Possession

C

Cheesecake

Original poster
cult_by_akeiron-d323l94.jpg

"Our enemies speak the truth, my apprentice. They call us blind, for we see what we are not meant to see.
They say their wisdom falls on deaf ears, for we hear whispers of unsurpassed wisdom.
They call us fools, for our knowledge is not from this world and was never meant for it."
The mist grew ever stronger, cackling with energy. The faded red robes of the participants swayed and fluttered as they crawled closer to the Circle. Whispers echoed off the walls, ranging from quiet pleads to thunderous commands. Each one was ignored, as instructed by the Sorcerer. He himself was in the middle of the circle, naked and on his knees. Runes were cut into his body and his eyes were gouged out. His mouth and body moved as though he were screaming at the top of his lungs but no sound came at all.

The room suddenly faded into complete darkness. Each student knelt at his position. They had practiced this ritual for months, for this was a once in a lifetime chance. No error was allowed. A boom resounded through the chamber, and a light appeared from the circle, the Sorcerer nowhere to be found. The light revealed only the cultists and the floor, yet the room seemed to stretch on forever.

In the light, a face formed. The face of God. It was not whole. It was not human. A mouth appeared first, parting to the cultists knowledge and power not meant for humanity. As the ritual ended, the being decreed his orders to his servants: to find and capture the Tower to Heaven. The light dissipated and entered the mouths of all the students, infusing in them a daemon, an ancient being of malevolent power.

This is Possession, a story of the occult, adventure and bloodshed. It is set in a low-fantasy, modern world. That means guns, cars and cellphones!

You play one of the cultists, following the events after the ritual. A daemon has been bound to your soul, granting you power and knowledge, yet you do not control it. The daemon is ancient and powerful, having existed before the rise of humanity. They were responsible for many foul things: from the first murder to the greatest wars in human history.

Your goals can be to find the Tower to Heaven, a structure shrouded in myth and obscurity. It is rumored to allow one to literal Heaven, where he can transcend human form and know true bliss. Or you can disobey the mysterious being and follow your own goals. After the ritual all of you were separated and transported to different locations. You can find and team up or work alone and reap the rewards of God all for yourself. Your enemies are numerous, from thugs to religious warriors.

If you join please post at least once a week. If you can't, all you have to do is tell me the reason why. Death WILL happen, just warning you now.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: (What you're called.)
Appearance: (Image preferred, but you can describe it with words all the same)
Daemon Appearance: (The daemons of this setting are horrifying. They are incapable of love, guilt or empathy. These aren't those demons that look like teens with batwings. I'm talking about monsters, on the inside and the outside.)
Bio: (A short summary of your character. Their history and personality basically. Make it short but meaningful.)
Powers: (What sort of skills do you know. No need to list out basic things like driving cars or cooking. Skills like gun training or hacking. Also more occult things that were taught to you by the Sorcerer, such as alchemy, divining the future, or speaking to the dead. List out five of them.)
Daemonic Powers: (The powers given to you with the daemon latched on your soul. This can be pyrokinesis, telekinesis, seeing ghosts, extra strength, unnatural beauty. You could have as many as you want, but for each one a physical or mental attribute is given to your character. These are hard to hide from the populace, especially witch-hunters and such.)

Example:
Name:
Alexi Magog
Appearance:
Cultist_by_zilla774.jpg
Daemon Appearance:
Tree_Demon_by_mindsiphon.jpg
Bio:

Alexi was the first pupil of the Sorcerer and his most capable student. He was his personal apprentice and he was taught everything from him. He was born in a rich family, living in a mansion, owning pools and cars. He decided wealth in this world meant nothing, so he went on a search for true power. He found this power in the Sorcerer, and using his family's funding he grew the cult to what it is today.

His daemon is an old malevolent being, who posed as a deity to a primal tribe of humans 10,000 years ago. The name it has told Alexi is Hyjix, but as with all daemons, its true name is kept its most closely guarded secret. It especially loves blood-sport and duel combat, as well as hunting.

Alexi is a very extravagant person. He is also very proud and looks down on others. He has a unnerving love for the occult and strange, and has spent his life searching for aliens, bigfoot, and monsters in the closet.
Powers:
-Rich (He is very wealthy, and can purchase many things without being questioned.)
-Gun Training (He is trained in the use of small firearms for self-defense.)
-Occult Lore (He is well versed with forbidden knowledge and rituals.)
-Deadspeak (He can perform a very difficult sacrificial ritual to ask the dead questions.)
-Divination (He can see into the future in his dreams, but he only remembers jumbles and disconnected pieces.)
Daemonic Powers:
-Blacktongue (His tongue has become long and black like a snake, and is adept at lying and charming others.)
-Brute Strength (He has become incredibly strong, but his muscle and fat has disappeared, giving him the appearance of a skeletal figure draped in skin. His strength is purely daemonic.)
-Hunger (He always craves food, yet does not truly need nourishment. He needs no food or drink or sleep, yet he always eats non-stop.)[/hr]

Is this still open?

Woop! Okay I'll think of my cs and post it tomorrow. I have a crazy long car ride and will have time to think stuff out :)

Yeah. I'm at the beach for a dance comp and the service is absolutely terrible. I'm still thinking up a character. But after Friday I'll be at dance camp and won't have much time to post until I get back the 22nd. But I will do my best to set of a char before I go to camp.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mosaic
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...O5IIHJ7T1kYAFtBIzeBFWRbMz0GLL1zf2pfXsJBYDpFQR
Eyes: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/011/e/4/yellow_eyes_by_claytons_girl_4_ever-d5r6lnc.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/346820126/photography/macro?offset=10&view_mode=2&h=600&w=900&tbnid=8FlRYx2WEiSviM:&zoom=1&docid=VHRU2hgzhVucxM&hl=en&ei=YGa7U6eUK8WYyASo7YKwCA&tbm=isch&client=safari
Daemon Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://larryquachart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Demon-Render1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://larryquachart.com/savannah-demon/&h=840&w=1120&tbnid=R4nXNT9dFTW71M:&zoom=1&docid=ghQGF68l13T9UM&hl=en&ei=-We7U-bYFoWgyAS20oD4DA&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDYQMygSMBI&iact=rc&uact=3&page=4&start=18&ndsp=6
Bio: Mosie's parents were high standing members of the cult that summoned God. All her life she was taught to obey and never question. This is why she was so willing to go to the summoning and allow her parents to volunteer her to be one of the possessed. They hoped that she would find the Tower of Heaven and lead her family to it. Once she was possessed, Mosie was consumed by demonic power. Awakening in her old home the demon used her to slaughter her entire family. Now the two have formed some sort of alliance. Mosaic wants her body back but her demon wants more power. Together they work together, somewhat, to achieve both goals.
Powers: Hacking; speaking with the dead/voodoo; hand to hand combat; hunting(including knowledge of guns/archery); outdoor survival;
Daemonic Powers: pyrokenesis (large Fire symbol burned into her wrist); extra strength(bipolar/easily angered); siren-she can convince almost anyone to do anything-(forked tongue); better eyesight (yellow irises)

Last edited:
Accepted! However, just a nitpick: You have 7 skills instead of 5. Maybe you could combine hand-to-hand combat, survival skills, and archery into one skill?

Hey what's going on with this

Not much. There weren't any more applicants other than you.

Awww :( this one seemed fun