Pokemon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze stood by, waiting for its turn. Kyoko pet his fur. She didnt want to kill this Pokemon, but it was the Scizor's choice.

Anger rose in the maga scizor as her battle request was never answered, slowly she turned to see yet another trainer, then she spoke. "Will you send a Pokemon to battle me?" My child as prize " The trainer had dark hair and large glasses.

"Me? Why would I risk that? You're quite a noble one, you are. And besides, I'm here to see about stopping this mess."

A Scizor was talking to him, yet he responded calmly. He had met the legends of Hoenn, like Regirock, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and he had heard some speak to him. He had met the legends of Sinnoh, like Mesprit, Shaymin, Giratina. Shaymin was, of course, his favorite. He had met the legends of Unova, like Thundorus, Keldeo, and Kyurem. He shook with fear in front of the icy maneater. But he lived through it, and here on this region were some who had actually braved the challenge and CAUGHT the legends after he'd met them. He'd met Lucarios, Medichams, and his own Gothitelle, who spoke telepathically, and by word of voice. It was no surprise to him that Pokemon could speak, really.

"You're a noble one. I respect you, and I care for my own Pokemon. I couldn't risk either you or one of mine dying. It's not what I'm here for."

"Then we all will surely die" in a instant the sky became as black as night, Pokemon howl's and screams filled the air as the old Pokemon made it's way to the camp, then the maga scizor fell to the ground. The Pokemon eyes lied close and near death as it lied on the cold ground. Quickly the baby Pokemon fled, all 3 ran to a trainer.

The Totodile ran to Frederick and bounced over him, chomping its jaws on his shoulder. Frederick winced for a moment before letting out a howl of pain. A strong one, he was! "Arceus... Bless it all!" he shouted as he tried relaxing the Totodile's grip on his shoulder. Its grip was quite strong, but I light pinch on the nape of its neck made it tense its jaw open. Frederick caught it as it fell and began to pet its head, relaxing it again. "To live a long life and die peacefully is better than to live a short life and die in turmoil. I'll name you Seditius."

Recquiescat in pace? No, wrong series.

Frederick looked onto the Scizor and sighed. He'd seen too much of this already to shed tears, no matter how much he'd want to. "You were of a noble sort, Scizor. I commend your spirit. May you find happiness." With that, Frederick's day was ruined. He squandered so much time seeing sights that he never got to his research. Elm would be ashamed. "It's work before play, remember that, Donny." The words flashed through his head as he focused his gaze on the Scizor. "Isn't this place supposed to be a sanctuary from these deaths? Or is this place the root? Why do the legends retreat here if their unique beauty can be flushed out in such a place? Or is this the result of their ire?"

Frederick thought about something that made him smile weakly, his thoughts still rather grim.

"Isn't there a trainer who's befriended Arceus here?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
((Aww I had my eye on that Totadile. Oh well, first come first serve ^_^))

Kyoko blinked in surprise as the Chespin jumped into her arms. She pet it soothingly and looked worried. "I have a Mew..."

Reactions: 2 people
She didn't know what he was thinking, so the assumption was turned away calmly. "Not exactly what I was looking for, hun, but thanks for the offer. I need to talk to some deific entity or something. I heard tell of Arceus on hand for someone here." Mew was known as the ancestor of all pokemon, but Arceus was known as the creator of all pokemon. Deific indeed. "I need a god, not an ancient. Perhaps I could talk to it, sway the way of things. You get what I'm saying? I know that it's not particularly science-y, but religion has its own science."

Perhaps this is how Frederick could become a Professor. "Imagine it, though, Professor Frederick Hawthorn Donovan." The calling of science was strong for him, at only age 17. His mentors, Birch, Elm, Juniper, Sycamore, would be proud of him. The data he collects could get him recommendations from them. Ooh, the beautiful possibilities. What will he specialize in? Pokemon Life Force? Aging? His first mentor, Birch, studied habitats. He moved on because he had no interest in the field. Sycamore studied origins, and he learned a lot from her, but felt he had little to contribute. Elm practiced phylogeny and evolution, alongside one Rowan. The famous Oak studied relationships. Sycamore studied Mega Evolution. Frederick never really learned much from him, though, he was too focused on something else. He honestly couldn't figure out what (It was, of course, Sycamore himself as opposed to his words.)

So Life Force seemed like his calling right now. His knowledge of creation myths led him to believe Arceus could sway the way things went, although it was no guarantee. There were three Pokemon he always kept his eye out for - Celebi, Shaymin, and Arceus. These Pokemon can, or are said to be able to, positively interfere with many Pokemons' life cycles. Two of which he'd caught wind of their capture - so Frederick kept his eye out for two trainers and one Pokemon - Shaymin, which actually lives in small colonies, which means there can be more than one of this particular legend - lucky thing for Frederick.

"I'm here to research the recent crisis of Pokemon deaths in battle for the Board of Pokemon Professors. I figure if my findings are sufficient, I can not only end this terrible crisis, but also become a Professor myself. If you know your Professors, Elm nominated me for the job, Juniper recommended me, and the rest agreed to let me come here for research." Frederick pulled out a small device like a PDA and flicked it open. "I have data on every Pokemon ever captured, courtesy of the Board. Naturally, the legends we'll find here are not registered, but I'll certainly be rectifying that, possibly with help from my fellow voyagers. In example, your Mew... Due to its ability to use every technique available, Mew is thought to be the genetic ancestor to all Pokemon. So, yeah, not what I'm looking for, but thanks for the help."

• Love
Blaze and Kyoko exchanged an eye roll. This guy was some big know it all, and a Prof. Wanna-Be to boot. She really would not want to get stuck with him on this journey.

Reactions: 2 people
Frederick was a bit insulted by the gesture. Time to tug at the heart strings. "You just wait. Someone's going to hit that Typhlosion of yours with an Earthquake or something and it won't get back up. I'm here to prevent that." Hopefully she would take those words to heart and give him a bit of help on his research. And maybe she'd think twice about challenging someone to a battle. At times like these, battle is murder.

All of this reminded him of Nuzleaf somehow, if he was honest with himself.

Kyoko glared at him. "I would never make Blaze fight to the death, ever. I do friendly battles, thats all. Im here to explore and chart new pokemon, thats all."

Blaze growled at him, flames going slightly higher.

Frederick sighed. "When did you first notice that battles were ending in deaths? I was watching the television at the Lilycove Department Store when I heard about it happening. 'Friendly Fights' ended in dead Pokemon - and dead friendships. Birch called and told me he was receiving trainers all over reporting losses. I called Elm and he said he was getting it, too. I remember Birch's son, Brandon, he reported the death of his closest friend, the one his father gave to him. I knew Brandon, when he would come by the lab while I was helping out. The loss was just as bad for me. I remember when my Tropius, Arierus, nearly went down after we were caught in the middle of a feud between groups of Seviper and Zangoose. I was taking the route to Fortree at the time. I can't advocate Pokemon Battles at a time like this, not until this crisis is resolved." With that, he took out a Pokeball from his pack, one with a sticker above the button.

The sticker was a black rhombus. "See him for yourself. The scars don't heal. They never will. A constant reminder of what's going on in the world right now." With that, a Tropius was sent out in the space between Frederick and Kyoko. It had scars on its neck, nicks on its wings, and the tip of its tail was a stub. "The tail was necrotic. A Seviper used Poison Fang, nearly took Arierus down. Had to amputate the tip. He can still fly, but his balance isn't what it used to be." The Tropius began to lay down, Frederick walking beside it. It let its head down to Frederick, who began to stroke the side. "So be careful what you do, how you use your moves. Don't be reckless. Surely Paralysis, Sleep, or Confusion is enough to get away. I can't allow more deaths to take place from hapless battling. Don't fight at all, just stay safe."

Last edited:
  • Love
"You act like I dont know! A corrupt pokemon killed my parents! My pkkemon are the only family I have left. Dont you DARE lecture me on how and how not to treat my pokemon!" Kyoko was shaking by this point. Nyara hugged her and Blaze rubbed his cheek against hers. Before she knew why, hht tears rolled down her face.

Frederick shrugged. She obviously hasn't really learned her lesson if she's willing to engage in battles during these trying times. "So then why do you risk losing them in battle?"

Ashley smiled as the chimchar ran towards her and cling onto her leg. The poor thing hald large scares on it's leg and arms. With a sudden lack of light, Ashley grabbed the Pokemon, in hope to defend it.

~~~~~~~~
The day is dark thought the Pokemon, then in a flash the Pokemon stood in the middle flamold town, then it spoke "I am the deathreap! Fear me!" Then in a moment all Pokemon out of there pokeball fell into a deep darkness state, making them sleep. Deathareap have used dark void, but not only did Pokemon sleep but So did the whole flamold town, but a rather large group still lied awake. Deatjareap appearance lied unknown, a human shape black cloth stood silent, blackness covering it's face. Then deathareap spoke "why, why do you all lie awake? I will Kill you all! She must not be found!" Then he charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyoko was about to tell Frederick off when a Pokemon called Deathreap apeared. Her eyes widened as Blaze, Nyara, and the baby Chespin fell asleep. When the Pokemon charged, she returned them to their Pokeballs, and holding the Chespin to her, she ran to the forest for shelter, getting out of the way of the charging pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this a cause of the crisis, or a result? Or was it simply a legend of the region? Acting quickly, Frederick withdrew Arierus, sheltered the Totodile, and rolled out of the way of the charge before taking off away from the encampment. He had to get away, and since the camp seemed to be a hot zone at the moment, it was not a good spot. Frederick got out one of the Pokeballs he had spare and tapped it to the Totodile's nose to seal it. Since it was already attached to him, and it was asleep, it was caught rather easily. With that, Frederick took hold of his bag to keep it from swinging around everywhere, letting him run faster. He felt like that girl still didn't get it. He'd have to talk to her again, but now was a time for flight. His PokeDex Apparatus showed that Arierus and Seditius were the only ones sleeping. Good - Frederick might have to put them into a fight for all of their lives soon. He didn't want to, but there was a mighty need for it soon.

• Love
Kiora snapped out of the trance. She must have been day dreaming again. There appeared to be several people sheltering the baby pokemon that the mega scizor had been hiding.
(Oh i forgot to say: mega evolution requires the energy be released by a strong bond between pokemon and trainer. Im guessing this isnt the case here?)

Ashelys latios have fallen to sleep, quickly she returned him to his pokeball, then ran to her bag. Her celebis pokeball still lied in the small Pokemon center box, quickly Ashley grabbed her Pokemon, then clicked the button to summon the Pokemon. Arose from the flase was celebi ready to fight.

Deathreap have missed the girl by nearly an inch, and with incredibly speed slammed into a near by tree, tiping the tall structure, landing on nearby sleeping professors and Pokemon , killing them. Then standing deathreap saw celebi, then in shock he spoke, "You lie captured? Time travler, you lie curupt as well. You and every person and Pokemon on this island must die..." Holding out his small white human hands, deathreap created two shadow balls, then threw one at celebi. Then turning he saw a human standing alone, no Pokemon in sight. Slowly deathreap walked towered Frederick, shadow ball in hand.

The being was headed for him. Its origin was still veiled. "Deathreap? Human hands? Human form?" It honestly sounded like a Pokemon to him, but there were cases to think of - like Kaminko of Orre, and his Robo-Pokemon. He was just some weird guy who he'd heard about. If it walks like a Psyduck and talks like a Psyduck, it's probably some guy in a robot Psyduck. For now, Frederick would test its speed by running away. If things went bad, it'd be up to his Braixen to deal with the problem - especially since if this thing was a Pokemon, it was probably a Ghost-type. Bad news for Lindt and Romula.

Status
Not open for further replies.