Post-Apocalyptic Weapon of Choice

The go to answer by the book, not even lying here, is a crowbar or axe. Both are great bludgeoning tools and are fantastic at opening doors or other things that need to be opened, ie zombies heads. Nonetheless! I will always stick by my M4 No1 Enfield. Ammo scarcity is irrelevant because I can't get bullets for the damn thing now. But I mean it's from 1941 and cycles rounds better than a IWI Tar-21 so I can't just say no to it.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish and Jade
Ok. You guys dont understand the beuty of the stop sign.

Stick with me here.

Imagine you have a stop sigh, post and all, in your hands. YOu wield it like a bostaff, becouse for some reason you are crazy stronk. Then SLAM, WAM. STOP SIGN TO THE ENEMY VISAGE.

And afterwards you could crack all the fucking oneliners you want. As yoru enemy suffocates from his caved in, flat face.

Ok. You guys dont understand the beuty of the stop sign.

Stick with me here.

Imagine you have a stop sigh, post and all, in your hands. YOu wield it like a bostaff, becouse for some reason you are crazy stronk. Then SLAM, WAM. STOP SIGN TO THE ENEMY VISAGE.

And afterwards you could crack all the fucking oneliners you want. As yoru enemy suffocates from his caved in, flat face.

Such as "Stop, in the name of love?"

"What a crowd-stopper"

@Hellis I don't know, that seems really impractical to carry around with you. Plus, they only weigh 10-20 pounds, so with their size they might not be able to cause much damage. But I do like the one-liners.

@Hellis I don't know, that seems really impractical to carry around with you. Plus, they only weigh 10-20 pounds, so with their size they might not be able to cause much damage. But I do like the one-liners.

But the puns are soul crushing.

If we're speaking realistically?

Crowbar, Molotov Cocktail (and enough ingredients to make two more), Swiss Army Knife, Duct Tape (silence is golden, duct tape is silver), and a bow.

Crowbars are fantastic. Not only will it legitimately pierce the skull of an oncoming zombie like it's nobody's business with utterly zero skill required, but I can use it to pry open locked doors, boxes, crates, and so on. Running out of food? No problem! Just go hit the nearest warehouse and use the crowbar to open all the crates till I find something to eat.

Molotov Cocktails are probably the best area denial tool I'd have that I could mass manufacture after the apocalypse. Plus I actually know how to make them. (Ethanol is your key ingredient. Beer doesn't make for a good molotov, but jack daniels? Vodka? Oh-ho-ho. Best ones you just empty the bottle and fill it with gasoline, but gasoline will quickly deplete and/or expire in the apocalypse.) If there's a swarm of zombies I don't care how shiny my weapon of choice is, the molotov will get the job done with greater efficiency in one toss and doesn't risk my ass in melee combat.

Swiss Army Knife, because can opener. And bottle opener. And screw driver. And so on. And it'll fit in my pocket.

Duct Tape, because you never know when you need to stick X to Y, or seal Z.

And a bow, specifically a mechanical bow, because I actually have taken archery lessons and know how to use it. Silent death at a range, with ammo I can retrieve from the bodies.

Throw in a backpack containing one of these and I could even be happy in the apocalypse.

PS: Katana may not be the best choice of weapon in the apocalypse because it takes training to use properly and all it'll take is one screwed up swing to permanently damage your katana. It's definitely not the worst choice, but I'd saddle it somewhere in the middle. If I didn't have a crowbar or other type of bludgeoning multi-tool weapon around, sure I'd reach for it, but I'd probably more likely reach for something with a shorter, straight blade, so I can shank a zombie in the neck up into the skull, rather than trying to decapitate it, because decapitations while pretty take a lot more skill and effort than a simple prison shank to the face.

• Love
Reactions: Jade
..Are you doubting the sign. Really bro. Chica. Compadre.

It's now evident, that I see a lost soul before me. Take a seat. Light up a cigar. Not the cuban ones, that would be unamerican. Ok. Here it is. The naked truth.

A stop sign is attached to a metal pole. That pole can be pretty fucking heavy. But its ok you see. Becouse the red of justice is attached to it. Take a drag on that cigarr, drink some whiskey.

The Red stands for the blood of the first pedestrian who died in the days of no stop signs. They honered him, by infusing his blood into the color we now call PEDESTRIAN RED. Shh. Don't argue. Take a drag, be a gentleman, Cancer can wait.

Ok. Now that you see the light, we are going full on agression. Imagine your enemy, snarling like a yaoi fangirl at BLushcon, having lost a bidding war to that bitch Yume-Whatsherbitchnameagain-chan. Yeah? This snarling enemy of yours is all fucking teeth. You gonna swing a wobbly pig sticker like a katana? Hah no. Are you gonna go with a crowbar? No, valve would sue your ass. No, you look around in panic. There is a gun by a stop sign. You pick up the stop sign, becouse you are a man now. A man with who as seen the sign. YOu are of the order of the Pedestrian.

Your safety word is STOP.

Theirs is "OHGODMYFACE"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Where the fuck are you going to find katanas, you dorks? Get a knife.
Actually I have a katana, as well as another sword. In terms of availability weapons, everyone should order a katana, or any mid-long range reaching bladed weapon, that way if an apocalypse ever actually does happen, hey, you have a katana, or other sword.

I would take the ones I have now with me everywhere, assuming I didn't lose them, or they didn't get stolen along the way. I actually plan on getting a whetstone as well, and learning how to sharpen blades. You can never be too prepared. I plan on settling in an area, an having a farm for cows, deer, and the like, for food, IF the shit hits the fan.

Again, can never be too prepared. What if the animals die during a harsh winter? Well, we'll make due with scavenging, as best we can. I hope to also have a grenade on me in case things get really, REALLY, messy. I will NOT end up a mindless shuffling, flesh eating corpse!

And it'll fit in my pocket.

Giant_Knife_1.jpg

You're clearly not doing this right.

..Are you doubting the sign. Really bro. Chica. Compadre.
It's now evident, that I see a lost soul before me. Take a seat. Light up a cigar. Not the cuban ones, that would be unamerican. Ok. Here it is. The naked truth.
A stop sign is attached to a metal pole. That pole can be pretty fucking heavy. But its ok you see. Becouse the red of justice is attached to it. Take a drag on that cigarr, drink some whiskey.
The Red stands for the blood of the first pedestrian who died in the days of no stop signs. They honered him, by infusing his blood into the color we now call PEDESTRIAN RED. Shh. Don't argue. Take a drag, be a gentleman, Cancer can wait.
Ok. Now that you see the light, we are going full on agression. Imagine your enemy, snarling like a yaoi fangirl at BLushcon, having lost a bidding war to that bitch Yume-Whatsherbitchnameagain-chan. Yeah? This snarling enemy of yours is all fucking teeth. You gonna swing a wobbly pig sticker like a katana? Hah no. Are you gonna go with a crowbar? No, valve would sue your ass. No, you look around in panic. There is a gun by a stop sign. You pick up the stop sign, becouse you are a man now. A man with who as seen the sign. YOu are of the order of the Pedestrian.
Your safety word is STOP.
Theirs is "OHGODMYFACE"
You think I didn't consider the weight of the pole? You shame me.

Nah, while we used to make stop signs out of steel, they're all just made out of reflective aluminum now, since it's 30% lighter and has a longer lifespan than steel. So, unfortunately, the weight of the pole is part of that 10-20 pounds, with the pedestrian blood red stop sign part only accounting for a fraction of it.

Now a spiked baseball bat, my weapon of choice. You can find a baseball bat fucking anywhere. I'd recommend a Walmart, but it's probably already been stripped. Try a Sports Authority. Irrelevant though, since I would've already bought a shit-ton of them the second some fear mongering reporter yelled zombie.

Now, not only is the bat smaller than the stop sign, so you've got less weight distribution, but due to it's more human in-mind size and user friendly handle, there will be significantly more force behind your swing. Plus, unlike the stop sign, the bat is rounded so you don't have to put as much thought into angling your swing. Which is important when there's legions of reanimated corpses trying to kill you.

Plus, did I mention that theRE'S FUCKING SPIKES COMING OUT OF THE GODDAMN BAT? NOT ONLY DO THE ZOMBIES GET SMASHED IN THE FACE, BUT THEY'LL ALSO GET HUGE CHUNKS OF THEIR FACE TORN OFF. THEY'LL BE SO EMBARRASSED.

Maybe in girly country were you are from they are. Over here they are not.

They are heavy. With the souls of the road kills.

STOP they said.

"AS YOU WISH." I said.

HEY HEY HEY!

We're forgetting the important thing.

Stop sign puns.

"They really pulled out all the stops!"

Maybe in girly country were you are from they are. Over here they are not.
They are heavy. With the souls of the road kills.
STOP they said.
"AS YOU WISH." I said.
You... you keep emphasizing that they're heavy, like you know that from experience. Have you already begun to use this as a weapon? Were you not satisfied with patiently awaiting the apocalypse like everyone else? Do I need to call the police? Admittedly I don't actually know how to call the Swedish police, but details.