Pokémon RP (Interest Check)

MrStoryTeller

A simple smile could make someone's day.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, fandom, medieval, scifi
Use the 7 regions. (I know there is eight now but I don't want to include it as it was just announced and not a lot of info on it.)

1-2 people per region.

The idea is that this is like an RPG style adventure. You start out as a basic, new trainer but you don't have to stick to that idea. As you go through the region, you start to learn and become what you want. Whether that be a trainer, breeder, professor, gym leader, elite four member, contest performer, joining a gang like team rocket, or other basic ideas like being a doctor, opening a business, being a fisherman, photographer, or anything you could think of doing. You will not be limited to just battling all the time. Having two people per region is all I want so you can at least have a rival at some point if you want it or you can end up meeting one another and travel around. Maybe become the best double team in that region, who knows! The point is to, allow you to enjoy Pokémon but also, do something different in the world of Pokémon that the games do not allow you to do.

I think I will make it so that all the Pokémon that are out will be available in each region. Not sure yet though.

You will be selecting from the starters though for each region when you start and you will build up your team as you go. No starting out with a full fledge developed team.

For myself, I am not yet sure if I want to be a player in the story or be more like a GM and narrate the story and make scenarios for each region. Something I will think on.

More questions will come as interest is shown or if any is shown at that, this was just an idea I came up with and I have wanted to try to lead an RP for a bit now so figured I would throw it out there. Plus, not a lot of decent Pokémon RPs on here at all.

If interested, let me know down below and if you have questions, put them in your comment as well and I will address them.

I appreciate you for taking the time to read this and listen to my idea.

Thanks!

Reactions: Rebornfan120
Will the 8th region be considered to be accessible, assuming the run of this RP overlaps its release?

Reactions: MrStoryTeller
Will the 8th region be considered to be accessible, assuming the run of this RP overlaps its release?
It's possible to incorporate the new region yes

I'm placing my hat into the ring.

swoopswoop.

I want in! Already have a ton of pokemon rpcs that I can reuse xD

I'll throw in my interest as well. Since Gen 8 has sparked some light in me being interested in Pokemon.

Would you like us to go ahead and tell you what region we wanted to participate in if we have any favorites or should we wait until the OOC is made? We can always change our minds on this topic before the OOC is made anyways.

Also how will you approach the Mythical Pokemon in the game? One per character or do you plan to keep them unobtainable for story arcs in the future.

I am interested but I feel like restricting Pokemon choice for player characters to just the starters is a little too restrictive.
Wondering about how video game battle mechanics would be treated in this, moves, abilities, hidden abilities, stats etc.

I'll throw in my interest as well. Since Gen 8 has sparked some light in me being interested in Pokemon.

Would you like us to go ahead and tell you what region we wanted to participate in if we have any favorites or should we wait until the OOC is made? We can always change our minds on this topic before the OOC is made anyways.

Also how will you approach the Mythical Pokemon in the game? One per character or do you plan to keep them unobtainable for story arcs in the future.
We can wait on who gets what region for now as I would include that in the OOC if this RP gets going.
With mythical, I'm still a bit unsure. I would like to have them available for you guys to catch but just not sure yet.

I am interested but I feel like restricting Pokemon choice for player characters to just the starters is a little too restrictive.
Wondering about how video game battle mechanics would be treated in this, moves, abilities, hidden abilities, stats etc.
Well, I wanted to keep it to where, like the game, you are to chose from the starters that are given in the region you would start in. After that, you are open to looking and forming the team you want. Whether that is keeping your starter or not. But It makes sense to play out the beginning of your adventure with the starter that each new trainer have to get when they start.
The battle system, I'm working on still but the idea I have is that since you are telling your adventure, you would play out the battles as they would happen. Make them realistic and thought out. But still work in progress and I'm open to hearing ideas on it.

Whats the status of this? :3

Reactions: Vinn
This could be fun~ I've tried Pokémon on a few other sites (never a success), but I'm optimistic Iwaku will be the exception! Consider me interested!

I do like the ideas though for this, I guess my concern would be battle wise but I'm interested/tempted.

My apologies to everyone. I have been busy the last couple of days looking at wedding venues with my fiance and haven't had time to get on here.
It is looking like I have 12 of you interested so I will go ahead and get an OOC started. I am still thinking of a few ways to improve the RP and I can see the battle system will be a bit tricky but I have a thought on it.

I'll get an OOC started though and at least get you all tagged in it so that we can get this thing moving some. Think of questions you may have for me and I'll answer them the best I can to help you with the RP.

@Rebornfan120 @Vinn @Crow @Leavant Carter @xLarius @Vio @EternalInfinity @Cresion Breezes @Mystical Fox @MelodicInferno @Hecatty @DustBunny