LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Before the images start; I consider a few of these to be failures - either they don't resemble who they're meant to or I just don't like how I ended up using the materials - but I figure I might as well post them for feedback as keep them to myself and just glower at them, and they may not be as terribly horrific as I think. The life drawing images I'm relatively happy with, as with the second two portraits.

failed_practice___niki_lauda__1967_rl_ver___by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d6ae.jpg

niki_lauda__movie_ver___by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d7z4.jpg

james_hunt__rl_ver__1976__by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d6hg.jpg

james_hunt__movie_ver___by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d6ah.jpg

life_drawing_practice_1_by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d6aq.jpg

life_drawing_practice_2_by_iluveijikikumaru-d79d6aw.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth and Fijoli
Lovely Mew, These sketches are wonderful, sure they may not look like those you intended but your form, style and shading, speak volumes. I especially love the last two. Great anatomy work, I can't wait to see more.

So I figured I might as well update this, since I'm aware my DA is kinda crap xD

girlydorf_by_iluveijikikumaru-d851fg0.jpg

digital_practice___theanimeman_by_iluveijikikumaru-d84u69j.jpg

maleficent_by_iluveijikikumaru-d84l2r6.jpg

failrick_by_iluveijikikumaru-d83vies.jpg

lookin_a_little_girly_there__carl____by_iluveijikikumaru-d83virp.jpg

michonne__by_iluveijikikumaru-d83viws.jpg

carol___queen_of_twd_by_iluveijikikumaru-d83vj2x.jpg

selfportrait_in_digital_by_iluveijikikumaru-d8571gh.jpg

david_tennant_by_iluveijikikumaru-d857nnf.jpg

As you may be able to tell, I've been trying to figure out how to use a graphics tablet. I think I'm making decent progress, so far. Been about a month of consistent use?

Last edited:
Your pencil work is lovely as ever. Your digital coloring is still a bit rough, especially when defining edges. The highlighting and shading of skin areas is awesome though, you're doing a great job with that.

What program are you using to color?

Thanks, Ozzie ^^ I'm currently using Paint Tool Sai for pretty much everything I do on the computer. I'm really not as steady-handed as I'd like yet with my tablet, not sure if that'd be helped by working in larger scale or not or if it's just gonna have to be a learned thing. There's a lot of fudging happens as of right now though.

Yeah, I thought that looked like Sai. If you want to try another free program, Paint.NET is another alternative that I find a little more user-friendly (but that's just a personal thing).

Tablets are something you just have to get used to as far as steadiness and pressure and etc. Practice makes perfect there. I've used both a medium and a mini tablet and didn't really notice a difference other than my hand cramping faster on the mini.