[Post-Apoc Fantasy] Join Iwaku's EPIC Mass RP: Ilium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter ..

Chapter 7 .. started .. so

people who wa

people who want to try joining now

Are more than welcome

*jumps out the window*

Don't mind him.

We are still accepting applications! Don't be shy ^^

That's right, Ilium is in a fresh place right now!

I have been receiving many inquiries about ilium, mostly that "it looks dead!"

Don't worry!

- ilium's players all have many outside obligations. We don't pressure them (much) to post.
- what they come up with in their absence are meaningful posts that move action forward, with minimal fluff
- all are talented writers who could sustain the story in my absence
- by joining, you will help make ilium more 'alive' than it was!

How could anyone possibly think that Ilium looks dead!?

There is so much happening right now!

The ruler of a nation has been imprisoned (well, quarantined) while a group of fanatics plots with her life!
Several merchants and pirates have decided they don't like the system and are attempting to create their own nation!
An entire city was just freed from the grip of mayhem by the one person they despise!
An army comprised of millions of soldiers is on the warpath, marching on the neutral territory and looking to conquer the world!
Diplomats from other nations are scrambling to negotiate! Will they bluff? Challenge? Retaliate????

Golems! Machines! War! Magic! Civil unrest!

Ilium's lookin' pretty alive if you ask me!

Um... Where is it? I can't find the thing. And if I do, is it too late to join?

@Shadowski, Ilium is in the Universe Roleplaying section.

There are links to it in the original post in this thread or you can find it by looking on the main Forums page by scrolling down to Roleplaying > Click on Universe Roleplaying > Click on Ilium.

All the information you will need will be there. Please please please check out stickies in the OOC, namely the Introduction and the Code of Conduct. This is for your benefit as well as ours, so you get an idea of the scope and size of Ilium to help you figure out a character and to help us figure out where that character can fit.

When you've done that, feel free to submit an application!

@Shadowski, Ilium is in the Universe Roleplaying section.

There are links to it in the original post in this thread or you can find it by looking on the main Forums page by scrolling down to Roleplaying > Click on Universe Roleplaying > Click on Ilium.

All the information you will need will be there. Please please please check out stickies in the OOC, namely the Introduction and the Code of Conduct. This is for your benefit as well as ours, so you get an idea of the scope and size of Ilium to help you figure out a character and to help us figure out where that character can fit.

When you've done that, feel free to submit an application!
Thanks!

I am quite interested in this. I just am not sure on how this would properly get progressed and am afraid of trying and failing right away o.o I like to add a bit more via personal background... then there is the thing with there being masses of characters and encountering them would make me uncertain on how to proceed properly.

So I have not been paying much attention for the past couple of months D:

Last edited:
The best way to start is to read the introduction, code of conduct, and read a little bit of the latest chapter. Later on, you can go back to the synopsis as needed. Past events are important to understand what's going on in the story for a reader, but a character need not understand everything that is going on.

Really, what you need is an open mind, a good character sheet, and read the 'upcoming events', which is three sentences. The rest you fill in as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Exactly as unanun mentioned, it can seem intimidating but it's really not that complicated. While it is a mass RP, most of it is broken up into smaller groups and parties because there are a lot of small quests.

There IS, however, going to be a meeting/confrontation between multiple nations coming soon - it'll be the first time this many characters of different nations will get to interact with each other! Very exciting.

Getting involved is as simple as making a character sheet, and once we accept it we'll help place the character wherever it makes the most sense story-wise and/or where the character has the most opportunities!

Ilium intimidates me and I make complete wiki's for many of my non-one shot sort of roleplaying things. Maybe I can be convinced though, as I love sandboxes.

I'm actually somewhat apprehensive of wiki's and the like. The burden of knowledge for people entering ilium should be low. If you like the intro, and read about current events, that should be enough to dive in. Characters come in and out of stories at different points all the time. There is no need to be fully versed in the world - that is why I keep it as open as possible. There is a grand, overaching plot between the three nations and the end of ilium, but that takes place in the world brought to life by our writers.

I'm totes interested in joining. Going to read stuff and hopefully come up with a character tonight or tomorrow. Booya.

Woo! So many people joining just for ilium :D

Universe roleplays -> Ilium

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to look at the group. I am nervous though, as I usually stick to smaller scale role plays- but what could be a better way than just jumping right in? :)

Just wanted to thank you guys for posting this up!

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
So this isn't a rp that you must post walls of text correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.