be available when the thread is up.

@Lucius Cypher Looking good so far. Not officially open yet, and I have to finish reading through the demonomancy doc, but it should work. He'll be a rather strong familiar, but that's fine. I imagine most familiar PCs will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.