3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
one of the wonderful things about Pokemon is that there are so many different ways to enjoy it!

I'm a Dex-Completer and a breeder. I like beating gyms, but I'm more interested in non-battle elements of the game, and very rarely fight other humans.

I can't believe Saving the World from Darkrai's Plot to Stop Time isn't an option.

I'm the kind of player who gets through two or three gyms and then gets bored and stops playing. 8D

Completionist until I stop caring (which happens real sudden most of the time.) I used to play quite a bit competitively but I got bored with that. XY made breeding so much easier it's the first time I actually bothered making perfect bastards, but that's more a timekiller than anything else.

My playstyle is a little bit of everything EXCEPT metagame. I become the in-game champion, do all the side quests, breeding, shiny hunting, completing the pokedex, and etc. I just have a hard time getting into the metagame though since I don't really have the time or motivation to learn the complex parts of it so I can actually be any good. XD

I'm a grinder.

I will take my core team and beat them repeatedly to a pulp, crossing over every inch of tall grass until my team is 20 levels ahead the rest of my opponents.

I play for the story.

Then I just collect shinies :P

I guess I'm story-driven first-and-foremost. I just like playing through the games, defeating all the trainers and raising a team of Pokemon that I like.

Then I might start raising teams to be slightly more competitive... but nothing serious. Mostly just battles with friends and some random wi-fi battles. Also, a bit of shiny hunting. I guess I kind of do a little bit of everything to make my team more impressive without really going so far with any of it as to really be serious about it. :P

And then, sometimes, I'll go dex-filler, if I've decided I want to do that with a particular game. And when I do, I go all-out on it -- in fact, I've already successfully reached 100% Pokedex completion in Pokemon X (minus Volcanion, but that hasn't been officially released yet so I'm not counting it -- besides, as soon as it is officially released, I'll just get the event for it and then I'll definitely have 100% completion) and, more recently, in the 3DS eShop version of Pokemon Blue. And those were two... very different experiences. XD But both challenging in their own ways. o.o And definitely rewarding! Oh, and although I could have used glitches to get just about any Pokemon that I wanted in that game, I didn't -- I restrained myself from cheating (despite how easy it would've been, given my knowledge of Gen I glitches) and caught all of them FAIR AND SQUARE except for Mew, because it's literally impossible to catch without using a glitch...

SPEAKING OF WHICH: the last Pokemon that was added to my dex on Blue was Hitmonchan -- which I was stuck on for quite a while, by the way o_o -- and, upon reaching that point, the game thought I had already caught 'em all despite Hitmonchan still missing. o_o Though I wasn't too surprised by this, seeing as how I had already caught Mew by this point, and Mew was a last-minute addition to the game (hence why it's only catchable by glitch -- they didn't have time to program in any legit way of encountering it), soooo this means that there were originally only supposed to be 150 Pokemon, not 151, which means that the game counts having 150 Pokemon as a "full pokedex", even if there's still obviously a blank space anywhere between #'s 1 and 150. ...So uh. That's an interesting little tidbit of knowledge for you.

But I mean I still definitely went out and got a Hitmonchan because I mean saying I have a "completed" pokedex when I clearly don't is just a hollow victory -- no matter what the little certificate from the guy at Gamefreak says.

Edit: ALSO!! Professor Oak's reactions to you filling up your pokedex are hilarious. XD His pokedex ratings change as you catch more Pokemon -- specifically in increments of 10 -- and... yeah, it starts off with words of encouragement or hints or whatever, but, as you approach about 120 or 130 or so, his ratings start to take on a certain tone of... disbelief? XD It's like he didn't expect you to actually do it! (Which is probably an accurate level of expectation for the average player...) So... yeah. I for one found it incredibly entertaining to see him become progressively more shocked at how well I was doing as I inched closer and closer to 150. XD

Last edited:
Nuzlock runs ftw!!

In-Game Champion.

The other stuff in the single player is fun, but I don't get into it enough to describe it as my style.
And then there's the Meta-Game. I'm fine with Meta if it's on stuff like Showdown, because you can make specialized teams quickly, test them, scrap em etc.

In-game though? That shit takes time, a LONG time. And I really can't be bothered to throw 20-30 hours at countless grinding per team, and another 20 at breeding (IV's and Moves), and whatever hell long it takes to obtain all the right pokemon. Only for the pay off to be to learn I did something wrong, and/or be repeatinly crushed by more expert players only to spend that manner hours all over again.

And the funny thing is back at Elementary School, where no one cared for stuff like EV's or IV's I was the Meta-Champion.
But then everything changed with the Grinding nation attack.

Dex completer. Gotta catch em all!

Also decided to try nuzlocke this past week. It's like playing a whole new game. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.