"Pokémon Trainer Red looking for Female Trainers"

i wont lie i am not as fully caught up on the pokemon universe anymore, most of my knocledge is from the first generations of stuff hence why I chose charmander for my main pokemon, but just giving a name i can look up them and figure out what they are. Also thinking to make things fair we stick with only a set amount of pokemon and set a lvl cap on them. If not that everyone will try having all legionaries as their mains.

I think lengendaries would be fine, as long as the character earns them in the rp. But starting with them is pretty OP.

thats what i mean no starting off with them. And is this a stardard humans only rp with having pokemon or is it like those crazy ones where the pokemon are more anthro?

I vote for - Normal trainers. No starting legendaries. Poke-pocalypse.

Question - How many players/characters are we looking at including here? By my count, there are 5 of us which, in my opinion, is a reasonable size for the characters to be a group of friends who are on their Pokemon journey together.

Hey people, who's still interested with this possible group RP?

i would be possibly

Cool. Any ideas on what trainer you'd play? I'm still unsure if we're gonna have a mix of canons, OC's, or just pick one option and stick with it.

I would probably want to do OC's never really stayed in touch with pokemon the games are okay but never really paid attention to the names on the games, i only remember the original pokemon and Charmander and all its evolution's were always my favorite.

Okay, but I'm still not sure how I want to tackle the OC/Canon problem.

I originally wanted to do this as a kind of Poké-crossover, with all the trainers from the games coming together in one place, but I didn't think about OC's.

I can't decide because people haw expressed interest in being a canon, while others expressed interest in being an OC. Either way the character is left to be created by the player (except for the appearance of the Canons, but I'm sure somebody drew an alt. Costume for them somewhere on the interwebs)

you could always make sure that the oc to canon ratio stayed even. I don't mind either of or canon.

That's true. I guess I could do something like that. We should also discuss repeats. Don't want any Pokémon to be repeated, or will we allow the exception of 2 of the same? Like, if we had two people who wanted a Pikachu, should we let them both have one, or pick one person to have it and give the other a Pichu/Raichu?

Here and interested.

As said before, I'm good with OCs or Canons, or putting our own spin on Canons.

With over 400 (right?) Pokemon, I don't really think we should have repeats. At least, not as far as with our Trainers' Pokemon. We could either "Draft" Pokemon, or we could each pick our favorites, and if there's a conflict roll dice or perform some other way of randomly choosing who gets it. The person who loses should then get to pick their 2nd favorite, as long as it hasn't already been picked.

I don't like giving another person the evolution or pre-evolution of a Pokemon chosen by another player because part of the fun of Pokemon is the evolution of the Pokemon, if that makes sense.

Yeah, that sounds fair. Okay, so I also have a rule to allow 8 Pokémon rather then the usual 6 (seems a bit more realistic to me), so lets all list the Pokémon we want and then we'll decide.

Pikachu/Pichu (straying more towards Pikachu), Charizard, Venusaur, Lapras, Dragonite, Eevee, Blastoise, and Butterfree.

The three Kanto starters were only there because of Red's canon team, but anyone who wants them, I'll be fine with. Only one I'd really vouch for out of the three is Charizard. My backups for Blastoise and Venusaur are Bayleaf/Rhydon and Greninja/Hitmonlee.

I'd end up taking, Blaziken as my starter of choice then, Espeon, Umbreon, Ninetails, Haunter, Dragonair, Liepard, and Noivern.

On that note, I should say that Eevee is the exception to the evolutionary thing. An Eevee doesn't have to/really can't evolve unless the trainer wants it to, so we'll all be allowed one from the evolutionary chain of Eevee.

And Dragonair is our first conflict for interests in similar Pokémon.

Question: Are we starting with Legendary Pokemon or pseudo-Legendary Pokemon? Also, are we starting with fully evolved Pokemon?

I can understand Red starting with them, but does that mean everyone will?

My Pokemon wishlist:

I'd be extremely happy if I could get a Gyarados. I don't care if I have to start with a Magikarp or carry a Magikarp around for a couple months.

The rest of my Pokemon would be Monferno, Emolga, Seadra, Excadrill, Breloom, Aipom, and Piloswine (or their evolutions or pre-evolutions).