POTW: Do you talk to yourself when you're alone?

Do you talk out loud to yourself when nobody's around?

• Yup.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Yes, AND I do it WHEN people are around!

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • I'm never alone. My imaginary friend is right over there, see?

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I never talk. Talking sucks.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What person better to have a conversation with than yourself? Have a question? Chances are you have the answer. Just a matter of asking yourself the right questions.

Reactions: Fluffy
Answer Percentages:

50.9%
10.5%
56.1%
7.0%
1.8%

= 126.3%

This makes no sense!

I talk and argue with myself at all times of the day. o__o I'm okay with this.

its because people can do multiple votes?
There's no reason to multi-vote though. :/

None of those answers match up with others.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lysander
There's no reason to multi-vote though. :/

None of those answers match up with others.

Considering the heavy amount of shit posting you do, this seems more than a little ironic that that's your complaint.

That my friend is what we call a shot across the bow.

Considering the heavy amount of shit posting you do, this seems more than a little ironic that that's your complaint.
I'm an active member of the community. :P
If activity = shit posting then wouldn't this all be nothing but a shit spewing site?

When I'm reading something factual, I'll converse with myself about it out loud. I don't know if it's habit, or if it helps me understand-- I just do it.

I'm an active member of the community. :P
If activity = shit posting then wouldn't this all be nothing but a shit spewing site?
Shitposts contribute nothing, which summarizes most of general discussion. I don't think I've seen you make a not-shitpost thread here, so Butterfly's statement is completely valid. I even poked fun at you for vomiting up a rapid stream of shitpost threads once.

When everyone else knows you as a shitposter, maybe everyone else isn't a shitposter... :ferret:

Shitposts contribute nothing, which summarizes most of general discussion. I don't think I've seen you make a not-shitpost thread here, so Butterfly's statement is completely valid. I even poked fun at you for vomiting up a rapid stream of shitpost threads once.

When everyone else knows you as a shitposter, maybe everyone else isn't a shitposter... :ferret:
If one thinks a thread contributes or not though is completely subjective.
Hell I know Diana at least somewhat disagree's with your statement there since she said my "What you do when Bored" thread was benefical and useful.

So maybe, your personal bias/liking of certain threads is not a hard rule?
And one shouldn't run about calling threads they personally don't care for shit posting? :P

Especially considering I never said 'everyone else' was a shitposter like you're claiming I did.
I simply said that I myself wasn't a shit poster, a completely different kind of statement/claim.

The next person who doesn't post about talking to themselves will be turned into a volcano sacrifice. You've been warned.

But all this is just a simulation, which means we're always talking to ourselves. :P

You've been told already to not veer off the topic, which you still did anyway. That's the shit posting we're talking about. Stop doing this very thing. It's fine to respond to someone, but when it's clear you're derailing the thread, you need to stop.

And with that, I add to my previous post about talking to myself:

I do talk to myself when I fiddle with things or otherwise fix or tinker. I tend to be my own assistant and will sometimes scold myself for doing something wrong. If I get too lost in thought I will sometimes forget I am talking to myself and speak louder and louder until others wonder who I'm really talking to.

You've been told already to not veer off the topic, which you still did anyway. That's the shit posting we're talking about. Stop doing this very thing. It's fine to respond to someone, but when it's clear you're derailing the thread, you need to stop.
It was a joke, about talking to yourself, the entire focus of the thread. :P

Question @Fluffy does only talking out loud to ourselves count?
Or does thinking to ourselves but in the form of a self conversation also count?

Question @Fluffy does only talking out loud to ourselves count?
Or does thinking to ourselves but in the form of a self conversation also count?

Having a conversation with yourself in your own mind? Is that what you're asking? I actually didn't think about that. I was more talking about speaking out loud. However, I can see how conversing with yourself silently might count for something. It's like having a private conversation that no one can eavesdrop on, I imagine. o:

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Yes, sometimes.

I also talk to myself in public places sometimes. I just put my phone to my ear and act like I'm using it.

Having a conversation with yourself in your own mind? Is that what you're asking?
Yes that's what I mean. :P
I actually didn't think about that. I was more talking about speaking out loud. However, I can see how conversing with yourself silently might count for something. It's like having a private conversation that no one can eavesdrop on, I imagine. o:
It honestly doesn't seem any different assuming if when some talks out loud there's no one around to hear anyways.

But if it counts, then I've done that a good amount of the time too when thinking about things.

I used to not talk for weeks on end.

Now? Just try and stop me from opening my mouth. I dare ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.