POTW: Music Inspired Characters

Have you ever designed a character based on a single song?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I thiiiiink this was suggested by mister Porg! In any case here it is. >:3

Music is a huuuge influence in just about everything, Who hasn't been inspired by a song at some point or another? I know I have whole playlists dedicated to plots, scenes, settings, and even characters. This particular poll is about a song, inspiration, and a character!

Have you ever designed a character based on a single song?

Tell us about them!

Characters, no; I find that since songs usually give you a brief story about ONE part of a person's life, or ONE of their many feelings or conflicts, it's hard to base a well-rounded character completely on a song. But countless fanfiction and AMVs have been inspired by songs, and RP plots too!

Characters, plot arcs & entire games have been inspired by songs.

Aspects of a character's personality? Yes. Whole characters? Not that I can clearly remember, but I think it's happened maybe once or twice. Relationships between characters on the other hand... almost all the time

Reactions: Minibit
Songs can be a huge launch point for me in creating anything, a drawing, poem, or character. In the case of a character a song creates their inner personality, and I build up around that.

Esthalia was based off the song "Drink you sober" by Bitter:sweet :)

Music doesn't inspire character creation for me. People do. I design characters on people I know, people I dream about, and people I imagine, and people I read about.

I do use music to help me explain a character sometimes. I also use it as a theme for relationships my characters have with others. :3

Probably have at some point... Can't remember when or which character/s it/they was/were... Yep.

Music doesn't inspire characters for me, however after I create a character I might find songs that fit them or aspects of their personality.

Yes!!! lol, all the time!
Revenge by Taylor Swift:
Valin Zane, she's your stereotypical cheerleader with an attitude. She's a real b**** and she will kill a puppy if it stands in her way.

that's one of the 15, lol

Hell yes. I've even been inspired to make full plots based on a song. Music is my life force.

Vingtar Kathaksson.
Half Orc
Viking
Paladin of Thor

to twilight of the thunder god.

I haven't but I'd like to one of these days. It I do, it'd probably be based on MCR's "Teenagers".

Reactions: Lady Sabine
O' Yiss. Oddly enough, some of my music oriented characters were not inspired by music at all.

One character that was created from a song was Marcus Davenport, a charismatic ex-con that often made sports references.

The song that inspired him was....