POTW: Power Song

Do you have a power song or personal anthem?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Last week I was working on a personal playlist of what I like to call "power songs". And I don't mean those awesome songs that have powerful vocals guitar, but rather the kind of songs that inspire you, invigorate you, make you feel good and pick you up when you're feeling awful.

I'm talking about ANTHEMS! Just like Rocky's Eye of the Tiger, a personal anthem is a song that gives you the will to carry on, to live, to fight, to conquer, to survive.

Do YOU have a power song? What is your current anthem?

And if you can't pick just one, Dawn's Theme Songs of Life topic is pretty damn awesome!

Myyyyyy current power song is Sia's Titanium. I've pretty much been playing it nonstop since the moment I first heard it. >>

Dodo do do do do do do dodododooooo... It reminds me not to wear a facade just because it's easier than being myself. (And, you know, RAWK N ROOOLLLL!!)

This song by Sick Puppies is my current 'anthem', I suppose. It has been for a while. I chose it because I'm trying to make a lot of changes in my life for a better life, and I'm trying to prove to my family that I can do it. Even though I'm the eldest of the children, I'm treated like a baby. My mom's fought me a lot to try and get me to move back home 'cause she says "You need your mommy" all the time. e__e; She and her husband [who kisses her feet too much] don't understand my side of the argument at all. Gyah.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oFhRowkNrTM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I AM IMMORTAL, I HAVE INSIDE ME BLOOD OF KINGS!

I'm just gonna leave this here...

I can't get a video but mine is " You only live once. " By suicide silence.

I HAVE NO RIVAL!

NO MAN CAN BE MY EQUAL!

"Land Down Under" is inspiring to me for a strange reason. In pokecapn's marathon LP of the disastrous Sonic 2006, in the last level where horrible controls and abominably bad story have sapped their will to even commentate, Kung Fu Jesus starts doing spoken- word versions of songs to fill airtime. While he's finishing up "Land Down Under" they finally beat the level, and after the shock wears off the whole crews busts out into the chorus and its awesome.

So yeah. I'm not worried. You know why? BECAUSE I COME FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER! WHERE THE WOMEN GLOW AND THE MEN PLUNDER! CAN'T YOU HEAR CAN'T YOU HEAR THE THUNDER?

YOU BETTER RUN, YOU BETTER TAKE COVER!

It’s a sword! It’s the lord! Fucking cool! Oh my god! Me gusta! These potatoes are..GOOOOOOOD! Plus that time when you’re single, My god! Holy clothes! Dovahkiin! Dovahkiin! Not a single sardine! Oh, that guy! He ate poop! Then cursed the sky!​

everybody knows the words to this one, so sing with me!

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

Frank Sinatra - My Way

The Pokemon theme song.

Most people could probably write out their life, in song. I draw a lot of my inspiration from music. So I shall just post a few that came to mine. (Besides my main two, Eye of the Tiger and We will rock you.) =3

"The Adventure" by Angels & Airwaves describes my struggle with depression and my friends being there to help me back to my feet.

"Nobody" by Girugamesh describes how I'm basically at a crossroads in my life and a bit too scared of failure to make a decision on a whim when everyone else seems so sure of where they're going.

>__>; That's a little emo...

I try to draw inspiration from "Re:Dreamer" by SID (シド). I want to be able to just get up off my ass and go, to choose a path and follow it through until the end without giving up along the way. Indecision is one of my biggest faults. I want to be more decisive, even if it means being spontaneous and making the wrong choice.

I don't really think I have a power song or whatnot... Though, my toothbrush plays "We Will Rock You" by Queen when I'm brushing my teeth... Other than that, I guess I can't really say I have a power song. Though, anything by Shania Twain will get me excited and enthusiastic about everything...

My power song is totally Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi. As well as Both of Us by B.o.B and Taylor Swift (disregard Ms. Swift, she's not my favorite, her voice is pretty in this song though).