Pokemon: Soul Link

S

Sleepy Kitsune

Original poster
pokemon_b2w2_soul_link_logo_by_robin1291-da5t089.png

Plot/Setting
'You arrive home from a long day at school/work. You are tired and exhausted but your pokemon eagerly greet you as always, however something is different about their excitement. They seem to lead you to the mailbox and bounce eagerly awaiting you to check it. Upon opening it up you find a strange package and a letter inside. You don't remember ordering anything but your curiosity gets the better of you so you take it inside and investigate. Inside the box is a Ball Capsule, a Sticker Seal with the same logo on it as the letter you haven't opened yet, and an oblong case that looks like ts used to store badges of some sort. Setting the box aside, you carefully open the letter and read the enclosed message:
Congratulations! The time has come, the ports and air strip are finally open to the lush and tropical Veron Region, and YOU are invited! It's located off the coast of Kanto just north of the Sevi Islands. This region is mostly a tourist attraction mainly due to the vast amount of scenery that is offered from the sparkling beaches, lush forestry, and high rolling plains. However, this region does offer another attraction, The Veron Challenge! Trainers all over flock to this region in hopes of completing the challenge but very few have even come close to finishing it. 'What is the Veron Challenge?' 1 Partner! 4 Facilities! You must travel through the region with your choice of 1 partner pokemon and challenge the facilities. If you can manage to defeat all 4 Facility Leaders you will earn a surprise. You may be asking yourself 'what is the surprise?' well if i told you then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it? Now get out there and claim victory!
Upon your arrival, you start training right away, however you notice something strange about your partner. It seems that they have grown substantially stronger since you arrived, when you battle you feel connected as one. What could it mean? What is this new found power? Can it be useful in your quest?
Rules
  • Iwaku rules do apply, I shouldn't have to remind you of them
  • This is open to people of all ages so do keep things at or below PG-13. You can go further but do take it to a separate thread or PM's.
  • Character limit is: 3. just to keep things organized and less hecktic
  • ALL BATTLES WILL BE DETERMINED BY DICE ROLLS This way it keeps things fair, there is a risk of losing and it gives your characters incentive to keep training after a loss. You can use an online Dice Roller if need be (set it to roll 1 SIX side die) No character should have a 100% Win rate at all (unless you are super lucky and always high roll). The rules for battles are as follows
  • Both parties must consent to the battle. Don't force a battle on someone.​
  • Highest roll wins. Fair and square, however there are ways to modify your roll via Mega Evolution or Soul Linking
  1. MEGA EVOLUTION - Add +2 to your roll
  2. SOUL LINK - Add +3 to your roll
  • If you Soul Link, you CAN NOT Mega Evolve your partner, same goes for Mega Evolution, If you Mega Evolve, you CAN NOT Soul Link
  • If both parties final roll result in a tie, the battle ends in a draw
  • You MUST make mention somewhere on your first post in that battle what you rolled and if you are going to Soul Link or Mega. If you are unsure then you may chose mid-battle.
  • Partners, I have decided to allow ANY pokemon to be your partner as your soul link. however these pokemon are NOT able to Soul Link:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Volcanion, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon. (yes there are some legendaries i allowed)
  • As far as Legendaries go, I'm only allowing ONE (1) of each legendary on a first come first serve basis. You must ask me first if you want to use a legendary, otherwise your character will not be accepted (Ultra Beasts do not apply to the 'one of' clause since multiples of each Ultra Beast is cannon, however you still need to ask first)
Taken/Reserved Legendaries
Suicune
- Winter Wolf
Registeel - Lonely Keeper
More rules are to be added later on so do keep track of this section

Character Form
Name:
Appearance:
(can be a picture or description)
Motto:
(just a quote from your character)
Personality:
History:
(atleast 1 paragraph minimum. give life to your character. No perfect characters)
Crush:
(not required but if you want to, just ask the other person first)
Other info:

Partner:
Appearance:
(can be a picture, sprite or description)
Personality:
Moveset:
Ability:
History:
(just a brief history)

Castform Report!

"Cast Castform~!"
latest

Current weather: Sunny
Wild pokemon: Fire, Ground, Rock, Grass
Boosted Moves: Solarbeam, Solar Blade, Synthesis, Fire-type Moves

That's all there is for now, so get out there and have fun!
Remember, Dream on! Sleepy, out!​

Last edited by a moderator:
My Characters
Name: Clarissa Delponte
Appearance:
tumblr_ozeerjvrlz1ul26kbo1_500.jpg

Motto: "Life is like the ocean, one second it can be calm and peaceful the next, its ripping and roaring." - Clarissa
Personality: If she ever has allot on her mind, she knows the perfect wave is out there to clear her mind. She can be a bit impulsive at times and it leads to some awkward situations but some how some way she usually finds a way out. Clarissa will always come to the aid of a friend in need even if it means putting herself on the line for them. Normally she is happy go lucky and super friendly however once she gets into battle or on the board, she becomes like a totally different person.
History: Clarissa Delponte's parents originally were from Alola on Akala Island. Their jobs however forced them to move all the way to over to Melemele Island and that is where Clarissa was born. When she turned 9, her father hand crafted her favorite surf board as a birthday present. After allot of practice, she quickly became well known for her surfing skills and just barely made top 5 on the ranking board at the surf spot. She could always be found snuggled into the warm sands soaking up the sun or out on the water carving up a choice wave or two. Clarissa also met her partner Wake on the beach one faithful night.
Crush: Open only if you are up for the challenge
Likes: Flowers, Food, Battles, Drawing, Watching the sunset
Dislikes: Bullies, Poison type pokemon, bitter food, cocky attitudes
Other info:

Partner: Alola Raichu (Wake)
Appearance:
raichu-alolan.png

Personality: Jolly, bubbly, determined
Moveset:
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Wish
Ability: Surge Surfer
History: After Clarissa turned 13, Wake (a Pichu at the time) washed up on shore waterlogged and weak as she was coming in from a surf session. Clarissa rushed over to help the poor pokemon. She gently scooped it up and brought it to the pokecenter to get help. The whole time it was there she didnt leave his side until she knew he was ok. Once he was released from the pokecenter, Wake grew attached to Clarissa and started following her, he even tried copying her by trying to learn how to surf so he could get closer to her. Eventually Clarissa decided to capture him and the two have been together ever since.

Name: Adriel Rhoads
Appearance:
tumblr_static_i_will_rule_by_akirafuijwara-d6wko9p.jpg

Motto: "Every outcome has been calculated... by me~"
Personality: Calm and calculating, Adriel will go any length to assure her victory is assured. she can become so consumed by her calculations she often forgets the primary objective she is working on.
History: Adriel was born in the heart of Castelia City, in her younger years she loved studying pokemon in great detail, she wanted to know what makes them tick. She aced her schooling and graduated top of her class in the trainer school leading her to get recruited by Professor Juniper as a Lab Assistant at the young age of 18. After just 2 months of working for Juniper, her work was discovered by none other than Team Plasma's own Colress. He tracked her down and ended up convincing her to join Team Plasma as his personal Assistant. Although wary at first, she eventually accepted his offer and proceeded to work for Team Plasma. She worked hand in hand with Colress on all of his machines and devices, he even inspired her change of wardrobe and hair style. Eventually he left to go to Alola for research and left Adriel at the Plasma base to watch over things and that is when she received the letter to go to Veron.
Crush: Open to anyone
Likes: Pokemon science, Analyzing things, spicy food, Moomoomilkshakes
Dislikes: dull conversation, distractions, crowds, sour food
Other info: Her eye piece lets her quickly analyze her opponents and quickly form a strategy

Partner: Molly (Celesteela)
Appearance:
tumblr_ol5uffdohE1rqx7p1o1_1280.jpg

Personality: Shy and reserved, Molly is the living definition of "gentile giant". Once it warms up to a new person it's favorite thing to do is to mother them. If anyone threatens or harms Adriel or her friends its like a switch was flipped and it becomes extremely aggressive and hostile towards that person.
Moveset:
Heavy Slam
Leech Seed
Flamethrower
Protect
Ability: Beast Boost
History: Molly originated in Ultra Space in the Ultra Crater. It spent it's time floating about aiding other Celesteela that had crashed until it was drug out by the call of Necrozma and it crash landed in Alola. It remained stuck until Colress saved it by capturing it. He then sent Molly back to Adriel as a gift from his travels. At first Molly was extremely hostile towards Adriel thinking she was the one who took her from her home but after allot of work and allot of calculations, Adriel finally began to get Molly to calm down and trust her.

• Love
Reactions: 2RAD4u
Name: Dylan Cooper
Appearance:
0d504edd27ac1bd5219e4a9926b0fd51.jpg

Motto:
"Oh sweet baby Jesus, that was unexpected"
Personality:
Dylan has the patience of a saint, he hardly ever gets angry, but when he does, oh boy you better be running because his anger is explosive and if you are standing too close, his left hook is deadly in the right situations. Dylan is a sweet guy, he enjoys giving accessories to his pokemon. Dylan is entirely comfortable with who he is and will sometimes wear female clothes if he is feeling like it. Dylan is an extremely empathetic and trusting person, so he takes the loss of friendships hard and if he sees someone he cares out in plain he tends to share their pain in his own heart which tends to make him very emotional. Dylan also does not handle having a lot of stress well, if he is too stressed he tends to be a lot more emotional and gets snippy with people.
History:
Dylan grew in a strained household, his mothers where constantly arguing until they finally divorced. The divorce was a mostly clean thing till they got to the part about who would get custody over him. It took forever but eventually one of his mothers got him and they moved to Kalos from Unova. He had a Dino that he got from his other mother who stayed in Unova after the divorce that he gets to visit every summer. He named his cute little Dino Lucifur or Luci for short and she has become his best friend.
Crush: nobody at the moment, but you're willing to try
-Sweets of all kind, especially chocolate or red velvet cake
-Luci, his hydreigon
-affection, any and all kinds
-he likes bug types and snake pokemon
-clothing shows, dressing up himself and Luci
Dislikes:
-people yelling makes him uncomfortable
-he hates it when he starts to cry
-he doesn't like his laugh
-most phone calls make him all shaky and nervous
Other info:

Partner: Lucifur "Luci"
Appearance:
Hydreigon.full.2174907.png

Personality:
Luci is shy and sweet with a quiet nature, she's not a fan of meeting new people and pokemon and will often try to hide herself behind Dylan. Luci tends to get all huffy though when Dylan is being taken advantage of and will not hesitate to dragon pulse you in the face.
Moveset:
Dragon pulse
Flash Cannon
Fire blast
Charge beam
Ability: Levitate
History:
Luci was actually captive breed and captive born, she was never wild at any point of her life. This tends to make her a little more docile and tame then wild born Hydreigon. She was bought my Dylan's mom from her fellow hatchlings and given to Dylan as a gift. She loved Dylan instantly and promised to always protect him.

@Sleepy Kitsune I've never used dice or did a Pokémon roleplay before. Please bear with me.
Is this okay?

• 【☆】Will be updated accordingly.
    Name: Hector Musial
    Nicknames: Heck (only lets his closest friends call him this because it's funny), Hecks
    Sex/Gender: Male
    Appearance: 5'8". Hair is a dark brown, a wavy undercut. He has relatively fair skin that has been sprinkled with freckles due to amounts of sun exposure he gets, mostly on his shoulders, cheeks, ears, bridge of his nose, and hands. Hector has bright brown eyes and lips such a natural shade of light pink he doesn't need to apply lipstick (his least favorite part about himself). A small leather satchel can be found across his chest and at his side. Hector's favorite color is purple and has applied this in little areas of his wardrobe, typically in the form of ponytail holders on his right wrist and t-shirts. He counts on his dark leather work boots to take him places and jeans to keep him covered. The only piece of jewelry he tolerates are the black studs in his ears.
    Motto & Quotes: "Crying gets you a whole lotta nowhere. Try not to do it in front of me, OK?"
    "Hal, get yourself together!"

Personality: Hector's up and straightforward, quick to judge, and leaves no room for confusion. Though, that tough-guy act can melt away like it was nothing with the right words. A little lazy, introverted. He's persistent, but knows his limits and often won't take risks unless inspired or riled up. He either likes you or he doesn't, and oh you'll know it when he doesn't. Passive-aggressive at the most, he won't go to extremes, and name-calling isn't his thing. With the right kind of person, Hector will show small signs of affection, but he doesn't hand them out like candy, so they gotta be special.
    Likes: The outdoors, Fairy-type Pokémon ("They're so unnatural, like the polar opposite of Ghost-types. Too flowery, it's freaking me out."), listening to music
    Dislikes: When things are too clean, being indoors for so long, sweet food, mornings, eating in front of people
    History: Born and raised in Oreburgh, Sinnoh, Hector had been constantly surrounded by the physically-tough, both in terms of Pokémon and humans. His father worked with the Oreburgh Mine and managed some parts of the Museum, causing him to move around for business quite often. His mother was just as absorbed in her career as an archaeologist, travelling the world to newer regions. As an only child, that would've been tough for some other kids--and no doubt, it was at times--but Hector's parents never failed him. They made time for him whenever they could and he trusted them both to return on time.
    The children around Oreburgh were like their atmosphere: tough, relentless, and there were a few that played just plain dirty. Hector learned to avoid these, usually by himself most of the time, making up games inside his head or acting them out with the few friends he had. His independence can be both a strength and a weakness. When he turned sixteen, his mother brought him to Unova with her for the summer, studying the Relic Castle. This was also when he met his first companion, Hal. Once the summer was over, Hector took Hal back to Sinnoh with him where they visited nearly every place in the region, always coming back home to Oreburgh when they were satisfied with their findings. The Mine wasn't at all his most favorite place to be, he still loved to explore places he's never been. An adventurer at heart, that's all he's looking for out of life. He used to want to be an archaeologist with his mother, but that dream died when he figured he didn't have the brain. Instead, being a traveler is just as rewarding.

Other Facts: Not into girls, secretly hates to battle, as strong as a horse (though he won't admit it) from working in the Mines

@hyphen-addict Thats a ok. it's not hard to pick up the dice method. My first post in the Rp once it is started (gonna wait for at least 1 or 2 more people to join) is actually going to demonstrate the Dice feature of this rp with a NPC trainer so newer people will get the gist of it.
Everything looks to be in order! You are clear for takeoff. Accepted!

Gonna need to remind myself to post here.

Hmmm... allowed legendaries and a need to start fully-evolved, I've got just the one.

Reactions: NinjaCat07
@Crow You are gonna chose cosmog arent you? <w<

Also side not guys, i changed allot about my character (Appearance, Personality, History, and Partner History) give it a look see if you like. (I just had the cutest idea for her and went with it over the princess-esqu one i had going)

@Crow You are gonna chose cosmog arent you? <w<

Also side not guys, i changed allot about my character (Appearance, Personality, History, and Partner History) give it a look see if you like. (I just had the cutest idea for her and went with it over the princess-esqu one i had going)
The additional Partner History is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to get this started (been eyeing it for a few days...).
I really like the in-depth changes you made to Clarissa. she comes to life a little bit more!

I am considering Cosmog, but all others have in mind starting with fully evolved chaps, which seems neccessary based on the tensity of the environment.

What do you think, Kitsune? Is it wise to start with a NFE Pokemon?

• Love
Gonna remind myself to join this.
You guys can probably guess what Pokemon I'm going with.

@hyphen-addict Thanks! im still learning how to properly flesh out a character (even though ive been rping for 10 years now...) it also falls in line better thematically.

@Crow if it makes the choice easier for you, the last time i did this rp on a different site i had a person legitimately sweep the entire challenge with a Dunsparce. In that iteration i was the only one allowed to roll dice and this guy got super lucky every time. Though it was hilarious to see how he made his Dunsparce take out a Mega Rayquaza

@Cresion Breezes Feel free to join up. so far we have quite the first wave of colorful trainers.

• Love

[USER=9856]@Crow
if it makes the choice easier for you, the last time i did this rp on a different site i had a person legitimately sweep the entire challenge with a Dunsparce. In that iteration i was the only one allowed to roll dice and this guy got super lucky every time. Though it was hilarious to see how he made his Dunsparce take out a Mega Rayquaza
[/USER]

*Shrugs
[Gen 7] Pokebank Anything Goes replay: Stunfisk1234 vs. Emanuelhooh - Pokémon Showdown[/user]

• Haha
I am tempted by this! However I am curious that if I choose to have a partner pokemon evolve, how will that effect things moveset wise and such ?

also are shinies allowed too ?

@Cresion Breezes that is hilarious Stunfisk is one of my favorite pokemon and that just made my night

@FrozenOcelot as far as NFE pokemon go, you can do it either just submit the stage 1 pokemon and as the rp goes on update your partner's moves and appearance or you can just submit each evolution and show the moveset for each one. As far as shinies go, yes you may use shiny pokemon as your partner. im not picky just as long as we dont have like 50 of them running around

• Love
Haha the person battling is actually me, I love stunfisk too.

• Love
@Cresion Breezes that is hilarious Stunfisk is one of my favorite pokemon and that just made my night

@FrozenOcelot as far as NFE pokemon go, you can do it either just submit the stage 1 pokemon and as the rp goes on update your partner's moves and appearance or you can just submit each evolution and show the moveset for each one. As far as shinies go, yes you may use shiny pokemon as your partner. im not picky just as long as we dont have like 50 of them running around
Gotcha I’ll get to work on a CS sheet soon enough~ thanks for replying!

Character Form
Name:
Serena Markava

Appearance:

daf6f2e8429ff941cbc9c7ef5faaa5ef.jpg

Motto:
"I tease because I care~"

Personality:
Serena is laid back girl with almost an always positive outlook on situations good or bad. To those around her they always know her as Serena or as she calls herself occasionally (with those she's close to especially) Big sis. Looking out for her friends is always something on her mind when she isn't having fun. As long as everyone gets home safe she can rest easy. Along with this comes her teasing personality but its a caring kind of teasing too. When she's in competitions or battles however this game face comes on and she's in it to win it and have fun even if she loses. It takes a lot to get Serena mad or angry but if she catches her friends hurt, being picked on or being singled out, the big sis attitude comes out and she doesn't play nice with those who upset her and her friends. After all is said and done though, Serena likes to always kick back, relax and hang out with those around her.

History:
From a young age Serena had aspired to take life head on with varying results and this especially applied when it came to Pokemon. However while trying to prove her worth with her battling skills her attendance at classes slowly started dropping much to the dismay of her parents which caused many an argument in her home. Fight after fight it started wearing on her and after some long and hard thinking with her parents she managed to slowly work out her times to study and her times to battle without letting either one get too rusty on her. At 17 she had become an infamous trainer in her neighborhood for always being happy even with odds stacked against her especially with her partner Pokemon of choice. Needless to say her experience with her partner only grew as the years went on. The sudden arrival of an invitation brought new challenges ahead and it was all the more reason for the girl to attend this event and also meet some new people along the way (as well as tease and pull their cheeks like a big sis should~)

Voice:

Crush:
Open but good luck~

Friendly Teasing
New friends
Acting like her big sisterly self
Music
Sun, surf and beaches
Training

Dislikes:
Others being picked on
Getting angry
Being on a HARD losing streak
Others picking on Pokemon

Other info:
While Bi she prefers girls overall on her preferences~

Partner: Wimpod (Nine's)
Appearance:
wimpod.jpg

Personality:
Shy and timid but puts on a game and brave face when it comes to battling and being encouraged by his trainer Serena

Moveset:
Metal Claw
Taunt
Scald
Leech Life

Ability:
Wimp Out

History: Nines came to serena in the form of an egg before eventually becoming the primary partner of the girl after long and tiring nights of watching the egg wobble and shake. While many quickly laugh off the fact that a trainer like Serena uses a wimpod, the pokemon like its trainer will fight until its told to stop especially if mocked and pushed further and further. The pokemon as well as the trainer are still trying to find a way to push Nine's to evolve and become even stronger. But for now this Wimpod has enjoyed life with Serena, travelling around for many years seeing new lands, taking well earned rests and enjoying its exciting life with Serena.

[Will update when needed during the RP]

Last edited: