Positive/ Negative Reactions on Iwaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess what I'm asking is during your time on here, are you negative or positive and what do you respond to mostly.
Are you glass half empty or half full?

If you spot someone in need who's ranting, do you stop and help or rant back at them?

My belief is what we put in we get back, but hey that's just me.

Half full! If someone rants, sometimes it's not because they want you to rant back at them or solve their problems for them, but sometimes he/she just wants an understand ear. Unless someone begs for my advice, I just listen usually.

And we don't always get what we put in. But if what we put in is positive in nature, it's the best we can do... the rest is often beyond our control.

• Love
Reactions: Siren
Half full! If someone rants, sometimes it's not because they want you to rant back at them or solve their problems for them, but sometimes he/she just wants an understand ear. Unless someone begs for my advice, I just listen usually.

And we don't always get what we put in. But if what we put in is positive in nature, it's the best we can do... the rest is often beyond our control.
I indeed agree, and I'm lucky that even on my worst days, they are always people willing to refill my glass so to speak.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
I indeed agree, and I'm lucky that even on my worst days, they are always people willing to refill my glass so to speak.
Always a good thing to have family/friends/etc there for you, sometimes it's all it takes!

Always a good thing to have family/friends/etc there for you, sometimes it's all it takes!
Yes indeed, friends are often the best medication I find.

SPARKLES RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE! :D

I try to be as positive and upbeat as possible when interacting with people. >> This is why my posts are always chock full of emoticons and exclamation points.

I force myself to stay away from topics and people that I know will irritate me. I try not to reply to those topics at all, cause I know eventually from "Haha, see I can do this!" to "You little shit."

Of course, I am a human being and sometimes I can't help it. ;__; When I snap at someone about something, it's likely because I had finally hit my limit.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Siren
It'll be fine. I can say that being an admin of this forum since 2007, early spring tends to be the time of year that all the grump-pigs and other silly types appear on the scene. While my normal type of java is to impale them with a spear....Diana says that is most simply uncivilized in this day and age. How disappointing.

Now try to tolerate each other, my lovelies.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I've grown to be comfortably numb to negativity until I reached the point on the internet that I project my own level of negativity with the full ire and rancor without earning the animus of an entire community. I simply tolerate others until a threshold of fellowship is met then I selectively carry on as I have done before. Otherwise I just grow tired of something then move on like a mighty glacier.

I'm melancholy. I'm humorless. I'm stoic.

Fucking deal with it.

HEY GRUMPY. REMEMBER ON PROBOARDS WHEN WE WERE LIKE A FAMILY?

Now we're like an apartment complex. Or an assisted living center.

Or maybe a college dormitory?

>___>

Conglomorate-owned multiplex that's half college dorm and half retirement home and Dianerp spends our pension on illegal trips to Mexico.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razilin
I often repeat the wise and powerful words of Peter Quincy Taggart: "Never give up, never surrender!"

The first impression I get of Iwaku is that of a strong and diverse community. There's lots to do. There's a counseling board for members to vent. There's writing contests of all sorts. Player created adverts for their roleplays. Boards for niche interests like creating random item generators. Boards dedicated to educating new players. Organization and structure for Libertine RP, even.

My kneejerk feeling is that no matter what you're into, there's a home for you somewhere in Iwaku.

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.