POTW: Swimming!

Can you swim?

• Total voters
Wait... By "swim" you mean "not drown" right?
I used to be good at swimming, then I sucked for a while, and then randomly started to get better at it again. I hate pools though. Lakes are my favorite, but not many I know like lakes. Apparently they're gross or something... Pools are gross too! And and... So many people...

Why yes, I can swim and I really like swimming, as it is pretty much the only sport that I take at least some pleasure in. Unfortunately, I do not really practice it, so it has been a while I have swum even though it would do me some good if I did. I am going to try and change this habit, but changes in my daily routine do not come very easily to me, so it will be hard work. I will try my best though!

Oh also, for me, it does not really matter when I swim, but it is quite nice to take a dip in a cold pool during summer. However, I will not hesitate going swimming in winter, as it is basically the same memory, only a bit colder, not to mention that the swimming pools I go to tend to be heated or at least not open-air.

Swim? You want to know if I can swim?
I am a scuba diver. I live on a miniscule little landmass in the middle of the ocean, and we flood every other day. In the summer, no less.
Swimming is practically a legal requirement here.

I can swim, pretty well too. I took swimming lessons every summer for a good while but then I got into boy scouts and the real fun began. glacier fed lakes anyone? 200 50 yard laps all for the sake of a merite badge? getting a snorkeling certification in 52-48 degree water depending on the time of day? it's all fun and games till someone gets hypothermia. which I didn't, so it was pretty fun.