Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Okay, so this is gonna be one of my lazier partner searches. The premise for this pairing isn't really a major idea, but there's a little more to it.

I've been on a Pokémon kick for a while now and by far, my favourite game is the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow and their remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen.

As a result, I find that like many others, my favourite trainer from these games is the Male Trainer from the first game (or "Red", as he's more commonly known as).

trainer_red_by_yukarixminato-d4y9ppp.png

So, bottom line, I want to play him in a RP. I'd ask that my partner would play one of the female trainers from the games as a romantic interest for Red. They would both be somewhere around 17-19 because having them be 10 would be really weird.

The core idea for this RP is a bit complicated. I have an idea for how we can do a singular 1x1 story, but I also have a craving to make this into a full scale group RP. For those who are interested in the group RP, its a reboot of this

Now then, here's a list of female trainers just from the games. They're all Player controlled characters, but I can be persuaded to have Gym Leaders/Elite Four, or even an OC if you really crave it:

image.jpg

Leaf (Far Left)

May (Third Left)

Hilda (3rd Right)

Mai (right of Hila)

Serena (Far Right)

Post below if you're interested, I'll only be accepting a few people for this so best hurry ^^

I'm interested, though I'd prefer to change the name of the female character.

I would like to be apart of this as well though I would be playing a male trainer this has potential for a group rp i think. Also found a trainer dress up game thing where people could essentially make their own trainers how they would want them to look and all.

I'd be interested. I gotta get my pokemone fix from somewhere since my 3ds is down for the count.

Hmm, could work. So did we want to make this a group RP or a 1x1?

Okay, now begins the debate:

In game trainers, or OC trainers? I personally would like to have sort of a game crossover idea where all the Game trainers meet up, but that may just be me.

i wouldn't mind either or I just find it easier to get into oc's but thats me

Well really, the main trainers don't have any set personality outside that of the player.

For example: People just assume Red is a badass because he waited at the top of a mountain to challenge one guy and beat him countless times until he had raised his Pokémon to near god-like levels (lived through that as a kid playing the original Gold and Silver), but outside of that one assumption (which isn't canon), he's a blank slate.

I get why an OC would be desirable, its cool. I'm just not sure if we should do a mixture of canons and OC's replacing the canons (ex. Instead of Brendan from Hoenn, its Dave).

That is fine either way with me but if we wanted to do oc's i found a site that use a generic template to create your own trainers here is an example I made
8ZUzFl3.png

I'm good with this becoming a group game. We can do both OOC and canon trainers, as well. As Sora said, they're all a blank slate. Putting our own spin on an image shouldn't ruin anyone's childhood memories, I don't think.

@RyDub - I'd be interested in that site.

I'm up for a group! And as for canon or oc, I'm up for either too. As Sora and Calliope said, they're blank slates.

Okay, well what kind of story would you guys like to do for this? A tournament? Free-Roam? A story where we prevent a Poké-pocalypse about to be caused by an unknown legendary?