POTW: About how much sleep do you get per night?

About how many hours of sleep do you get during an average night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 2 3.2%

Votes: 2 3.2%

Votes: 7 11.3%

Votes: 9 14.5%

Votes: 13 21.0%

Votes: 5 8.1%

• 11+

• I NEVER EVER SLEEEEEP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a fucked up sleeping schedule, so it varies

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see...

I seem to get about 4-6 hours, sometimes more, RARELY less.

I usually go to bed about 10 and wake up about 4. I can't seem to sleep through more than that, and if I stay in bed for longer, I just wake up every few minutes. So, instead, I just get up early and surf the web, watch TV and movies, or play some PS3.

Reactions: Fluffy
I'm an insomniac. Add that with the fact that my mind tends to work at overdrive around nighttime, and that I'm on the internet, and the result is a very fucked up sleep schedule.

Sometimes I won't get any sleep, and sometimes (very rarely) I'll get a full 8 hours or more.

I work retail, and I am a night owl witgha brain that rarely shuts off. So my schedule is usually screwed worse than a 2 dollar whore on the street corner.

I get maybe six or seven hours a night. Some days off from work, I sleep damned near ten hours straight.

That poor 2 dollar whore. What street corners is she working? Somalia?

It varies from none to well over 12 hours of sleep, it really just depends on the type of day I'm having or what the next day has in store for me. My sleep schedule has gotten so friggin' chaotic over the years, mainly due to stress, depression, mind-numbing headaches, etc. If there was a pattern to be made out of all this, it's that I get little to no sleep one night, then I oversleep the next night. I thinking people take a regular sleeping schedule for granted, because it's soo easy to get out of whack, but soo difficult to get it back to normal.

Since I've moved I usually get about five hours of sleep. I try to go to bed early, but usually don't end up falling asleep till around 11, and the alarm goes off at 4:30.

I miss the days when the alarm didn't go off till 8. @_@

I really try to aim for 8 whenever possible. 6 is my minimum. However...

Due to my bipolar disorder, I go through periods of insomnia and then sleeping excessively. So it ends up that I will go ahead and go days living off of 2-3 hours max a night and then turn around and be unable to wake up without 10-14 hours of sleep.

It doesn't help, though, that I am a restless sleeper and, regardless of how long I stay in bed to sleep, I typically find myself waking up at least every 2 hours. No reason at all, really, but it just seems to happen. So overall, not only do I receive very poor amounts of sleep part of the time, even when I can sleep, it is of very poor quality.

Being an insomniac that I am, getting a consistent sleep schedule is difficult.

I get an average 6 hours of sleep and might get anywhere from 8 to 10 hours on the weekends so I can "recharge" for the next week.

Usually three until I hit a day off.
Then I'll sleep about thirteen hours wake up and feel ready to go a couple days without needless sleep. I've got better shit to do than sleep. 'Ya feel me?

Reactions: Fluffy and Kaddoc
Usually three until I hit a day off.
Then I'll sleep about thirteen hours wake up and feel ready to go a couple days without needless sleep. I've got better shit to do than sleep. 'Ya feel me?
Sleep is for the weak!

Nah, seriously though we spend a good chunk of our lifetime sleeping. Imagine how much more shit we get done if we didn't need to sleep?

Sleep is for the weak!

Nah, seriously though we spend a good chunk of our lifetime sleeping. Imagine how much more shit we get done if we didn't need to sleep?

Holy shit, this. Anyone who's ever pulled an all-nighter for the purpose of getting work done knows exactly just how insane it is how many extra hours there are to do stuff in just one night if you skip sleep. If no one ever needed to sleep at all? I can't even imagine just how much extra time we'd all have.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
Sleep is for the weak!

And it's a fact I hate to acknowledge. I work day in and day out to get the things I desire only to have the biological need to sleep and piss it away for X amount of hours. Most of us will sleep about one-third of our entire life. I mean, shit. By the time most people are twenty they've been sleeping for something like six years!

Holy shit, this. Anyone who's ever pulled an all-nighter for the purpose of getting work done knows exactly just how insane it is how many extra hours there are to do stuff in just one night if you skip sleep. If no one ever needed to sleep at all? I can't even imagine just how much extra time we'd all have.
It might be great for society, but on an individual by individual basis, it likely wouldn't change much. The amount of hours people are expected to work would increase drastically, and you'd end up having to do more work just to make the same amount of money.

Though, I guess with society ramping up that much, the average standard of living would probably rise enough for individuals to benefit too.

This is, of course, ignoring the almost certain biological cuts we would have to make, probably including shorter lifespans.

I sometimes wish I could just be plugged into a wall for a couple hours to recharge, instead of sleep. I hear y'all.

Surprisingly, I get enough sleep most nights. Usually between 5 and 7 hours. I thank my support system. If it weren't for my access to sleepy pills, heavenly foot massages, soothing background noise, and ganja, I'd have a much harder time getting any peaceful rest. I have insomnia, tinnitus, and I get stressful nightmares. Anything less than 5 hours means I probably had a bad night. x__x Luckily, I can function on as little as 3 hours. Only downside is I'll be slower moving and much grouchier than usual~

Those three hour nights are always a challenge. The last time I did it, I fell asleep as soon as I got home and woke up when it was still light out and got extremely confused.

Those three hour nights are always a challenge. The last time I did it, I fell asleep as soon as I got home and woke up when it was still light out and got extremely confused.
Welcome to my world.

I usually get around 5-8 hours of sleep a night but sleeping for 2 or 12 hours in one night isn't foreign to me either. Though no matter how long I sleep, I'm still always tired through almost the whole day. Might be because of my struggles to even fall asleep in the first place and my habit of randomly waking up during the night. I guess the quality of my sleep is just shit and quantity can't really fix that.

I pull all-nighters from time to time and not always by choice. Quite recently, I encountered more severe difficulties falling asleep than usually and just decided to give up after I had been tossing and turning in my bed until 8 am or something. Being hellishly tired and unable to fall asleep is a bitch. If I don't get any sleep at all, I'm always pretty much a zombie the next day so I try to get at least a short nap if I can.

Also, I should really go to bed now. With quick math, I should be able to sleep for about 5 hours today if I'm lucky. Awesome.

Assuming that I'll go to bed right away, which I'm probably not going to do.

Too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.