Pokemon: Primal Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Pff, he might hit a speedbump at 3 and 4. Tristan and Kostya's Pokemon are quite a bit higher-leveled than Wisteria's. XD]

TRISTAN AND OZZY (EVERGRANDE CITY)
"...and so early in the season, too." The gloomy looking man gives a faint smile. "This should be quite the interesting match, though." They definitely wouldn't be bored. The man brings his team back in quickly, despite his lax aura, and leans against the wall of the Psychic's chamber, amber eyes bright with curiosity. He casually runs his hands through his hair, not putting on his glasses in the gloom of the chamber.

(Hold on a moment, I need to determine Wisteria's team's moveset as well ^^')

Wisteria and Midnight
Wisteria pursed her lips at the appearance of Jack's Haxorus. Oh well, no matter. He must have decided to use his strongest Pokemon first in an attempt to intimidate her, but she wasn't going to let that work. "Oh, I'm certain it will be." Luckily, she had a pokemon whose secondary type was Fairy, so she knew it would be immune to any Dragon type attacks. A little smirk tugged at her lips as she reached for her Gardevoir's Pokeball and threw it. "I wish you luck, challenger. Go, Gardevoir!"

As soon as he heard the name, Jack faced twitched. Dammit, that but a damper on his plans, what to d. He could go for a dual dragon dance play, then hit her with an Earthquake, but he doubted Haxorus could avoid or take two Moon blasts in a row. Giga Impact was another option, but with similar dangers. Well, what was life without risks. He turned to look at Haxorus.

"You ready for this buddy, if you want don't think you can handle this I can always switch out." Haxorus snorted in response, showing no fear as he eye'd the Psychic/Fairy type. Jack laughed a little at this, falling quiet as he closed his eyes, gathering himself. When he opened them again, it was like he was a different person, his face was stoic and focused, his eyes piercing and analytical, and the air of arrogance over taken by an heir of experience and confidence. It was time to show he was more than just talk.

"Haxorus, lets show the lady the proper respect with a bow," Jack and the Haxorus both bowed, then Haxorus began making small intricate movements, which began to grow in ferocity and intricacy the longer it went. As he did this strange dance, Haxoru' eye began to glow a dark red and a low growl began rumble from his throat. "Then we greet her with a nice little dance." Haxorus then began moving around the Gardevoir, moving at impressive speeds and waiting for an opening for him to strike with.

[Hey, Raijin, which timezone are you in? Because if you make it past Wisteria, Shadeh will be home at 10 PM EST, and he said you guys can start your battle then. As I said on the sign up page, he's at work right now, but he when he comes home, he's willing to at least get into the battle with you.]

Tristan said nothing, eyes on the battlefield. An eyebrow arched in amusement with the trainer and Haxorus's elaborate display. This man definitely wasn't lacking in confidence, or strategy, that's for sure. However, the Dark Elite was already formulating plans, counting over his Pokemon in his head and trying to find suitable matches against this man's. So far, his usual team would hold it's own, definitely, but he'd only seen a single Pokemon.

Reactions: Aois
Razor nodded, understanding the girls sentiments very well, as he couldn't think of what he would do if one of his pokemon perished in battle. He shivered, not liking the feelings that thought had brought up, the deep rage and sorrow had barely passed through him, but it chilled him to his core as it had been so . . . cold and inhuman. Taking a breath to calm him self, Razor looked at the two children, a smile on his face again. "Well, as dangerous as it may be, battling is still a worth while and noble pursuit and it is one of the few ways to truly test and forge a bond between a trainer and his pokemon. Now then, I believe it's time for us to get a move on, don't you. While speaking to you has been a pleasure, I fear we have spent much longer than intended here. So, if my guides would be willing, shall we head on towards the first gym." As he spoke, Razor began returning all of his pokemon, with Fenrir being the only exception.

WISTERIA
Wisteria raised her eyebrow at the elaborate moves, but didn't focus on them too long. Instead, she waited a few moments and took advantage of the fact that her challenger had not yet attacked. "Gardevoir, let's start things off with Moonblast!" As per her habit, she pointed at Haxorus while saying this, her other hand rested on her hip.

Potential Damage:
1 = 90
2 = 90
3 = 92
4 = 92
5 = 96
6 = 96
7 = 96
8 = 98
9 = 98
10 = 98
11 = 102
12 = 102
13 = 102
14 = 104
15 = 104
16 = 108

Last edited by a moderator:
Kostya appeared behind Tristan, his Igglypuff cuddled in his arms. "We have a challenger." It was more of an observation than anything, but the excited undertone made his statement's point more clear. Even if this boy didn't make it pass Wisty, it would be better to watch than to sit and play with his Pokemon. Like he'd been doing for the past three days. It had been a slow week.

Tristan blinked and looked at Kostya. "No, he's a tourist." The short sentence held a slight hint towards sarcasm, but it wasn't really said harshly. The Crobat on his shoulder leered - it's usual expression - when it saw the tiny Pokemon cuddled in the Dragon Elite's arms. The Dark Elite was excited too, don't get him wrong, the observation of the challenger just seemed so thirty seven seconds ago to Tristan, when Jack had first burst foot-first through the door. "You missed him kicking through the door and promising to beat all of us." That'd been the most fun part to him, oddly enough.

157979-1(1).jpg
Aois: Pokémon League, purple
Ditto shifted its weight a bit on Aois' shoulder when it saw Kostya approaching them. She turned around at its notion and gave an ever so slight bow towards Kostya. He was the final challenge a challenger faced before they got to her, so he tried to treat him with a bit more formality than she did the rest. "This one has a foreign Dragon type on his team. We haven't really seen much yet." She went about to patting the baby Pokémon on its head as a way of greeting it. "Maybe this one will make it to you," she said to Kostya. This was before she heard Wisteria issue her first attack. "Or maybe not," she said, this time speaking in more of a low whisper.

Jack didn't let the name of the attack phase him, knowing that Haxorus could survive this hit, which he did. The ball of gleaming late hit him hard, but he muscled through giving a roar of challenge as he continued to move elaborately around the opponent, his speed increasing even more so, and his eyes beginning to pulsate a variety of dark reeds and blues as the dragonic energy pulsed through his veins. Jack raised his head and let out a short whistle, soon followed by three long whistles. Upon hearing this, Haxorus stopped, facing his opponent to give another roar of challenge before rocketing forward, his body being cover by an intense energy as he attacked with every ounce of power he had.

Potential Damage, I think? Not sure I did it right
1=215
2=219
3=219
4=223
5=223
6=227
7=227
8=231
9=231
10=235
11=235
12=239
13=239
14=243
15=243
16=254

Kostya answered Tristan first, but because he was not going to deal with his rival's sarcasm. Kostya just settled for throwing a hint of shade and keeping his focus on the challenger. "Huh, a tourist? Wisty should have even more fun with him then, especially with a promise like that." The small Pokemon in his arms gave Aois a smile as she settled into Kostya's hold. Kostya didn't look at Aois, wanting to pay more attention to the battle than the conversation at hand. "Don't worry, Champion. He will not be so confident later. If he does make it past even Tristan, I will not let him be so lucky."

A small, wordless glare came from the dark haired man. Then the glare turned into a small smirk as he finally responded. "You wound me, Kostya. I doubt he'll make it to you." After all, this battle had hardly started and Wisty had landed a good hit on him, even though the returning blow looked ugly as well. The challenger still had to make it through Kina before he had to start getting worried. "...and there's only so much potions and revives can do with the five of us."

Kostya wasn't phased by Tristan's glare, not even paying attention to the other man's facial expressions. "You speak from experience with that, correct?" He wasn't in the mood to say much. This battle was starting off gruesome for both parties involved, and he wanted to know how the challenger battled. He tilted his head slightly and asked, "I don't think we should bet on this guy. If he gets past Kina, I'll be surprised." Kostya knew that the girl was highly intelligent, and currently it was just a battle of power.

"I don't think betting is a good idea, anyway." Beat. "I'm pretty sure I don't have any money to bet." A good friend for Tristan would ask where all of his money went. An even better friend just wouldn't question it. He could have money one day, and not the next. It wasn't even handing it out to challengers. He just spent his money on stuff, or lost it just walking around, or something. He wasn't quite sure himself. "But yeah, Kina should be able to take him on if he gets past Wisty."

Kostya was neither a good friend, or an even better friend. He just simply did not give a damn about Tristan's money problems. For once in his life, he did not feel the urge for knowledge. Besides which, he couldn't judge Tristan's waste of money. For the first two years of his career as an Elite Four member, he gave his sister all his earnings for safe keeping. They were not safe to say the least. At least he didn't care about the bet. "I like betting, but this will be too easy for all of us. I'll be surprised if he defeats Wisty." The lady might be the oldest out of all of them, and all that meant is that she tried the hardest.

Aois: Pokémon League, purple
Aois continued to pat the Pokémon in Kostya's arms and giggled a bit at the exchange of words between Kostya and Tristan. They didn't get along all that well, but they seemed more like brothers than anything else. She'd been the champion for a year now, so she knew how they were with each other. They agreed to disagree. She was a bit more relaxed about the fought than they were. It had only begun, and she didn't have a very good idea of his battling style. She knew it was far different from her own as soon as the battle began, but she wouldnt rule out other battle styles as possibly being better than her own.

Not caring for what Kostya might say, she removed the Pokémon from his arms and seated herself upon the floor with it. "It seems I won't get a turn this time," she told the baby Pokémon as she rubbed the top of her head. "We're alike in that way, aren't we?" Her Ditto was still upon her shoulder and looked at the baby Pokémon. It transformed into an Igglybuff and hopped into Kostya's arms, pretending it was the Pokémon that had previously been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.