Post-apocalyptic police force

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caligari

Original poster
I always wondered how the police and law enforcement in general would survive and act in a post-apocalyptic world; would they hold on to their sworn duties? Would they begin to act more violently in response to a more violent world? Would they succumb to their own violent nature and become that which they fought for so long? etc.. As such I've thought up this RP in order to play around with this idea.

---

Year: 2075

As the world around them began to fall apart due to wars revolving around water and fuel, the Australian government created the Outback Road Patrol, or ORP for short. This is a small, underfunded unit that assists the dwindling main police force in maintaining some semblance of order in the outback and helps ward off the increasing number of biker gangs and punks that terrorize ordinary civilians.

The cars and bikes of the ORP are mostly all-terrain vehicles such as discarded military jeeps and dirt bikes in order to compensate for the increasing decay of the ill-maintained roads of Australia. As far as weaponry goes, they use whatever they can find that still works properly ranging from standard police gear to sawn-off shotguns, though bullets have become scarce and expensive.

---

The rp will be character driven mostly and will have an ending; I'll be the GM for all intents and purposes and kill off the characters of people who feel like their story is at an end or want out (either way send me a pm and we'll give you a proper send off) as well as control most of the gangs and non-character controlled events (you can still create your own npc's and locations and such).

As I mentioned the ORP is small, so this RP will be as well with a maximum of six people, me included.

If you have any questions or ideas, let me know in the comments.​

Hmm wonder where you got this inspiration *cough* Mad max *cough* but I am interested in this RP.

I'm not going to hide it, but I didn't want to bring it up because the original mad max is thirty-five year old cohesive mess and I didn't want to scare anyone off.

I'm not going to hide it, but I didn't want to bring it up because the original mad max is thirty-five year old cohesive mess and I didn't want to scare anyone off.
It's all good but I am interested though their is one thing if I were to join you on your merry journey and that is that I only post between 5ish am and 10ish am central time because I work from 12:00 am to 5:00 am roughly, five days a week so just a heads up.

I doubt this RP will get off the ground, but I'll keep it in mind should a small miracle happen.

I doubt this RP will get off the ground, but I'll keep it in mind should a small miracle happen.
Hey if you were to want to start it with just us at first and add people as we go then that could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.