Post-Apocalyptic Weapon of Choice

The thing that people really forget about "zombies" is that it's a disease.

You don't want to be ANYWHERE NEAR them.

Accidentally got an itty bitty bit of zombie blood spatter on your exposed body, where you have a cut because you're out and about, climbing and running around all day. Boom, You're infected.

You thought you cleaned your face-shield REALLY well. Nope. There was a tiny little bit of blood stuck in the henge. It rains. Some water washes the dried blood particles out of the henge and into your eye. Boom, infected.

No making out in zombie muck like Glenn and Maggie and coming out unscathed.

THIS is the true horror of the apocalypse. You can't do anything without fear of becoming sick; you can hardly disinfect your entire environment in this situation.

You're right, a government would survive, I was inferring civilizations after the governments had all fallen.

Ah, you have a point. Humans are petty, not stupid, and since they're not stupid, they'd take the opportunity to destroy another civilization, plus, humans are spiteful.

Reactions: Jade
The thing that people really forget about "zombies" is that it's a disease.
You don't want to be ANYWHERE NEAR them.
Accidentally got an itty bitty bit of zombie blood spatter on your exposed body, where you have a cut because you're out and about, climbing and running around all day. Boom, You're infected.
You thought you cleaned your face-shield REALLY well. Nope. There was a tiny little bit of blood stuck in the henge. It rains. Some water washes the dried blood particles out of the henge and into your eye. Boom, infected.
No making out in zombie muck like Glenn and Maggie and coming out unscathed.
I think the Glen and Maggie thing worked because they were already infected, because, you know, the wound was what killed, not the disease itself.

Na.

If you get infected directly by a walker in TWD, you get a fever that "burns you up", which kills you.

I have a feeling the term "no longer a concern for humanity" will be interpreted different ways. Also, I think there WILL be some people or groups of people that consider themselves to be the section of humanity that counts, and try to build a civilization around their cloistered ideals, perhaps hostile to outside influence.

Also, I was trying to get across in the Intro that almost everything like helicopters and tanks would be destroyed. Very, very little high tech stuff, and even less infrastructure to support it's operation and maintenance.
If literally nearly every tank and helicopter and piece of military tech was destroyed, humanity would have been thoroughly wiped out. Not even a nuclear apocalypse would be that efficient.

Not even a nuclear apocalypse would be that efficient.
I was thinking a tandem Nuke/Zombie apocalypse, helped along by some shadow government thingamabob.

If literally nearly every tank and helicopter and piece of military tech was destroyed, humanity would have been thoroughly wiped out. Not even a nuclear apocalypse would be that efficient.
Good luck flying or using one of those without any training or the keys.

• Love
Reactions: Jade
I was thinking a tandem Nuke/Zombie apocalypse, helped along by some shadow government thingamabob.
That shadow government must be pretty sucidal then.

That or humanity lives on with the shadow government and its gathered array of "toys", like tanks, in an underground complex or something equally unlikely.

I guess if zombies were smart enough to go after tanks, and intentionally destroy supplies and what not. But then those are smart zombies. And then we really are boned because they're humans that don't care if you shoot them so long as it isn't in the head.

Unless Bruce Campbell survived. Then we are all good.

That shadow government must be pretty sucidal then.
That or humanity lives on with the shadow government and its gathered array of "toys", like tanks, in an underground complex or something equally unlikely.
I guess if zombies were smart enough to go after tanks, and intentionally destroy supplies and what not. But then those are smart zombies. And then we really are boned because they're humans that don't care if you shoot them so long as it isn't in the head.

Yeah, something equally less likely; I was thinking a nice part of the globe they secured for themselves, while they watch us on the internet with tiny drones.

And no, the Nukes and other bombs would take out the Military equipment, or Mr. Shadow McGoverment would acquisition it.