Pokemon Showdown Tournament [Closed for New Entries] Semi-Finals!

Do you come here to Watch or Compete

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

Update 9/15 15:05PST
-----
Details on the Wild Card Event
The four players listed above are the only ones who can compete in the wild card event. There will be two Phases to this Wild Card Event.

Phase One, Extra Life Event:
Starting on 9/19 10amPST through 9/23 11:59pm you four may challenge ME to a match vs my Champion Team! You must compete in a best 3-5, and there is no rematch clause. You get one shot at beating me. If you do beat me, you will have an extra life when moving on into Phase Two of the Wild Card Event. All Rules from the event still apply.

Phase Two, Wild Card Elimination Matches:
After 9/23, I will be randomly pairing the four of you into pairs in which you will face off in a best 2-3 match. If you loose, you are out of the running for making it to the final event. The two winners will face each other in a best 3-5 match, and the winner of that match will move on to face with the Victors in the final Showdown Throwdown! If you have an extra life, you must still post the results of the battle and declare who is using their extra life. Every single match must be shared no matter what. Failure to do so may have you disqualified from proceeding forward. If a player makes it to the winner's bracket and have an extra life, they may use it if defeated in that matchup, but it will not carry over to the main event.
-----​

cropped-random_pokemon_cover-474268.jpg

An Idea came to mind... "What if we set up a pokemon event for all the Pokemon lovers out there where you had to run a gauntlet of battles, going against different Iwaku members who were the Gym Leaders, and Finally the Elite Four and Champion!"

What this would be:

Iwaku members signing up to be Gym Leaders following the same rules as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be an Elite Four Member following the same rule as they do, picking a type and using pokemon of that type.
Iwaku members signing up to be the Champion, making a balanced team to challenge the players.

As players:
Players who can complete all 13 battles will be put into a Pokemon Tournament, organized by me, to compete for a grand prize that I would decide on closer to the actual tournament itself. The first 8 players to complete the event would be entered into the tournament, and the victor would walk away with the prize and bragging rights of being Iwaku's champion!!

Rules About your TEAM
  1. Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  2. Players cannot have two Items that are the same on on their team
  3. Players cannot use banned Pokemon (List found below).
  4. Players may only use ONE Pokemon from the Restricted List (List found below). That means that if you have Mega-Lucario, you may not use any other pokemon from the restricted list.
  5. Teams are LOCKED and Cannot be changed once Submitted
    5a. Meaning you pick 6 pokemon, and that is who you battle all gym leaders with, and who you will submit for the pokemon tournament at the end. Switching a Pokemon from your team Requires you to start the challenge all over again starting with the first Gym Leader.
  6. Pokemon Base Stat Totals May NOT Exceed: 3,600
    1. *Meaning of this rule is that the total of your Base Stats of all 6 of your Pokemon cannot exceed the 3,600 Limit. (See Below for more)
  7. A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  8. A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  9. A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.
  10. Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle.
  11. Players cannot use the move Swagger.
  12. Players can only have the move Barton Pass on one Pokemon's move set.
  13. Players can only put one Pokemon asleep at a time. This is an Uber Tier rule. If you try to put a Pokemon to sleep and there is already one asleep on their team, the second Pokemon will instantly wake up. This is less of a rule and a notice so players are aware of it.

hW0JKFb.png
---------------------

Games That Can Be Used
POKEMON SHOWDOWN!!!
-------------------------------

Gym Leaders~!!

• Gym Leader 1: @Xnijmai
    c3zE8dg.png
    Type-Bug (Gym is Closed Monday and Thursday, open any other day!) Showdown Name: Xnijmai

• Gym Leader 2: @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
    dn3jxT7.png
    Type-Ice (Open After 1PM CEST on Monday, Open every other day after 3:30PM CEST, Closed on Friday) Showdown Name: MrPika777

• Gym Leader 3: @Aergia
    qgcsaYP.png
    Type- Fairy (Gym is Open Monday-Friday 8PM-11PM AEST, Saturday 10AM-5PM *closed for lunch from 5PM-7PM* Open again Saturday from 8PM-11PM AEST, Sunday 3PM-10PM AEST) Showdown Name: Candy10243

• Gym Leader 4: @GlassTrinity
    vWXGyTC.png

bzP5w07.png
    Type-Fighting (Gym is Open from 11:30PM-6:30am CDT Weekdays) Showdown Name: GlassTrinity

• Gym Leader 5: @Ruby.
    lolita-png.106632

xsJZIW6.png
    Type-Psychic (Gym is open after 9am every day!) Showdown Name: BleedingRuby★

• Gym Leader 6: @Gummi Bunnies
    x3FNAZ9.png
    Type-Steel (Gym is open every day after 5PM PST, may have limited weekends sometimes!) Showdown Name: Gummi Bunnies

• Gym Leader 7: @Gwazi Magnum
    Gq2HSs4.png
    Type-Fire (Gym is Closed Wednesday and Saturday. Open Every other day GMT) Showdown name: Gwazi Magnum

• Gym Leader 8: @DapperDogman
    o3dp052.png
    Type-Rock (Open Everyday after 4PMGMT) Showdown Name: DapperDogman

--

• Elite Four Member 1: @Sen
    3CRUIBv.png
    Type-Water (Gym is open Monday-Friday 5PM-12AM AEST, Saturdays 2PM-2AM AEST, Sundays 2PM-12AM AEST) Showdown Name: senapii

• 9Utl9C2.png
    Elite Four Member 2: @Opal Type-Dark (Gym is Open after 9:30pm MST, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday Open nearly all day!) Showdown Name: Lamias

• Elite Four Member 3: @Mahariel
    o1STlMc.png

lc126YI.png
    Type-Poison (Gym is Closed on Wednesdays: MST) Showdown Name: Kylulu

• Y26yj5T.png
    Elite Four Member 4: @Moonlit Blade Type-Dragon (Gym is Open 10PM-1AM EST every day!) Showdown Name: Moonlit Blade

• Champion: @F0X
    Hello my Lovelies~ Its so wonderful for you to peer upon me. I am the Shapeshifting Seductress, F0X! Please, won't you come face me, the champion of the Iwaku Pokemon League? I am quite impressed that you've fought so hard. You have taken on each and every one of my lovely Gym Leaders? Quite impressive... Or do you look to me in desire, longing to stand before me?

Beware, before I'm through with you I'll have you submitting at my feet, begging for mercy. Who knows... If I'm in a good mood, I might just give it to you... But, I can't make any promises~ See you all at the end, my dear, sweet, lovely trainers.
    46159_s.gif

JzWId6L.png
    (Gym Closed Wednesdays, Limited on Weekends PST. Open Every other day from 11AM-2AM PST. Subject to be missing a few hours during the days) Showdown Name: F0X7713
    Special Rematch Clause for Battling the Champion:
    You may choose at the start of every best of 1 against the Champion: To have a best 2/3 Match, OR a best 3/5 match. Everything else about the clause stands normally, but you may choose then which type of rematch clause you'd like to use. You may choose a new type of rematch clause at the start of each day, but once you choose in the best of one match, you cannot change.

--

-----------------------
Gym Types Still Open!
Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Ice, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, Fairy
What does it take to by a Gym Leader?
1. Only use Pokemon of One type. Duel type Pokemon are fine and encouraged as much as uni-type Pokemon.
2. List Your Availability. Clearly Gyms aren't going to be available all the time, but we are going to need Gym Leaders who are available to battle with contestants regularly! So please, list what times you are not open for battling. Having too little availability may have your submission to become a gym leader rejected.

SPECIAL RULES ABOUT GYM LEADER'S TEAMS!!

1. Gym Leaders Will have a team of 6 Pokemon.
2*. Gym Leaders May NOT exceed a Base Stat Total of: 3,300
3*. Elite Four Members May NOT exceed a Base Stat Total of: 3,500
*Meaning of this rule is that the total of your Base Stats of all 6 of your pokemon cannot exceed the Values for your Gym.

Rules Pertaining Showdown Itself:
Format: Ubers
You must Share your battle after a victory here in the thread. To upload a replay, click "Share" or use the command /savereplay in a Pokémon Showdown battle! Then once you have "Shared" it, post it here in the thread stating who you battled. Only do this for Victories. You may also use this feature to report a player if they are breaking one of the listed rules.

-----------------------

How to Sign Up
Send me a PM with the Title being "Pokemon Trainer" Or "Pokemon Gym Leader".
In your message, you must have a screenshot of your team in the following format:
WnIz5ED.png
In Your message, you must tell me what your Pokemon Showdown Name is.

-----------------------
List of competitors!
@Aois Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Aois Victory Status: Steel
@Atomyk Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Werites Victory Status: Bug
@Nim Team Confirmed!! Showdown Names: MrNimNom Victory Status:
@LuckycoolHawk9 Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Scoobycool9 Victory Status: Fighting
@Limeypanda Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name is: Limeypanda Victory Status: Victor!
@Princess Poisoned Rose Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: PoisonedRose Victory Status:
@Eon Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Nerdking527 Victory Status: Ice
@Maxim Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Maxim Victory Status: Victor!
@SugaarCereal Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: SugaarCereal Victory Status:
@Josh M Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Josh M Victory Status: Fairy
@Requiem Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Zaigou Victory Status:
@Ixidor92 Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Ixidor92 Victory Status: Victor!
@Enthriper
[spoili]
trainer_ent_by_enthriper-da0oz6h.png
[/spoili]
Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Enthriper Victory Status:
@NoHope Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Riopop Victory Status:
@Shadow Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Shadow104 Victory Status: Rock
@Snoopy Team Confirmed!! Showdown Name: Victory Status: Fire
-----------------------

Tournament Specific Rules!
Rematch Policy
A Trainer may request a rematch after a loss with a Gym Leader/Elite Four Member. They will then have to complete a best 2-3 match against the Gym/E4 in order to advance. If they loose this bout, they may not challenge the Gym Leader again for 24 hours.

Concede Policy
A Trainer may Concede their team from the tournament at any time. If they feel they need to remake their team, or they feel they are unable to participate in the event anymore, they may concede. When you Concede your team, you may remake your team and start the event from Gym 1 and work through the battles all over again! A trainer must resubmit their new team again in order to participate, and it must be approved by F0X before a battle can be requested.

Order Policy
The order that Trainers must complete the Gyms are as listed above starting with Gym 1 and going in numerical order until you reach the Champion. After completing each Gym, you will submit your video as proof of your victory tagging @F0X so that I can see it. Once I have verified your victory, I will award you an image courtesy of @WhisperingWillows of a badge case with your badges in it! There will be a different image for each gym completed, and you may put it in your Signature to show off your awesome badges if you'd like! Once you've collected all the badges and defeated the Champion, you will be entered into the final tournament. Only the first 8 players to complete the event will be entered into the tournament.

Cheating Policy
If any Trainer is caught cheating due to breaking one of the listed rules above, you will have to start the event from the beginning of the entire event. If caught cheating a second time, you will be disqualified completely and put on a black list. I certainly hope this doesn't have to happen. If Gym Leaders or Elite Four Members are EVER caught cheating, they must step down from their position and another member who is on a reserve list may take that spot. After a 1 Week Probation Period, that member may enter the tournament as a Trainer, but the same rules apply for cheating a second time.

Rules about the Tournament are still TBT, but they shall be posted as soon as they are finalized.

-----------------------

F.A.Q.
Q. Do I have to battle the Gym Leaders in the order listed above?
A. Yes, you must. The only exception to this is if the Gym Leader says that they are going to be out of town for more than a few days (Like a week) and they have contacted me about it. I will make an announcement on the thread and make a note in their Gym Profile.

Q. Can I make changes to moves after I enter the event?
A. No. Nothing, and I mean 0%, can be changed about your team once you start the event. You may use the Concede Policy at any time, and once your team has been submitted and reviewed by me, you may start the event again.

Q. What if I have some sort of Internet Issue with Showdown? Does that mean I have to do a 2/3 match even though I didn't get to compete fully?
A. The Gym Leader in this case MUST submit the video and support the claim that they disconnected. DC's can happen, but if there is suspicion that a forced DC happened after "scouting" out the gym, that will count as a loss. To prevent this, in the case of a DC into Rematch, both Gym Leader and Trainer MUST enter battle with the same pokemon that they did the first time.

Q. What if I accidentally enter with one of my other teams by mistake?
A. I HIGHLY recommend you naming your team something that stands out so that this doesn't happen. If the Gym Leader sees you have a team that you didn't submit with, that is in line for instant DQ and restart. However, honest mistakes happen. Again in this case, the video from showdown must be submitted, and until I give the green light.

Q. So for the rematch policy does the initial loss count?
A. No it does not. It is a clean slate best 2/3 match. So, if you lost your best of 1, you get to battle a best 2/3 starting with a 0-0 record. If you loose that as well, you cannot issue another rematch for 24 hours.
-----------------------

-----
Details on the Wild Card Event
The four players listed above are the only ones who can compete in the wild card event. There will be two Phases to this Wild Card Event.

Phase One, Extra Life Event:
Starting on 9/19 10amPST through 9/23 11:59pm you four may challenge ME to a match vs my Champion Team! You must compete in a best 3-5, and there is no rematch clause. You get one shot at beating me. If you do beat me, you will have an extra life when moving on into Phase Two of the Wild Card Event. All Rules from the event still apply.

Phase Two, Wild Card Elimination Matches:
After 9/23, I will be randomly pairing the four of you into pairs in which you will face off in a best 2-3 match. If you loose, you are out of the running for making it to the final event. The two winners will face each other in a best 3-5 match, and the winner of that match will move on to face with the Victors in the final Showdown Throwdown! If you have an extra life, you must still post the results of the battle and declare who is using their extra life. Every single match must be shared no matter what. Failure to do so may have you disqualified from proceeding forward. If a player makes it to the winner's bracket and have an extra life, they may use it if defeated in that matchup, but it will not carry over to the main event.
-----

WELCOME TO THE IWAKU GRAND FINALS!!!!
Must click this link while you read!!!
The Contestants!!
1. @Maxim
2. @LimeyPanda
3. @Ixidor92
4. @Snoopy

The RULES:
1. This will be a Double Elimination format Tournament. If you have never seen or competed in a Double Elimination Tournament, you will see what it looks like when I post the bracket. (Since I am nice, THIS is what it will look like)
2. The Matches will be best 2/3 Matches, except the Finals, which will be best 3/5. All Rules to the Normal Event Still Apply.
3. BOTH Players ARE REQUIRED to save the replays. The WINNER IS REQUIRED to post the results in the thread.
4. This is a pseudo rule... But players SHOULD try to tag me or get my attention if able or one of the E4 members like @Sen @Mahariel @Opal or @Moonlit Blade so that we can watch and be another set of eyes on the fight! We WANT to watch, but having someone there to make sure things go right is good too!
5. Another pseudo rule... Players should try to coordinate their battles AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, but also don't rush a player into battling. I am not putting a strict time limit on the finals, but if a player does hold up the event for too long, or is unable to compete for whatever reason, I may have to consider DQing them from the event. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS!!!

Now... The reason why you're all here... (I hope not but I did hear a lot of begging to know!! >.<)

The Prize Support:
Unfortunately, we only got a total of 4 people for this final event, so ONLY the Finalist will be getting a prize. The prize is one of the following:
Option 1: An Art Piece from the lovely @Mahariel with your personal persona/pokemon! I don't think Mahariel is going to be able to do the FULL 6 Pokemon, but the finalist can put in their request, and Mahariel can work with them on the final piece. However, if art isn't the finalist's cup of tea, there is one other option for a reward...

Option 2: A Perfect, Non-Legendary Pokemon for their Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS 3ds game! What this means is you will request a Non-Legendary Pokemon, specify what you want, and you'll get it! Meaning if it can be played in Showdown, it can be done! I cannot accept requests for Shiny Pokemon, but Perfect means: 6 Perfect IV's, Desired Nature, Desired Gender, Desired Ability, Desired Moveset, and Desired EV Spread.

And there you have it!! The finals are now open!! Let the Battles Commence! Good luck to everyone, and congratulations for making it this far. I look forward to watching all of your battles to come!!

-----​

Congratulations with your (easy) victories, @Eon and @Maxim! I doubt my team more for every defeat...

gwn5uUF.png

Your Glaze Badges!

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword Remember... When it comes down to it we are obstacles that are destined to one day be passed. As a tool to test trainers your purpose is to be beaten, but so long as you didn't make it easy for them and gave it your all then there is honor in your ice types. Remember that and ignore all else.

Congratulations with your (easy) victories, @Eon and @Maxim! I doubt my team more for every defeat...

gwn5uUF.png

Your Glaze Badges!
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword Remember... When it comes down to it we are obstacles that are destined to one day be passed. As a tool to test trainers your purpose is to be beaten, but so long as you didn't make it easy for them and gave it your all then there is honor in your ice types. Remember that and ignore all else.
You do you, booh~

Also, if anyone wants to practice against any random teams; I've got like...4 sets now which are about Tournament power level and ready to go.

Oh jesus how many people do I have to battle today????????

Just send me an invite because I'm ready to battle...

Hopefully

Oh jesus how many people do I have to battle today????????

Just send me an invite because I'm ready to battle...

Hopefully
I mean, you don't have to battle me, but I'm bored and just found out I have an extra 3 days for this assignment; so...

Sorry for skipping out last night, @Limeypanda. Laptop died and I figured I may as well sleep. :(

Sorry for skipping out last night, @Limeypanda. Laptop died and I figured I may as well sleep. :(
I figured as much :P.

It's fine though, cus that means I'm 1-0 up.

I might remake my team if I lose to @Gummi Bunnies again. All depends on how badly me or him loses.

It seems my superpower for this thread is to ask gym leaders for a challenge JUST as they are getting offline :/
@F0X
If you ever do turn this into a role-play (which I would totally join) I might just make that a character flaw

Alright my new and improved but technically the same team's ready for battle!
@Xnijmai You better get ready for our second battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.