Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Today I am playing nothing but 80s music in honor of the Charp! So why not make a poll about it? 8D

What is your favorite decade for music?

I am a huuuuuuge fan of 80s music! But I love the music that came out in the 00s too. What about yooooou?

Dun forget to give us a few song examples of why that decade is your favorite!

I put 80s cause that's the decade my favorite band was at it's height, but really I think every generation has something new and awesome to bring to the table.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
90'S and 00'S ALL THE WAY! >:D Are you kidding me? SClub7, Nsync...all those wonderful bands no one remembers anymore <3 ^^ Also, 2010's are pretty decent too ^^

EVERYTHING... Music is kind of my thing, hah >_<. Although I am not a huge fan of those decades from 1900 to 1920. I'll still listen to the music though, begrudgingly. Reasons for my choice... er, choices? My answer is... Cause. Also, just because I love music.

way to go old school Gigi and Cammy; I mainly listen to rock so my era or music goes from 60's-present from the Beatles to lynyrd skynyrd and led zeppelin to shinedown to All That Remains and it just goes on from there.

It's really hard to decide because on one hand you have swing and jazz and then on the other you have pop punk and then on your foot you have a lot of modern stuff like electronica, and my all time favorite, modern shoegaze. I'm not much into older sounds, because today's sounds are just so off the walls, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

So I have to pick 2010's here, all things considered. The decade swept in with some amazing and experimental electronica, like Muse's album, The 2nd Law, Daft Punk's Random Access Memories (which had more of an electrofunk tune to it, although DP has always been known for experimentation), deadmau5, and the Danish vocalist, Kirstine Stubbe Teglbjaerg (known most popularly for her time with Blue Foundation - the song "Eyes on Fire" was in the Twilight soundtrack, though I never watched the movie, and honestly never plan to)

Sure, there was less shit in earlier decades - even 90's pop was better than today's - but I think if we focus on the good, you can't beat our time.

1665 - 1975 If I had to put a finger on it. While the big band era was pretty incredible, this period saw the height of the beatles, the rise of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and was the point where Rock n Roll really hit it's high point.

THe 80s, while amazing, took that bandwagon and tried to burn it out through over the top effects, cross dressing, Pyrotechnics, awesome but overly technical solo riffs and pretty much anything possible to induce shock value in a period where crime rate sat at an all time high from 1979 in the United States.

Which leans into a really interesting conversation about Roe Vs Wade and if that effected the decline of crime in the nation.

From the 60's to the 90's, The Beatles to Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park to Metallica, even Queen and Radiohead. Rock on!

I do listen to a little bit of everything. I try to stay eclectic, but the most commonly listened to for me is between the 60's to now.