POTW: A Pirate's Life

What is your favorite setting for pirates?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Arrrrrrr! It's pirate month and my first poll this month is all about PIRATES!

The great thing about Pirates is that they can span ALL GENRES. You don't have to stick with the historical time setting pirates! They're really versatile when it comes to settings.

For example, you have SPACE PIRATES flying around in space capturing ships and looting.

You can have MODERN PIRATES. There's tons of stories about pirates out in the southern oceans around South America, South African and Australia that raid fishing and cargo ships.

There are FANTASY WORLD PIRATES which lend all sorts of fun ways to bend pirate style with unique cultures and maybe even a twist of magic.

Or POST APOCALYPSE PIRATES! Imagine a derelict world, where everyone is fighting to survive and here come some pirates raiding lil colonies and stealing those precious supplies.

What is YOUR favorite settings for pirates?

I mostly like them in a historical setting but it doesn't have to be completely accurate. I don't like to have too much fantasy in it but I like to put in some fantasy aspects, like mermaids.

You forgot:

Steampunk Pirates ^_^ Flying ships, clockwork parrots/monkeys, and a hint of magic. :DDDDD

YOU SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR BUTT PIRATES AND PIRATE HOOKERS.

Other than that, I actually do like any type of pirate in many contexts, from historical to modern-day pirates (yes we still have pirates out there on the ocean, just in motor boats), to space pirates of the future.

Steam punk pirates sound awesome! But they are a great aspect to any genre.

You poot in the lyrics from the Lazytown song.
I am so very, very, disappoint that you would sink to such a level.

For me, pirates in space are the way to go. I would not abandon my advanced technology, wacky hijinks and interstellar travel for feelings of nostalgia, historical accuracy, or even a modern adventure.