POTW: A Month to Write

What would be YOUR best novel writing month?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I was just talking to Vay about writing a book and why my stupidass has never managed to write a novel! Most of my reasons are silly excuses (If I wanted it bad enough, I would just DO it!), but it got me thinking about National Novel Writing Month in November and how people use that month of writing to speed writing a first draft for a book. Sadly, Every time I have tried NanoWriMo, I have totally bombed cause november just has happens to be my busiest time of the year. D:

So it made me think... what month in the year would be the BEST month to have my own personal novel writing spree? And thus, I wondered the same for everyone on Iwaku!

If you could spend a whole month to bunker down and do nothing but write on your novel, which month is the best month for you?

My birthmonth, for sure, October. The Autumn is my favorite time of the year. ^_^

Reactions: Dawn
Cold, dark and rainy.

Whatever months fall under that catagory.

I write when insparation hits me. Unlike most, my book is not started from start to finish, but middle, last, etc.

None. Because I always find an excuse why I'm unable to write. Again. Just like I've been pushing away the thought of joining NaNoWriMo for three years already. Next year, next year for sure.

How much I love the thought of finishing a story or a book it rarely happens. I'm just not interested enough to work it out fully.

It doesn't matter the time, day, year, month, whatever... I can't ever finish writing a book. I would end up spending that whole free month sleeping and eating instead. :3

Anyway. My mind gets too lazy. Even if I was told I wouldn't have any responsibilities to worry about during the month of book writing, I would be driven crazy. That's why I prefer roleplaying. You're making stories with another person, so that means I only have to do half the work. *rolls over like the lazy panda she is*

Reactions: Blind Hemingway
I write when insparation hits me. Unlike most, my book is not started from start to finish, but middle, last, etc.

A good way to try and write a book actually. Nothing says you have to be linear when you're organizing your ideas.

Although I can be inspired throughout the year, if I ever wrote a novel, most of ya'll know me enough to know it'd fall under the horror genre. What month is better for horror than October? Also, like Fij said, Autumn is a damn good time of year for me. I just feel more alive in the Fall.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli