[Post-Apoc Fantasy] Join Iwaku's EPIC Mass RP: Ilium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends on your meaning.

If you look at Ilium as is, many of the posts can seem like walls of text.

There are, in fact, a lot of very long posts in Ilium. Some of the longest posts I've ever read/written in my lifetime of RPing have been from Ilium.

HOWEVER.

This is acceptable because the level of storytelling in Ilium is not like most RPs. The story is player-driven, and a lot of the posts which seem long are actually quite dense and full of content. There is a common misconception among RPers that any post that is really long is probably overly verbose and filled with unnecessary purple prose. I'm proud to say this is not typically the case in Ilium.

So, the answer to your question is, kind of. There are, and there will continue to be some lengthy posts. But virtually every post has meaning and significance.

Posts are long because I have to get things done x_x.

There is no recap, no fluff, no restating of what happened before. We always move forward.

We break the old RP habit of explicitly listing out each character's thought process. Lut Sar does not observe Nu, he does not watch her practice or take in the flower of her hair or reobserve everything Nu did just prior. He builds upon her actions, thinks in ways not clear to the reader, and foments his destiny.

i just found this in the banner and i love it i was wondering if i could join as well i am not that good of a roleplayer i have a lot to learn but i would like to try this roleplay out if anyone wants to shoot me a message i would like that

I'd be interested in this too, now that I have time. Are there any roles you've been looking for to move the story forward?

@deadtotheworld18 and @ThE_DeAd you are both more than welcome to submit an application! Do keep in mind that Ilium is a bit more of an advanced roleplay involving plot building and character development, but if you are okay with those things feel free to put in an app and we can review it and get back to you!

@ThE_DeAd to answer your question, there is a little bit of lacking activity in a merchant plot as well as in the workings of an old general to save his homeland. While help there would be ideal, don't let that restrict you - create a character that you feel is unique to you and that can grow with the story!

Also tagging @unanun and @Peregrine in case they would like to weigh in.

• Thank You
Reactions: unanun
What we need right now is reinforcement of the current plot - so if you make a character that slots well into whatever's going on in the current chapter, I would love that.

alright sounds good i want to try is all it looks like a great roleplay

Merchant plot?
Yes!

In a nutshell, there is a large (ish) group of merchants who have banded together and intend to form their own nation. There is a bit of unrest there; the Red nation is expanding quickly and is making it hard for the fledgling merchant nation to do business.

Lots of room for tension, politics, and potentially even action!

Tag-teaming @unanun who is much more familiar with it than I am.

Reactions: Aois
Might be enough to intrigue me enough to participate. XO

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Trade has been disrupted because excessive war-mongering by the Czar has shut most of the borders down, making many merchants a bit disgruntled. They're looking, in their own way, for a divine weapon that can be used to 'enforce peace'.

Reactions: Aois
Hm... May I be linked to all the necessary readings?

Will that be enough for me to engage in the story, or is there further reading to be done?

Can I take on the role of a mercenary if that is possible I think a role as some kind of soilder will do me well.

That's probably enough, to start. It's always good to do some more reading but there's a lot of material - too much, I think, for new people.

Mercenaries and soldiers are difficult roles because they depend on others for plot - unless you have a specific direction in mind.

Also, good to read the introduction, code of conduct, and rules for character submission.

I've read all the recommended information, so would now be a good time to begin creating a character?

Yes! Definitely. If you've read everything, feel free to submit an application and we'll go over it with you! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Are all pictures allowed? I generally use anime-style pictures, so I was wondering if that's allowed in this roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.