POTW: All in the Eyes

What is your eye color?

• Total voters
I adore blue eyes, but mine are green, which I think goes well with my blonde hair. They are on the light side and get brighter when I cry :P

My eyes are amber-colored brown, meaning there's more orange than brown. According to my doctor, it's because of a special pigment inside my eye gene that's similar to a pigment inside green/blue/light-colored eyes. So instead of having hazel which is brown/green, I have brown/orange, which is fun.

My characters have green or brown eyes. Sometimes blue. I don't really have a preference. I just go with the picture c:

Most people will say, "Ah your eyes are so golden brown"

And I will think, "Ah, thank goodness they're not just brown."

Considering my father's family is light-skinned, auburn-haired with light-eyes, why did I only get the fair skin? D: I would rather have green eyes!

All of this reminds of a scene in My Fair Lady, an english classical movie. They're looking for Eliza and telling the police she's a missing person. When the police asks what she looks like and the Colonel goes into a description like "Well, her hair is a bit brown, perhaps darker than mahogany, but lighter than barch...", Professor Higgins shouts, "Brown! Brown! Brown!"

So whenever people ask, "Oh what's your hair/eye color ?" I'm tempted to stomp my foot and say "BROWN BROWN BROWN." And some orange.

I have bright green eyes- I've heard them described as lime green & peridot green, though they're actually brighter than most limes. Maybe key lime green? I have a ring of honey-gold right around my pupil, and the rest is sea green. Not to sound conceited, but they're the second most beautiful eyes I've seen. My stepcousin takes first place with his sunburst eyes (a ring of gold surrounded by sky blue). No one noticed my eyes when I had brown hair, but when I dyed it red all of a sudden they really stood out. Now that my hair is blue-green-blonde my eyes appear cats eye yellow- more weird than flattering, but I'm fine with weird.
All of my characters' eye colors are important, usually representative of their personalities. My personal favorite is Marlune, a spoiled Elven heiress, with limpid lavender eyes. As the window into the soul, eyes are, in my opinion, vitally important for a character, right up there with the proper name.