Pokemon RP! A world we must defend...

Whimsykiller

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Hello! Greetings! Salutations! I'm here seeking an adventure in the Pokemon world, and was hoping someone here would be willing to do so, and we can create a pretty decent story together and just have a bit of fun! I've always wanted the anime and the games for that matter, to be a little more story than just: "(Insert Main Character) goes and gets 8 badges, fails in the League finals, and then goes to the next region." Rinse and repeat ad nauseum until desired results are reached, namely a full Pokedex.

I'm looking for a little more, though. Something with some...substance. Romance? Yes. Mystery? Most definitely! Humor? I think I'm funny...

What I mean is; I want the story to reflect the age group of people who've, well, grown up. Like use when we were playing the games for the first time, I want the passage of time to have changed our perspective on what's important in a story that revolves around the world of Pokemon.

But...to get to what I'm actually looking for in someone to go on this journey with...

*******Rules*******

-Must be a girl above the age of 18 to apply to roleplay here!
-Literate: I'm not looking for J.R.R. Tolkien. Just for someone who knows sentence structure and can write more than a single paragraph (obvious limitations by plot situation apply)
-Grammar: I'm not a stickler for grammar...but do try. It is very immersion breaking.
-Romance: I'll be honest, I do like me some romance. Since we'll be playing adults, not that big of a deal. Though we can discuss more details in PMs, if you would like.
-Creativity: Don't let me be the only one writing up what's going to happen. Surprise me! Throw me a curveball. The general story Idea doesn't have to consume the entire roleplay. Situations can show up that can push our characters apart, or pull them closer together. In other words; have fun with it!
-We rounded: No...it's not what you were thinking. Sheesh...all I mean is, in Pokemon, there will be battles, obviously. There will also be more conversational moments, and scenes that need to be given that extra bit of detail to make them pop! I promise to do my best at it if you do!
-Type "I Love Turtles" In your post to show you read the rules
-Detail oriented: Nothing takes me out of a roleplay more than a moment where someone has forgotten something that happened earlier in the roleplay, and changes it without asking! This happens more often than you think, so please just be mindful. :)
-Willingness to have Fun: Please...don't be the serious broody person all the time. Give your character some depth, woman!
-OOC Chat: I'm a chatter box on the regular, and if we click, I'm more than willing to brainstorm plot and chat about what the hell is happening IRL too. This isn't a requirement, but it would be nice.
-Character Profiles: Just for funzies. Use an anime picture please, and give a general description of your character. That's all I ask. :D
-Long Term: I'm looking for a long term partner for this one...so yeah. Lets do that.

With the boring stuff out of the way, why don't we get down to the nitty gritty? The reason people are on this site, yes?! The RP idea...

A world we must defend...

******Setting******

The Region of Orvire, far to the north, has been closed off from the world. The island has been closed off for ages, since long before the first Pokemon league was created in Kanto. No one alive today knows what the region itself is like; what Pokemon exist there? What kind of people, or culture, thrives behind the walls? The only thing anyone knows is that there are lights beyond the walls surrounding the island, but any who approach return not remembering anything they saw...

The other regions of the world, from Johto and Kanto, all the way to Alola, Avoid the place like the plague, preferring to keep to themselves and their respective cultures and lives....

******Plot******

Ten years ago, during (YC's) journey, whether she succeeded or not in becoming the champion, she hears of Pokemon researchers finding fragments of a much larger fossil than had ever been recorded. It was a Pokemon, no doubt, but the pieces they found, while large, haven't all been found. Meaning, more of it is out there. But talks like that didn't concern you at the time, you were on your Pokemon journey! Just like so many before you! Fast forward ten years, and whatever the results of your journey, you are now a young adult, looking to make a name for yourself doing whatever it is you so choose. You could have continued to become a better trainer, or retired from that life to one of relative peace.

Though this life you're leading begins to unravel. You start to hear word from the news and other sources that the scientists working on restoring the fossil Pokemons body have gone missing, along with a full third of the reconstructed fossil. While under investigation, the entire region you live in (whichever you choose) is in quite a stir. Strange sightings of a weird group of people, people in town going missing: whatever peace or routine you've carved out for yourself is very much broken. But that's not the worst of it.

You see, you've been having strange, dark nightmares. Full of destruction and chaos. The world plunging into such a state that you wake up terrified. During the dream, though, as Pokemon and humans destroy each other, you can see yourself standing in front of the walls to the Orvire region...the one you heard of in school. You're standing next to a young man, both of you showing intent to breech the walls and head inside...

Dreams always feel real, right? You shrug it off, try to manage it best you can. But the dreams aren't just vivid. You feel the fear, the cold winds of the northern region. You feel the rumble in the ground as Pokemon around you rampage. But again, it's just a dream...

Until you see a young man matching the exact description of the man in your dream. It's...eerie. Frightening even. Does this mean your nightmares are more than in your head?

---------

Essential details are: There is a legendary Pokemon that has many pieces of it's body scattered about. Scientists, upon discovering it, had found a good third of its body before they went missing. These scientists were about to reveal the Pokemon's name; something this shady organization cannot allow. Your character would get caught up in finding the scientists, the fossils, and trying to thwart this group from doing whatever they want to this legendary Pokemon...one who's said to be able to bend reality to its will. If they can control that, they can completely rewrite history in their favor.

My character would be involved due to his connections to one of the scientists; his mother.

Conclusion: I'm a pretty easy going RPer, who's got a little over ten years of experience under my belt. I hope you like my plot idea, and feel free to message me with details about your character, what plot points you would add or change, and we can work things out! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

(Also, Discord is only available in my PMs, so just ask if that's something you'd want to do.)