Polarissima Australis

Or Xarn, exploring a planet in restricted space, and a firefight near some relics from an unknown extinct species, and then teleporting back to the ship after those relics got damaged or activated, without knowing what they do, boom, the usual teleportation field allowed some baddies out through an anomaly, and everyone's invited to the less than amusing party

That could also work. Now, the next question is: Whats on the other side?! :O

Horrors the likes of which, mortals of our reality could not begin to comprehend nor describe, dude

Which would make it hard to really have them in the rp, as we can't describe them. And if we can't describe them, how do we fight them? O_O Or we'll just all run away from them forever.

No we would describe them, but they would be undescribable to our characters, the thing about horror is, the less you actually and the more mysterious your enemy is the more horrifying it is, like Alien, you barely see the creature, in Doom the horrifying thing was that they had seemingly unending forces and could appear from anywhere.

So here it goes:

Name: Roy Jennings
Race: One of those rare species known as a "Homo Sapien" or Human.
Appearance: Roy is just under 6 foot tall, has fair skin, dark brown hair, gray eyes, and an athletic build. He carries himself upright and with purpose.
attachment.php
Skills and Strengths: Resourceful, Good with his fists and other blunt instruments.
Flaws and Weaknesses: Ignorant, In over his head, lacking in etiquette or really any alien cultural stuff. Including languages.
Rank and job: Dimensional Castaway
Person: You know how there are those people that just vanish and are never found? Roy is one of them. One night he was headed home from a drinking foray and the next he was millions of light years away in another galaxy having tests ran on him. Of course he didn't know this, he though he was just having a bad case of hallucinations coupled with alcohol poisoning. Eventually he was left floating in an escape pod in space with a fractured memory of what those "damn dirty apes" had done to him.

So how's that for something that probably needs more work?

I mostly have one question about him: Navy or pirate? Navy, cause the pirates probably wouldn't be arsed to pick him up, and pirates, cause they accept almost anyone to use as a crewman/meatshield/provisions.

I was thinking that he was a pirate by victim of circumstance. Like perhaps he crashed a party or something.

Name: Ryder Orion
Race: Human
Appearance: Caucasian male with short dark brown hair and an experimental red suit for space travel. His height is at least 5,11.

Comet_shanedavis.jpg

Skills and strengths: Knowledgable in a couple of areas of science and the use of the pistol. Possesses Telekinesis, and its variation, Tactile Telekinesis, which simulates strength and flight, and to a degree, invulnerability.
Flaws and weaknesses: rarely uses any weapon besides a handgun. His tactile telekinesis only simulates flight/invulnerability/etc, and requires him to summon up great willpower to use. In addition the 'Invulnerability' only protects against blunt force. Anything sharp or capable of cutting/piercing and it can get through.

Rank and job: Scientist and Member of the Space Police Force known as the Darkstar Squadron, known for its psionic agents and expertise in various fields of science.

Person: Ryder is a pretty chill dude. However, don't let that think he'll take your shit, because he can just as easily change shades and toss your ass into a trash compactor. He's always been a curious one, interested in science and exploration from a young age.

Name: Ryder Orion
Race: Human
Appearance: Caucasian male with short dark brown hair and an experimental red suit for space travel. His height is at least 5,11.

Comet_shanedavis.jpg

Skills and strengths: Knowledgable in technology and the use of the pistol. Possesses cosmic radiation which grants him 'tactile' telekinesis, and a glowing aura. The Tactile telekinesis not only grants regular telekinesis, but creates the impression he has flight, invulnerability and super strength, as well as invisible blasts of force.
Flaws and weaknesses: rarely uses any weapon besides a handgun. His tactile telekinesis only simulates flight/invulnerability/etc, and requires him to summon up great willpower to use. In addition the 'Invulnerability' only protects against blunt force. Anything sharp or capable of cutting/piercing and it can get through.

Rank and job: Space Adventurer

Person: Ryder is a pretty chill dude. However, don't let that think he'll take your shit, because he can just as easily change shades and toss your ass into a trash compactor. He's always been a curious one, interested in science and exploration from a young age.
I'm not sure I properly understand this. He creates the impression he has flight etc? Do you mean that it looks like he can fly etc, but he can't actually? Or am I misunderstanding?

And thats the second thing about the character. What does the rest of the players feel about the space adventurer?

I have some ideas to help him fit, such as instead of being an adventurer his suit is an experimental bio mechanical symbiote that corrects terminal injuries in the humans body. The cosmic aura being the activation signal of the suit symbiotic benefits

We'll have to hear what he has to say about that suggestion then.

He can fly, but the truth behind it is that it's really just telekinesis.

I have to be honest: The bit about the suit giving off the aura is good, maybe its a result of a special fuel cell of some sort. But I'm rather iffy about it being a bio mechanical symbiote thing. I could make him a member of some intergalactic police force if need be.

Truly, it would be like a "become captain America" suit