POTW: To Lose a Sense

Which ability would you give up if you had to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking, easy. I like to growl/sing a lot, but it's a sacrifice I'd make to keep my other senses. Although... is talking a sense? Meh, it was a option so I took it. ;)

Sight - This world and the people in it are too beautiful to not admire.
Taste - I love food just a lil' too much not to ever taste any ever again.
Smell - Without smell, there's not taste... so yeah.
Hearing - I love music as much as I love food. I'd rather not taste than not be able to hear ever again though.
Touch - Intimacy is a wonderful thing. Being able to share a comforting hug, a congratulatory pat on the back or a passionate kiss are all too important to my survival to say good-bye to.

Reactions: Lady Sabine
I picked touch, but looking back on it, that was probably a bad idea.
At first, I thought "Well, touch is the sense that lets you feel pain, so it'd be kind of cool if I got rid of it! I mean, it would have some drawbacks, but it's better than losing the others." The more I think about it, though, losing the sense of touch would probably end poorly. I'm guessing that my coordination would go downhill fast, and I'd probably end up getting half of my hand slammed off in the car door or something dumb like that without noticing. But gosh, giving up the others would be tough as well. Especially taste, that'd be really unpleasant. :c

"Stares intently on everyone present"
"Opens mouth, let's out sound-less scream"
"Disappears from the line of sight of everyone in the room"
If I can't talk, you won't hear me no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.