Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Kamon Surge [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 20 [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Region You Originated From: Technically Born in Kanto, but trained in Johto [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He certainly looked tough and you weren't even sure if he was giving you pity or not. His eyes were an unusual color of purple with rings of other colors that only reflected when the light touched. His light brown hair was messy and all over the place, as was everything else he was wearing. Strangely in his hair were highlights of purple whether or not they were real highlights you were afraid to ask. Because he saw a weakness in your defense as you were distractedly by his equally distracted appearance, and he took advantage of it. Despite being intimidated and probably the most intense person you ever fault, that wasn't a gym leader, not exactly. He only stood at 5'6, he had pale skin, an intense confident expression. And he had an aura about him that made him more intimidating up close. You left as quickly as you could, that was too intense for you.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2rzxrgl.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alternative Outfit 1 - Ignore the hair style, no one can change their hair that fast. However Kamon wears a sky blue top with a brown vest, black slacks, and some black dress shoes. To top it with gloves and a single earring with his mother's badge as the gem. [/BCOLOR]

Alternative Outfit 2- Kamon wears a trench coat and fedora with confidence a vest, a pair of black slacks, and black dress shoes. The inside of his vest is lined with all the badges he ever won and the buttons to close the trench coat are customized to have his mother and father's badge symbols embedded as the design of his buttons. His fedora brass button on the side shows off his future badge when he inherits his mother's gym.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]All though nowhere as intense as he was when he was younger, intense and intimidating are the first words that come to mind when you look at speak with him. Normally if he doesn't think you're an idiot, he wears an intimidating expression on his face. Which is normally his head game. It's how he influences people to not even fight him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's not that Kamon isn't confident in his own skills. He actually is quite skilled and quite confident. It can be seen in his expressions or the way he talks about his wins. Though he has all the right and glory to gloat. Though Kamon isn't technically a people person. He rarely travels in groups with other people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Often his bond is the tightest with Pokemon. His Pokemon, whom he carts around with him, are like family to him. His bond often transcend the simple Pokemon and trainer. A battle is a respect between both parties that they absolutely want to do this. Kamon sees his gift, now, as a tool to protect Pokemon. The Pokemon Kamon has gathered on his side are often neglected or abused, which Kamon cannot stand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even now when Pokemon and Human bonds are stronger, there is always that asshole who abandons their Pokemon. Kamon has a kind of love hate relationship with Humans. He's friends with a Pokemon League Champions son Victory. But they haven't traveled together since the Johto reason and Kamon will often associate with those he considers pure of heart.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He can be quick to judge and he can have a fiery temper. When he was younger he use to be arrogant, arrogance has turned into confidence. But he's still intimidating, and aggressive at times. Especially when he disagrees with something.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not naturally agreeable, few people can persuade him to calm down. And few others can get him to see the error in his quick to judge personality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He likes Pokemon. He has a small leftover dream from when he was a kid, that he was part Pokemon. He likes his mother Sabrina and wants when she retires to take over her gym. He's not too keen on his father maybe that's because they share such opposites in personality. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He dislikes like people as a general rule of thumb he doesn't trust them, till they prove themselves to him. He dislikes Team Rocket, Silver, and doesn't even like serious Pokemon trainers ironically enough. That's because Kamon prides himself on asking his Pokemon if they want to battle as well. Sometimes he forgets only he has the ability to do so, sometimes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He enjoys sitting alone at times and doesn't like to be bothered. He has an explosive personality in that way.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He likes yogurt, and berries. His favorite Pokemon is Typholosion, only because it's his best friend and brother. Yet, he loves all his Pokemon equally. And that cannot be denied.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Psychic Trainer; he adopted most of his powers from Sabrina and has harnessed them over the years. It's the reason why he can understand his Pokemon the way he does. It's often used in battle, more like he cannot control people's minds, or throw them across the wall. But often his battle pose and ending pose are always his Pokeballs rotating around him. For a good parlor trick he can bend a spoon. He also, like his mother, can give his Pokemon silent psychic commands in battle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It's always been hard as a kid, to cope with the fact that his parents were two gym leaders. It made him stranger than the rest of the kids, and what alienated him from the rest of the kids, was his psychic powers that developed at an early age. Sabrina encouraged it, Surge was always worried about it. Though none of them could really do anything about the kid, who could lift objects with his mind, and bend spoons. He always assumed when he was a kid, all kids were like that. Though the truth was from that reality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Picked on at school for both his parents and his powers. Kamon had a strong relationship with his mother at the time. Surge suspected it was because they shared a connection with their powers. Except that two Gym leader parents didn't always have the time to train or spend with their son. And when he was starting to get to that age. Sabrina shipped him off to the Johto reason with one of Surge's aunt.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon was nine at the time and expected to spend time with his aunt. Till Professor Elm had a starter Pokemon for Kamon. Except that Kamon wasn't the type to sit still, especially after his parents abandoned him. Despite the inherent danger Kamon use to wander off into the wilderness and tall grass himself. He always came back home of course. When he was ten his mother sent him off an egg. Which would be his second best friend in life. An abra egg. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was the closest connection he had to his mother. But it didn't stop Kamon from preparing for not getting ready for his trainer program. Except that Kamon went too far that day. And got himself lost. That's where his second friend and him came along. A lost small cyndaquil, crying, clearly to Kamon who was also lost. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The two of them helped each other in finding each other's home. However, the cyndaquil kept coming back, till it was decided they would both travel together. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Long story short, Kamon has years of travel and experience. And he's also setup his own fake Gym in the Johto region. The Gym is more like a starter trainers gym. It's not established by the league and is only there to help people realize their potential and how to defeat the gym leader. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon finds because of his powers he has a responsibility to Pokemon all over the world. And when he heard of this festival, he put his Slowking in charge of Kamon's Gym Training Center. Meanwhile, Kamon went off to check out this festival in Unova, afraid something might happen.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pokemon[/BCOLOR]​

Typhlosion

[BCOLOR=transparent]Blaze[/BCOLOR]

157.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Moves: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Eathquake[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gryo Ball[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fire Punch [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Flame Charge [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There's nothing stronger nor greater than the connection these two have. Blaze, is an important friend and brother and someone extremely special to Kamon. They work well together and their teamwork is a hundred percent. Blaze is brave, bold, and confident. Maybe because Blaze has so much trust in Kamon, that his black flames shine brighter than any other Typhlosion.[/BCOLOR]

Espeon

[BCOLOR=transparent]Esper[/BCOLOR]

196.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Moves:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Morning Sun[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Grass Knot[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny Day[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Psybeam[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Esper is the opposite, not saying their teamwork isn't great, but it is. But Esper is a bit on the quiet more relaxed side of things. He just cannot get as worked up as Blaze and Kamon can. Those two seem to have a really close connection that Esper admires. It boost Esper to fight just as strong and close to Kamon as well. Relaxed, reserved, his gem seems to gleam with happiness and he is a sophisticated Espeon. [/BCOLOR]

Gengar

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orb[/BCOLOR]

094.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Headbutt[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Foul Play[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hypnosis [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dream Eater[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orb's always been a trouble maker, darker than all the Gengars, more black in color or gray, than his purple cousins. Orb has always respected Kamon for they both are outcast and that's what their connection is. Despite Orb's like of playing pranks and mischievous nature, he greatly respects Kamon and Kamon is the only person Orb won't play pranks on. Which is Orb's favorite time.[/BCOLOR]

Alakazam

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
065.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Barrier[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Light Screen[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Future Sight[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Psyshock [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic is like the old man of the group. Despite being younger than Blaze, Magic has the common sense to consider that some of the choices that Kamon and make Blaze make when they are hot headed aren't the greatest decision makers out there. He is docile and is often more quiet than his other companions. [/BCOLOR]

Noctowl

Hoot

164.gif

Moves:
Fly
Extrasensory
Ominous Wind
Night Shade

Hoot and Kamon have a unique relationship, Kamon knew Hoot since he was very young. Hoot came to Kamon as a baby HootHoot, who had lost its family after it got a damaged wing from a trainer who made it faint in battle and didn't capture it. Kamon helped Hoot get back together on its wings and they grew a friendship and a bond from there. Hoot eventually didn't want to go back to its roost and decided to stick with Kamon.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon can hear Pokemon as if they were speaking Japanese [let's face it in Pokemon they speak Japanese], but most people cannot hear what Pokemon are saying so often times they think Kamon is being weird. He can sense Pokemon's emotions and often many of his Pokemon he caught have been abandoned or abused who seek comfort in Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Character's Catch Phrase:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Face it. You'll fall under my power,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Victory phrase; "I knew the results from the very start" or "I knew you were weak the moment you stepped on the field" or sometimes "You're an embarrassment to your own Pokemon" sometimes shortened to "Hmm, you call yourself a trainer"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Losing Phrase; "I'll learn from my mistakes" or "Hmm, just a fluke" or "I'll learn from this" or "I'll remember you and challenge you again" [/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
@Clyde

A few issues i have with your application

1. Suicune is a legendary pokemon. It states in the rules that you are not allowed to have or use legendary pokemon. Please remove him from your application and read all the rules.

2. Your personality and history sections are far too long. Your personality section should be about a paragraph long and thats it. As for your history, your maximum length should be about 2 and a half paragraphs. Try to sum these sections up to the required length.

3. The victory/losing phrases and the theme song are really unnecessary. I think they are cool additions, but they arent really needed for this roleplay. Plus, the song doesn't work D: please retract them and follow the pre determined character sheet format

@Restless Comfort; I understand about the legendary pokemon. I understand that. But for your other conditions those are stupid reasons. A GM should always be willing to accept a member who put effort and time and more work into their sheet. My sheets quality. I thought the paragraph were requirements , not strict guides.

edit-

And the Victory Phrases and Losing Phrases are alternative catch phrases. If you ever played the game, which I assume you did, then it all fits in the universe of the games.

Last edited:
@Restless Comfort; I understand about the legendary pokemon. I understand that. But for your other conditions those are stupid reasons. A GM should always be willing to accept a member who put effort and time and more work into their sheet. My sheets quality. I thought the paragraph were requirements , not strict guides.

edit-

And the Victory Phrases and Losing Phrases are alternative catch phrases. If you ever played the game, which I assume you did, then it all fits in the universe of the games.

It's not that im unwilling to accept it. Im very happy you put in so much effort! Don't get me wrong, I like that you went that extra mile! But that much information all at once makes it hard to get through. Besides, before I was reading it from my phone which made it look A LOT longer then it actually is. The length is pretty close to the specifications if your reading from the computer. As for the catch phrases, they can stay I suppose. Like I said, it was a cool addition :) But I do wanna specify on something. This isn't a Roleplay based on ANY of the games. This is more like an extension of the movies. It, more or less, takes place in the anime, not the games. If you want to keep your history, personality, and additions as they are, I suppose that's fine. I'll accept the application. Welcome to the team! :)

P.S. Just a side note. I do admit I was a little unreasonable with my changes, but I do have final say on what goes in this Roleplay, so please don't argue the next time I put something in motion.

@Clyde

Thank you! I'm finished, but entirely willing to edit whatever might be too lengthy (I know I elaborated a bit much on the teams' backgrounds, wasn't sure how much I need to detail to get the point across). Let me know!
Nope! I think you put the perfect amount of description into your application! Accepted! Welcome to the team!

• Love
I think that's it! We have everyone that is going to be participating in the first part of this Roleplaying series. There is only one acception to that. There will be one more person joining this Roleplay, and he is a close friend of mine. I won't be able to be consistently available, so he is coming on to be a Co-GM. He is going to help me out with managing the Roleplay, so if I am not around to answer questions or look over things, he will be there to cover while I am away. Other then that, I'm glad everyone here has decided to participate! I think this is going to be a very enjoyable Roleplay! We are waiting on my Co-GM and the character sheets from Crow so, after both have posted, I think we will be ready to start! Check back tomorrow for a start time!

It's not that im unwilling to accept it. Im very happy you put in so much effort! Don't get me wrong, I like that you went that extra mile! But that much information all at once makes it hard to get through. Besides, before I was reading it from my phone which made it look A LOT longer then it actually is. The length is pretty close to the specifications if your reading from the computer. As for the catch phrases, they can stay I suppose. Like I said, it was a cool addition :) But I do wanna specify on something. This isn't a Roleplay based on ANY of the games. This is more like an extension of the movies. It, more or less, takes place in the anime, not the games. If you want to keep your history, personality, and additions as they are, I suppose that's fine. I'll accept the application. Welcome to the team! :)

P.S. Just a side note. I do admit I was a little unreasonable with my changes, but I do have final say on what goes in this Roleplay, so please don't argue the next time I put something in motion.

@Clyde
Thank you. I appreciate we could come to a compromise. Looking forward to this RP.

And I won't argue again

Also, I have decided where we will start, but first, we need to decide something as a whole. I think it is going to be a lot more fun to have a main group departing from Sinnoh, and some of the group that are met along the way. My idea is that we could have 4 or 5 people in the main group that starts the RP with departing from Sinnoh, while the other 3-4 people come into contact with the main group somewhere down the road. I was wondering what everyone thought? I would obviously be in the main group, leaving the rest of you to decide whether you wanted to join me in the main group, or be alone on the road until we cross paths. Those who chose to cross paths somewhere down the road would have the choice on when to insert themselves, but eventually, before we arrive in Unova, everyone will be met and integrated into the group. I feel it would add some mystery and depth to some of the characters. What did people think? Good idea? Or should we all just be in one big group heading to fuck shit up? x3

Thank you. I appreciate we could come to a compromise. Looking forward to this RP.

And I won't argue again
I am ass well! Thank you for participating! It's going to be a blast :D

Darn straight. And I was trying to blend elements of the movie with the anime with the manga and the games. That's how Kamon to be in the first place. So I cannot wait to be the jerk that he is, lol

Well he wont be getting along with anyone but hey great interactions.

Haha maybe not, but you need that dick in a Roleplay. It adds some interesting interactions to the group and some internal conflict. On a seperate note, what does everyone think of the separation idea? Building the group up in number as we progress?

Well I'd say people from the same starting town would probably be together such as your guy and mine the others can be run into as the story goes on.

Well he wont be getting along with anyone but hey great interactions.
Kamon both finds the rest of you inferior because you don't have the power he does. He also finds most people small minded, but also has great confidence in his legacy.

edit-

Tbh though, Kamon is a tsundere at best. He often appears short minded, and hot tempered. And he's kind of an asshole, but deep down he's sensitive, kind and compassionate.

Good idea. So I think that is the route we should go. I think there should be half or a little less then half that we meet along the way. Here is the list thus far.

Main Group
1. Eric
2. Riken
5. (Optional)

Stragglers along the way
1. Co-GM
4. (Optional)

Everyone else can choose which they would rather their character fall under :) Let me know where everyone wants to be!

@Clyde @Lissamel @R E I @Crow x2 haha

Kamon will not get along with Riken since Kamons a ass hole and Riken is hot headed.

Kamon can work alone. He prefers it, for right now at least. If he gets to know them and like them, he may join.

Status
Not open for further replies.