Pokemon: Soul Links

S

Sleepy Kitsune

Original poster
Greetings! Sleepy here looking for some feedback and interest checking for an idea i had and it goes a little something like this:

"Welcome new trainer to the small region of Veron! It's located off the coast of Kanto just north of the Sevi Islands. This region is mostly a tourist attraction mainly due to the vast amount of scenery that is offered from the sparkling beaches, lush forestry, and high rolling plains. However, this region does offer another attraction, The Veron Challenge! Trainers all over flock to this region in hopes of completing the challenge but very few have even come close to finishing it. 'What is the Veron Challenge?' 1 Partner! 4 Facilities! 1 Champion! You must travel through the region with your choice of 1 partner pokemon and challenge the facilities, once inside you must face a gauntlet of trainers before facing the Facility leader. If (and i do mean IF) you can manage to defeat the Facility Leader you will earn a surprise. You may be asking yourself 'what is the surprise?' well if i told you then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it? Now get out there and claim victory!"

After you arrive you begin to train hard with your pokemon and you begin to notice that your partner has become substantially stronger than it was before. when you two battle together you feel like you are connected as one with them and its almost as if your hearts beat as one. as you journey the bond gets stronger and stronger until you realize your souls are linked together and that's what powers the bond you have (think like the Ash-Greninja style Battle Bond concept just with other pokemon) your goal in this is to not only complete the challenge but to also uncover the secrets behind Soul Link.

As far as the group size, im willing to leave the group size uncapped, however if it starts to get too hectic then ill close it off and stick with what people we have.
Character wise, I'd like to see a variety of character traits and personalities, the more variety we have the spicier things get and there is more interactions that can arise from the mix.
Partners, you are free to choose any pokemon as your soul link except these:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Volcanion, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon. (yes there are some legendaries i allowed but just because you can pick one doesnt mean you should)

Any and all feedback is appreciated ideas and suggestions are all welcome.
Remember to Dream on! Sleepy out.

What do you mean no Cosmog Count me in!

Also since Ash-Greninja gets Battle Bond, does that mean our Pokemon loses their standard ability as well?

@Crow I might allow cosmog once i get the concept more fleshed out. as far as Abilities go, they keep their other abilities and the Soul Link effect is gonna be more like a Mega Evolution. They can still Mega evolve however you cant access the Soul link and vice versa so you have to chose wisely for the situation. Battles will be determined by dice rolls to keep battles fair and luck based just as if it were a real battle, so say you roll a 3 and your opponent rolls a 5, Mega Evolving gives a +2 to your roll resulting in a draw and Soul Linking gives a +3 to your roll resulting in your victory (npc Trainers and Leaders can't access Soul Links, only Mega Evolution so that also keeps things fair).

*PASTES MY FACE ON THIS* I am very, very interested, the bond between trainer and Pokemon has always intrigued me!

@Crow they keep their other abilities and the Soul Link effect is gonna be more like a Mega Evolution.

First I'm interested since I'm always down for Pokemon, the thing is that when Pokemon mega evolve they get a new ability, so will the Pokemon get a new ability after soul link or would they just keep their original ability?

@Cresion Breezes upon soul linking, the only thing that changes about them is the base stats go up (Think Totem Aura stat boosts but a bit stronger) and results in the power spike.