Pokemon: The Disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I wouldn't recommend it as this is the internet I'm not going to keep you from playing as yourself.
oh I planned to keep the more personal info private like where I'm from, and so on so forth. Well I guess I will be making a face claim to myself. And use certain key parts of my personality

Reactions: Archwar
Name: Alexander Hartke

Appearance:

History: Alex is the typical college student from a divorced lower middle class family. He's going through college for Psychology thanks to federal funding. He had no interest in sports at all, but loves to swim to keep in shape and therefore has no problem getting wet. He works hard for his straight As to keep his scholarships and grants, going to the library often to work and study, exactly where he was before he woke up in a strange new land.

He did grow up as part of the Boy Scouts of America and keeps a few things on hand to be prepared for whatever could happen on a normal day. That said, he did have to hide the fact that he's gay, even from his parents, leading to him being very awkward around guys that he likes but also that he has a knack for hiding the truth from people.

Starting Pokemon: Gible

Equipment:
His school messenger bag containing - his laptop and charger, two Magic the Gathering decks, numerous pens and pencils, graphing calculator, three 3-subject college ruled notebooks, Learning and Behaviour textbook, 16 GB flashdrive, a few protein bars, a collapsible umbrella, a basic first-aid kit, and his water bottle.
Pockets: His wallet with identificiation and about $40 in cash. His car/house keys with a bottle opener. Multitool. Cellphone.

Extra Stuff:
"Uhmmmm.... I think I'm a bottom. Haven't really tried anything...." -rubs shoulder awkwardly-
"Oh yeah, I really, really, like snuggling with a warm body. Especially my cat Eko."
"Don't mind me if I psychoanalyze people. It relaxes me."
"I get along really well with animals. Except for snakes... They don't like me for some reason."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Yep, sexy, awkward, well prepared guy.

Oh my, I haven't played pokemon in ages....well, let's reboot the nostalgia.

Name: Oliver Carter

Appearance:
Animeboy.jpg

History: Born as the second eldest child in a family of 6 sons, Oliver pursued as much more comfortable life in comparison with his elder brother. While his elder brother Brand spent time studying for a degree in Kinesiology, Oliver crafted a pretend empire with his younger brothers. Causing trouble around the house, he frequently had to be hushed by Brand in order to cause their parents less stress. When he had turned 10, Oliver, after one of his many adventures around the house with his younger brothers, endured a scathing lecture by Brand, and responded spitefully. Both brothers viewed the other's life as a complete failure. Brand regarded Oliver's current lifestyle as too carefree, even for a ten year old, as he never did his homework, studied, or contributed with household chores. Oliver in return stubbornly retorted that he would rather be a failure and have fun than be successful and deal with the stress their parents went through. In a controlled but angry tone, Brand spoke of the sacrifices their parents went through to support six children, which was promptly ignored. Grabbing his younger brother, Brand called Oliver in a measured tone a coward for acting like a king but never accepting responsibility. Brushing this off as well, Oliver exited, at the same time Brand left the house, still a bit miffed. Later that day, his parents had recieved a phone call. Brand had suffered from a car accident, and was resting heavily injured in the hospital. The entire family went to visit him, except for Oliver, who had no desire to see his brother in the state he was in until, "he got better." He waited for hours, and when his parents came back they told him in a quiet voice to put away the homework Brand set aside for him, as he wasn't going to school tomorrow. Understanding in a blank horror, Oliver refused, suddenly having a great interest in the math that he almost tore in two, but there was no mistaking the hidden message. Brand was dead.

Oliver tried as hard as he could to be like his older brother, but he never succeeded, always bitter over never being good enough for him. The parades around the house stopped for a month, then resumed after another brother assumed the mantle of emperor. Try as he might, he couldn't shape up to his brother's standard, and failed to keep them in check. Three years later, his mother received an email from one of the doctors who had worked the case, who had recently quit his job. The doctor told his mother bluntly that Brand was not on morphine or Dilaudid for pain relief, as one of the nurses had snuck the supply away to drug himself, to deal with the stress of working at the hospital. Across the unfeeling white void of the computer screen the mother read as the doctor said that the nurses dealt with grief and the cries of the dead everyday, and that she shouldn't take offense. His mother didn't see it, but Oliver was reading over her shoulder. Oliver jumped back into the pretend games in order to relieve the stress that was building up in him, but never forgot the feeling of hatred he had of medical establishments, government, doctors, and nurses that sprang up as he read that e-mail. Unfortunately, when he turned fifteen, his father happened upon the email after a particularly bad day at work, surprised that his wife hadn't shown him the letter. A day later, he had attempted to overdose on medication, and was rushed to the hospital. For Oliver however, he never had a chance to see his father. Falling asleep in the car as his mother drove to the hospital, Oliver closed his eyes and woke up in an unfamiliar place.

Starting Pokemon: Weedle

Equipment: Plastic model sword and scabbard, one plastic bottle of water, a scribbled note from when Brand was in eight grade and encouraged a young Oliver.

Extra Stuff: Nicknamed "Octavian" by his friends of the same age, joking that he took his pretend life more seriously than his actual one.

While scarred from his childhood experiences, when he's wrapped up in something he usually forgets his wounds, and acts much more immature when he's having a good time.

Hates being blamed for anything, or taking responsibility is he feels someone else should take the blame.

Likes the feeling of being in charge, as experienced when he got into computer games and was a King in a game he had played.

Good app and therefore accepted. We've also reached the min starting population which means that once the GM gets his app up and the main villain's(which will be heavily censored) the Rp will begin. I'll still allow for people to make apps for a bit, but once the Rp starts to get going then I have to close it off.

"We're not the bad guys. We are simply misunderstood."

Name:
President

Appearance:
images

President always wears a cloak and a mask hiding any features when out or addressing the public.

History:
Will be revealed throughout the Rp.

Pokemon:
A Garchomp named Whisker has appeared many times.

Lugia has been seen on occasion, but people have speculated that this is simply TV magic.

Equipment
A dark grey cloak and a black mask showing only showing the eyes.

Extra Stuff
Leader of Team Eradicar

Charismatic being able to sway the masses to Team Eradicar's favor(or possible lair)

Has a personal guard called the Void Watchers that carry out important missions

Age and history has not been discovered and anyone who has attempted to uncover such information often drop their pursuit and those who continue find themselves drafted into the Team

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Is it alright if I contribute a minor NPC-esque villain for team Erad? If not, that's okay. Just figured I'd offer. :3

Go ahead, but you have to PM me the app. A bit more on how the Team runs the region.

They operate by the Roman Panem et Circenses(bread and entertainment) keeping the public blind by Pokemon battles and good amounts of food while at the same time allowing some freedoms. However, they do rule with an iron fist and attempted rebellions have been crushed and manipulated to show that the rebels were the bad people. Anyone who speaks bad about the Team often finds themselves drafted into the Team.

Currently there is no resistance and police are funded by the Team which means that the cops aren't going to help you in any way. There is also a reservist military comprised of only Team members. Behind the scenes we get torture, executions, political prisoners and people from other regions(which are in really bad shape) imprisoned. There are even a few champions and Elite Four members among them.

For the Pokemon battles in the Region, the Elite Four are all Team Eradicar while the Champion is the President himself, though he only battled once and moped the floor with the challenger. Gym Leaders are just normal people.

The Pokecenters are not run by the government, but maintained through the local taxes and so quality varies. City centers will be better than rural ones, but rural ones have the benefit of having random Pokemon around the center in which you can capture while at the same time having a place to stay.

That's the run down. There are people who might help out the PCs, but they won't be many.

• Love
Go ahead, but you have to PM me the app. A bit more on how the Team runs the region.

They operate by the Roman Panem et Circenses(bread and entertainment) keeping the public blind by Pokemon battles and good amounts of food while at the same time allowing some freedoms. However, they do rule with an iron fist and attempted rebellions have been crushed and manipulated to show that the rebels were the bad people. Anyone who speaks bad about the Team often finds themselves drafted into the Team.

Currently there is no resistance and police are funded by the Team which means that the cops aren't going to help you in any way. There is also a reservist military comprised of only Team members. Behind the scenes we get torture, executions, political prisoners and people from other regions(which are in really bad shape) imprisoned. There are even a few champions and Elite Four members among them.

For the Pokemon battles in the Region, the Elite Four are all Team Eradicar while the Champion is the President himself, though he only battled once and moped the floor with the challenger. Gym Leaders are just normal people.

The Pokecenters are not run by the government, but maintained through the local taxes and so quality varies. City centers will be better than rural ones, but rural ones have the benefit of having random Pokemon around the center in which you can capture while at the same time having a place to stay.

That's the run down. There are people who might help out the PCs, but they won't be many.
Awesome! I love it! :D

Name:
Alex Amzi

Appearance:
__male_pkmn_trainer___commission_for_scattystorm___by_kysel-d5yaa2c.png

History:
Living in poverty wasn't a cakewalk as expected, but Alex tried to help his father out as much as he could. Still, living with only his dad who had a low-income job and had to answer to everyday violence in Detroit made things hell. Even fighting just to get to school became a daily ritual for Alex and despite his best efforts, Alex wasn't the best. He was determined and tried to make best of his situation, though. However, during one ill-fated walk to school Alex found himself at the end of a barrel of a person who hated him.

The man didn't have it in him to pull the trigger, instead just dropping the gun and running like hell. Alex was scared out of his wits refusing to go to school and only his father could coax him out of his newly dug hole. Even then Alex didn't leave the house and as a result his father had to watch him more.

One day Alex came down with a illness that left his lungs scarred and a respiratory condition. While not fatal it did leave him hospitalized. Money went into the medical bills, his father pulled late nighters, and Alex began growing anger with himself yet one day a woman surprised him. That woman was his mother who had divorced his father after he, and his twin brother, were born. The reasons weren't clear, but the twins were separated as a result, but when Alex was hospitalized his mother worried and came to visit him.

After Alex was released from the hospital his life was turned around. He left Detroit to live with his mother and smarter brother who helped to the best of his abilities on school work. Alex even started going to school again and his life became better. Only a few months passed though before he found himself sitting on a small blue thing that did not take a liking to.

Starting Pokemon:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140809015140/pokemon/images/e/eb/447Riolu_DP_anime.png

Equipment:
Inhaler
Navy-blue backpack
20 dollars
Lord of the Rings book 1
pair of boxing gloves
A cheap cell phone

Extra Stuff:
Suffers from a respiratory disease

Decent fighting skills(hand to hand)

A bit jumpy after the events in Detroit

Like to be headstrong which is a cursed blessing

With the GM's apps the Rp can start sometime tonight or tomorrow so get your apps up!

Love all the characters! :D

Starting up a post, now!

Also; I hope it's okay I changed Jess' starter to a Vulpix. ^^ I just realized it's a much better fit. XD

I'll have a post up later tonight.

[fieldbox="Character App, #b8c68a, solid"]Name:
Jamie Kirsch
Appearance:
Her short olive hair, minus the semi-side locks which falls down to her collarbone, often cause misunderstandings of her first impression. Her eyes are as golden as the maple syrup she often uses for smothering her breakfast in, although almost always hidden behind the lens of her thin brown u-frame glasses. Jamie is one of the few girls in her class who is on the taller side, standing around 175cm [~5'9"].

Being a high school student it is quite difficult to see Jamie in something other than her uniform, consisting of a crisp white blouse and a navy vest. Dark beige pants covers her legs, ending with a black pair of shoes that shines with polish. The tie around her neck is left in a cross-like shape. When she's jogging or doing exercises, she can be seen wearing her white/green track suit and pants instead.
History:
Despite being born to a family who owns a multimillionaire business, Jamie's upbringing was comparable to a typical middle-class family. This was because of Jamie's parents' plan for their sole daughter. They figured it would be difficult for her to adapt to the world if she started off on the 'top' so to speak [but didn't have the heart to make their daughter live the life of a pleb commoner] they decided to take the middle path. They didn't hold back in instructing their daughter just so, saying that unless she proved she was able to be successful with her own power, she would inherit nothing. Despite this, she was raised in a kind and intimate family of three and was able to grow up to her parents' expectations. As long as she was able to get good grades, she was allowed to pursue her interests within reason and 'poverty' became a surreal state of being on the other side of the electronic screens.

Speaking of electronic screens, as she grew up Jamie found herself immersed in modern technology. She never let her phone out of her possession for long, always texting or tweeting or fiddling with it one way or another. From there other accessories piled up in her must-bring-everywhere list including a charger and earphones. She wasn't able to fund them herself, but she used her leverage of her parents, haggling grade marks in return for buying her the things she wants. In that sense, due to the fact that she had to accomplish something in order to fulfill her love of technology, Jamie lived her life doing everything she can from studying to sports, even to video games as long as she was able to use it to make her parents see that she was capable.

A result from this lifestyle that she didn't bargained for was her tomboyish nature and her height. That, along with her husky voice and her shortish hair which she trimmed as it generally got in the way of her club activities, she found herself being mistaken as a boy. Jamie disliked this a lot, for while she may have attempted many boyish activities she was still a maiden at heart. The fact that she started walloping the guys in her class that called her that didn't really help better her reputation any better either. Regardless, due to her outgoing nature and love for technology attracted many friends, both online and offline.
Equipment:
  • Smartphone
  • Multi-socket solar/battery powered charger
  • wireless stereo earbuds
  • Waterproof/sealable tote bag
  • Digital Lens eyewear
    [promotes 'protection' of eyes from 'harmful' blue lights emitted from digital screens; more info here]
  • pepper spray in a bottle
  • stationary
  • track clothes
Extra Stuff:
  • As a member of the track and field club she isn't a stranger to leg-based exercises. It actually became routine for her to have hour-long jogs in the morning as the sun rises.
  • Jamie doesn't need glasses to see, they're just there because she was concerned of her eye health.
[/fieldbox]

couple questions.
-Do pokemon learn moves depending on their level?
-Are we following the type/movepool/status/etc from the most recent generation, or we following Pokemon D/P/P generation? Cuz Mawile became part-fairy so kinda wanna know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Jon

Appearance:
Jon wears quite simply an old worn pair of jeans that look like they are going to fall apart over a pair of baby blue leggings, a crewneck sweater, and old converse

kik-1321644686_jpg-jpg.60114

History:
Given his nature and the way he lives, Jon has an impeccably easy life. Even though his parents have been divorced for like thirteen years he doesn't blame any of his problems on them. He lives with his mom as he gets ready for college, its more of a lenient household. He spent time going through different groups of people until finding the people that truly accepted him.

He grew up raised on two big morals. 1. We are all equal, no matter sex,race,religion,sexuality, and so-on. Don't hate others just because. 2. Do onto others as they do unto you. From those he grew to be a kind person. He also learned over the years to save judgment for your not always right at first, so he trusts until there is a reason not to.

Now there was this one time in Jon's life that he spent a few nights in jail. He got caught burning down old decrepit houses. His mom and a good lawyer saved his pyro self from 3 years in jail, the judge though it was a fair enough for a 14 year old who was burning down abandoned houses.

Starting Pokemon:
Tender (Fennekin)

Equipment:

Pentagram Necklace
Swiss Army Knife
iPod touch with a few offline games and a ton of jams
Two packs of Cigarettes
A glass pipe and a pill bottle with 1/8 ounce of Blue Dream

A pair of Skull-candy headphones
Black leather bound notebook
Dark brown leather messenger bag
Matches, Flint and steel, lighter
Set of color pencils
Red,Black and Blue pens
A copy of The Unbearable Lightness Of Being

Extra Stuff:
Only child
Knows how to work with electricity
Loves cute things
Is a bit of a pryo
Smokes a bit of pot
Theme song

If it needs work let me know​

[fieldbox="Character App, #b8c68a, solid"]Name:
Jamie Kirsch
Appearance:
Her short olive hair, minus the semi-side locks which falls down to her collarbone, often cause misunderstandings of her first impression. Her eyes are as golden as the maple syrup she often uses for smothering her breakfast in, although almost always hidden behind the lens of her thin brown u-frame glasses. Jamie is one of the few girls in her class who is on the taller side, standing around 175cm [~5'9"].

Being a high school student it is quite difficult to see Jamie in something other than her uniform, consisting of a crisp white blouse and a navy vest. Dark beige pants covers her legs, ending with a black pair of shoes that shines with polish. The tie around her neck is left in a cross-like shape. When she's jogging or doing exercises, she can be seen wearing her white/green track suit and pants instead.
History:
Despite being born to a family who owns a multimillionaire business, Jamie's upbringing was comparable to a typical middle-class family. This was because of Jamie's parents' plan for their sole daughter. They figured it would be difficult for her to adapt to the world if she started off on the 'top' so to speak [but didn't have the heart to make their daughter live the life of a pleb commoner] they decided to take the middle path. They didn't hold back in instructing their daughter just so, saying that unless she proved she was able to be successful with her own power, she would inherit nothing. Despite this, she was raised in a kind and intimate family of three and was able to grow up to her parents' expectations. As long as she was able to get good grades, she was allowed to pursue her interests within reason and 'poverty' became a surreal state of being on the other side of the electronic screens.

Speaking of electronic screens, as she grew up Jamie found herself immersed in modern technology. She never let her phone out of her possession for long, always texting or tweeting or fiddling with it one way or another. From there other accessories piled up in her must-bring-everywhere list including a charger and earphones. She wasn't able to fund them herself, but she used her leverage of her parents, haggling grade marks in return for buying her the things she wants. In that sense, due to the fact that she had to accomplish something in order to fulfill her love of technology, Jamie lived her life doing everything she can from studying to sports, even to video games as long as she was able to use it to make her parents see that she was capable.

A result from this lifestyle that she didn't bargained for was her tomboyish nature and her height. That, along with her husky voice and her shortish hair which she trimmed as it generally got in the way of her club activities, she found herself being mistaken as a boy. Jamie disliked this a lot, for while she may have attempted many boyish activities she was still a maiden at heart. The fact that she started walloping the guys in her class that called her that didn't really help better her reputation any better either. Regardless, due to her outgoing nature and love for technology attracted many friends, both online and offline.
Equipment:
  • Smartphone
  • Multi-socket solar/battery powered charger
  • wireless stereo earbuds
  • Waterproof/sealable tote bag
  • Digital Lens eyewear
    [promotes 'protection' of eyes from 'harmful' blue lights emitted from digital screens; more info here]
  • pepper spray in a bottle
  • stationary
  • track clothes
Extra Stuff:
  • As a member of the track and field club she isn't a stranger to leg-based exercises. It actually became routine for her to have hour-long jogs in the morning as the sun rises.
  • Jamie doesn't need glasses to see, they're just there because she was concerned of her eye health.
[/fieldbox]

couple questions.
-Do pokemon learn moves depending on their level?
-Are we following the type/movepool/status/etc from the most recent generation, or we following Pokemon D/P/P generation? Cuz Mawile became part-fairy so kinda wanna know.
Also Accepted! Sorry about not getting to you sooner.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.