Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
(Credit for artwork here)
tumblr_m7odhaEWSy1qdt380o1_500_zpskyeftzz2.jpg

PokéPirates: Keepers of the Sea
(A mini Pokemon Diversity roleplay)

~Plot~

[spoili]

Somewhere upon the waves of the Aquias ocean channel, a bottle floats with the map of forgotten riches. The map was placed there after a family bond began to rip apart. Siblings were gifted the map to use together, but one wanted the undiscovered wealth for selfish reasons. Because of this, the map was thrown away and mentally memorized for the sake of shared prosperity. With the map lost at sea, only one living being knows where the treasure might be near.. An Ex-captain, Vadette Amelie, joins a new crew in order for them all to secure the treasure for the greater good of Aquias. Serving under a new captain, Vadette and crew undergo missions in order to discover the treasure's exact location. Meanwhile: Vadette's berzerk brother, Maxton of the WaveWrecker, is trailing her in order to force out the maps directions. With the help of the crew aboard the SeaKeeper, Aquias could become just as fortunate or even exceed the success of it's big sister region, Epica.[/spoili]

Main Ships

[spoili]

SeaKeeper Captain Laszlo's Dragonair designed ship that braves stormy waves and flies the skies.
It may not be the fastest ship in the sea, but it's unique ability to ride wind currents gives it advantage over other ships.

WaveWrecker A Deoxys inspired ship which is the fastest known ship on the sea.
The ship was once shared by Vadette and Maxton until Maxton seized full control after Vadette was driven to escape.

AquaLaw The largest fortified ship in the Aquias naval fleet commandeered by Admiral Dragoray.
The Cloyster styled ship's impressive defensive design makes up for it's lack of speed.

[/spoili]

Special GM-NPC's

[spoili]

Vadette (Appearance) As Vice-captain of the SeaKeeper, Vadette provides the missions concerning the Aquias treasure. She's a generous, flirtatious spirit with a tough edge. With her team of three pokemon, her duties are to help guard the ship (when docked) and to guide the crew to their ultimate goal. If she's not found conversing with Laszlo or managing the ship, Vadette usually spends time with her pokemon at the edge of the man-made pokemon pool on deck. After the fallout with her brother, Maxton, Vadette joined the Privateer Laszlo so that her intentions for the treasure are rightfully met. Interestingly, she is the only crew member who knows of Laszlo's first name.

Pokemon Team

[spoili]
7580087_zpscwv6jz5d.png
5b56f3be_zpsni6zimqz.png
m%201_zpse62kaavk.png
[/spoili]

Captain Laszlo (Appearance) Hired privateer and decisive leader of the SeaKeeper crew. With the number of pirate ships on the rise, Captain Laszlo was authorized by naval officers to attack and help rid the sea of pirates. Experimental in his tactics, Laszlo tries new ways of handling situations often and embraces the outcomes. Naturally aggressive yet humble, he can also be unknowingly sexy and charming with his behavior. As captain, he primarily sails the ship and lets his crew deal with the enemies. This is his way of evaluating his crew and letting them take the spot light in glory. When absolutely necessary, he steps in to help with no hesitation.

Pokemon Team

[spoili]
248-Tyranitar%201_zpsd7mpqmbi.png
gengar_by_xous54%201_zpsi78hoh4e.png
CPwkgs6UYAIgMTH_zpsn5dqlign.png
[/spoili]

Maxton (Appearance) An impulsive, hostile boy with a temper like a blazing wild fire. Aside from his coarse behavior, Maxton can be skillfully innovative and he use to keep a sketch book full of useful inventions when he was younger. His latest design, is his flame proof suit with fire expelling claws inspired by a Heatmor of untold significance. Driven by selfish desire, Maxton hunts for his sister who knows the whereabouts of the forgotten treasure that he wishes to claim for himself. Vadette's manic younger brother has been labled a pirate by the Navy, because of his attack on naval vessels. With his emotions spiraling out of control, Maxton chooses to devastate anything in the way of his plans.

Pokemon Team

[spoili]
111392infernape_pokemon_conquest__zpsxuxapwvs.png
-c2_zpswk6ko6qr--1-_zpsnnir8lvp.png
-b3%202_zpslfbdyx2a.png
[/spoili]

[/spoili]

NPC's

[spoili]

Governor Zardchu (Rockypeaks Governor) Living in a ridiculously large mansion above the Aquias Naval headquarters, Gov. Zardchu regulates the island's policies. His mansion is like one big pokemon fan club and he's known to have a habit of rescuing stray pokemon. Different sorts of pokemon fill his home and he has pokemon merchandise in every room. He's a friendly fellow, yet he has a whacky sense of humor that tends to repel people. Abandoned pokemon and any kind of pokemon merchandise make great gifts for him.

"I have space for one more pokemon.. sure I do!"

Admiral Dragoray (Navy Commander) A blunt leader, Dragoray mainly speaks when giving commands or handling sea affairs. As an officer on the Aquias channel, he and his fleet purge the waters of pirates and foreign enemies. When not on the waves, he's providing public safety to the civilians in Rockypeak. He can mainly be found at the Naval Headquarters or on his ship. Little is known about what he likes, but he despises bright things.

"My aim is to cleanse the waters from pirate filth."

Zev Marshleef (Ship Repairman) (Appearance) Marshleef is Rockypeak's renowned "Ship Healer". Captain Laszlo is a loyal customer of his, yet the two share a complicated acquaintanceship. If Zev's not at his shop crafting new parts or fixing broken ones, he's at the docks inspecting ships as requested. He's a fair priced man, but he also has a hell of a temper with difficult customers. He likes Sharpedo tooth necklaces, fossils, and preserved Krookodile heads for gifts. On his freetime, he's at the tavern drinking it up with all the other unruly folks.

"Ship sure needs a healin! Can mend her for a good sum."

Elease Charchamp (Blacksmith) (Appearance) The fiesty and dependable weapon craftsman/pokéball maker in Rockypeak. When's she's not forging blades and such, she's on the beach training others with their weapons. She has a slight crush on Paine Bashbone, but she doesn't favor his behavior when it comes to gambling and women. Elease admires ancient coins, custom made weapons, and she is addicted to Paine's Belue Berry liquor at the Tavern Inn. When she has extra time to spare, she enjoys browsing the antique shops in town.

"Blade? Barrel? I'll have it to you shortly!"

Jaena Ulíga (Mystic Guardian) (Appearance) A nomadic spiritualist who seeks the Golden Lugia. She feels a connection to the rare legendary and believes that Lugia was once an ancestor of hers in a past life. Her special gift of communicating with pokemon drives her to speak with the majestic pokemon and to learn of it's mysterious history. She currently resides in Rockypeak where she helps trainers work out problems with their pokemon. Jaena can be found meditating near her hut at certain hours and sometimes she can be completely missing for days. She enjoys collecting evolution stones and making mega stone jewelry.

"Pokemon are like our spirit guides. They aid us to our destinies."

Esmerée (Voodoo Sorceress) (Appearance) Making a home from a cavern beside the abandoned church, Rockypeak's witch spends her days here. Those brave enough to find her, may experience the power of her bizarre practices. The only time Esmerée is found outside her cave, are nights under a full moon in the graveyard by the cliff. She likes to spend most of her time with her unsettling pokémon pets. Gifts she favors are viles of pokémon poison, skulls, and dusk stones.

"Dare not enter my home of shadows without caution."

Paine Bashbone (Tavern Inn Keeper) (Appearance) Rockypeak's gambling addict, bartender, and womanizing room keeper. Many will find him wasting away pokécoins or valuables at his own tavern while his trusted Charmeleon serves the drinks. After hours, he's flirting with his female guests or placing bets on ship races and other things. Whenever he can, he likes to bring the blacksmith pokemon bones for her to make them into weapons for him to use. Shiny things peak his interest and he appreciates ingredients to make drinks with for his bar.

"Bet your best boys, it's all or nothin!"

[/spoili]

Obstacles

[spoili]

Guardian of the Treasure

corrupted%20lugia_zpszdayptwd.jpg

Golden Lugia - A sacred legendary of assumed myth that's nature is to hoard precious treasures and relish the lost memories left behind on the valuables by way of psychic ability.

Rogue Pokemon
Opposing Pirates

[/spoili]

Port & Islands

[spoili]

Port Rockypeak (Appearance) A mountainous port near the outskirts of Gambit town in the Aquias region. For decades, Rockypeak has been a key zone for ship commerce between Aquias and her neighboring region, Epica. Governor Zardchu's mansion resides at the peak of the harbor and he has governed the port since the beginning of it's creation. With the help of the Aquias Navy and authorized Privateers, Rockypeak remains secure from any pirate attacks or foreign invaders.

Pixieblade Island (Appearance) Mystical ruins and radiant jungles make up the majority of this magical island. Fairy and Grass pokemon are mainly found in this serene environment. Some may spot a Togetic flying gracefully within the canopy and a family of bulbasaur scampering along the jungle floor. Traces of human existence is speculated, but the distinct ruin structures are also believed to have been made by the fairy pokemon themselves.

Buzzvolt Island (Appearance) An island where the roar of thunder is constant and lightning rains down daily. The buzzing volts of lightning are harmonious with the buzzing hums of the local bug pokemon. This electrifying island is ideal for the electric pokemon who inhabit the island as well, and the active electricity strengthens most of them. Exotic hives of various designs are scattered and grouped across the island in unique locations.

Blackfrost Island (Appearance) The dusky and frigid isle where dark and ice pokemon reside. Sharp pillars of ice are seen all around the island surface with darkened snow from the gloomy weather. An ice pokemon paradise with mounds of snow, frozen lakes, and sparkling icicle forests. Dark pokemon make their homes beneath the snow, along the mountain cliffs, or within the shadowy caves.

Serpentwings Island (Appearance) Scaled and feathered wings share the skies above this floating mass of land. Daring dragon types challenge eachother regularly, while the territorial birds compete in their own races throughout the sky. A Braviary can be spotted over watching the land on the highest tree, and a Noivern and Salamence clashing within fray in the wind. Forests and hillsides make up most of the island along with deep canyons.

Terrafist Island (Appearance) Surrounded by mountains, Terrafist is a barren island with badlands for the fighting types to face off and for ground types to live comfortably. Ancient temples are located here where people practiced the fighting styles of the pokemon who live here. Plenty of mines and caverns exist here which people and pokemon have made use of as well. Underground tunnels made by the ground types have made access to certain locations more convenient.

Metalmind Island (Appearance) A psychic and steel type sanctuary with twisted metal structures which makes up a small city-like pokemon village. The psychic pokemon were the designers, while the steel pokemon aided in construction. The modern appeal of the island surpasses the era and many are initially hypnotized by it's extraterrestrial aura. Many people avoid the island, because of a rumor of human experimentation done by the psychic pokemon.

Hellfire Island (Appearance) Home to the ghosts of dead pokemon and fire spitting "demons". Hellfire is a cursed, dreadful island which is believed to be a piece of hell on earth. Fire and ghost pokemon inhabit the half-molten lands contently. The entire place consists of piercing volcanoes and volcanic pillars. The ghosts haunt the fire types frequently which causes them to become flustered often which keeps them aggressive to human travelers.

Deadthirst Island (Appearance) Many a people have died from drinking from the waters on this marsh filled island. Venom from various poison types leach into the water and only the water pokemon here have evolved to filter the toxins out through their gills. Some areas of water are perfectly clean and are easily detected by the water pokemon, but finding these areas is like a game of russian roulette for humans. The island consists of several swamps and there is very little surface area of land.

[/spoili]

Rules & Template:

[spoili]

- Players may start with 3 non-legendary pokemon at any stage of evolution.
- 3 switchable pokemon will make up a team per trainer aboard a ship (Pirate's code)

(Pokemon I'll partially control: Any included in the Special GM-NPC section)

- Players will be given missions by a captain of a ship throughout the RP
- Therefore, players will (of course) be Crew members

(New characters can be related to your current PD Reloaded character)

- Battles will be NPC focused and not between players (Pm battles are optional) This is for pacing purposes.
- Plot will be to find and preserve the treasure while helping to mend a broken family tie.

- Resolution/Failure to conflicts will be determined within 2-4 posts (Preventing drag-on battles)

Character Sheet Template

Character Name
Hometown
Strengths
Weaknesses
Habits and Quirks
Motives
Inabilities
Fears
Personality
Brief Backstory
Pokemon team

[/spoili]

I'll leave a post here to remind myself.

Reactions: True North
hm... quick question, what exactly do you mean by the 3 switchable pokemon thing?

hm... quick question, what exactly do you mean by the 3 switchable pokemon thing?

Here's how I intepret it.

In the main games, a Trainer has six Pokemon. Over here, we have three Pokemon limit.

We store spare Pokemon in the PC.

Clearer?

oooooooooooh that makes sense, thanks, is it ok if my character has only 4? the one i wanna adapt to this only has 4, one of them is a gyarados so that could be like the ship's guard or something :3

So apparently I haven't been getting alerts lately.. Anyways, it's like Crow explained, but the extra Pokemon will go below deck in barrels of pokeballs or something since Pc's weren't invented yet in the time of this RP.

You want to start with four, or only have four Pokemon total? @CursedDawn

Pokeballs exist in this era? I was picturing bringing the 'mons along like actual animals.

That being said, can I be a stowaway or does the RP start with a maiden voyage?

This particular character of mine only keeps 4 with her, she has two more but they've been left at home, i figured she'd work well here cus like i said one of them is a gyarados who would of course make a great ally for a ship, i can easily enough change that though if you want

Pokeballs exist in this era? I was picturing bringing the 'mons along like actual animals.

The old pokeballs do, but many prefer to keep their Pokemon out of their ball (especially pirates).
As far as being a stowaway, that's ok with me!

This particular character of mine only keeps 4 with her, she has two more but they've been left at home, i figured she'd work well here cus like i said one of them is a gyarados who would of course make a great ally for a ship, i can easily enough change that though if you want

Oh I see. I'd like for everyone to start with three main Pokemon. I'm fine with Gyrados being one of your switchable Pokemon when the option to switch is made available.

yay n_n
I'll get to my CS sometime today though i've got class and a lot of homework so i'm not entirely sure when but i'll definitely get to it today

Character Name:
Henrietta

Appearance
Hometown
Strengths
Weaknesses
Habits and Quirks
Motives
Inabilities
Fears
Personality
Brief Backstory

Pokemon team

FGLAzqZ.png

"S- screw Nail! Reporting for duty s- sir!"

Character Name:
Screw Nail

Appearance
Hometown
Strengths
Weaknesses
Habits and Quirks
Motives
Inabilities
Fears
Personality
Brief Backstory

Pokemon Team:
ditto.gif

Ditto

rotom.gif

Rotom

golurk.gif

Golurk​

Character Name: Ravel Wolfe

Appearance:
http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vaul...e_Exiled_-_01_[B785F404].mkv_001038.922_1.png.

Hometown:
Accumula Town

Strengths:
Brave
Quick thinking
Calm and collected

Weaknesses
Cocky
Pushy
Blunt

Habits and Quirks NA

Motives
He wants to get most of his pokemon mega evolved and to catch a legendary pokemon.

Inabilities
He has trouble working in teams since he thinks he can do it himself.

Fears
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Cleithrophobia or Cleisiophobia- Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.

Personality
Cold uncaring winning is everything

Brief Backstory
Ravel is still quite young but hes got a lot of experience because he set out at a young age and his first pokemon was Onyx which he named Diamond on Diamond a lot considering Diamond is one of his strongest pokemon who has already evolved into Steelix and is the pokemon he wants to mega evolve first. Steelix helped him capture both a Beedrill and Scyther he did manage to evolve Scyther into a Scizor.

Pokemon team

1.Steelix (name:Diamond)
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120928014809/sonicpokemon/images/c/ca/Steelix.jpg
2:Beedrill
http://stuffpoint.com/pokemon/image/299651-pokemon-15-beedrill.jpg
3: Scizor
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140102182234/pokemon/images/d/db/McCann_Scizor.png
4:Ditto
https://gashaworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/132.gif
5: Raichu (name:Thunder)(Iron Tail, Shock wave, Thunder shock, thunder bolt)
http://img11.deviantart.net/d31d/i/2012/242/c/4/26__raichu_by_inkomingvirus-d5cxttu.png

Characters are lookin good so far :) Mariana is accepted @CursedDawn
I assume Ditto and Raichu are your switchables @LoveandHate91

Yes they are.

Hoping to start within the next couple of days :)
Make sure to finish your character sheets before then, so you can participate!
2 others have expressed interest, so that will make 6 of us total when character sheets are accepted.

WIP

Character Name
Petey Gaverston (Real Name: Peter Hiralden)

Appearance
Dashing man with feather hat

Hometown
Mermadelle City (from Pokemon Diversity Reloaded)

Strengths
Quick and clever, physically able

Weaknesses
Can talk the talk but not walk the walk

Habits and Quirks
Tells tall tales

Motives
Adventure, generosity to the people of Aquias

Inabilities
Has trouble taking orders. If he agrees with it then it's fine, but when he doesn't agree with an authority figure he can get into hot water.

Fears
Fire and Fire Types

Personality
Flamboyant, arrogant, etc

Brief Backstory
Son of minor executive of West Epica Company, ran away at 13 to adventure, then shipwrecked on Aquias. People there nursed him back to health, and since then he's become a friend of the community.

Pokemon team
Lilligant (his first)
Poliwhirl (never got a Water stone)
Shedinja (Frequently defeated undefeatable Pokemon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up, I plan to have the Ic started tonight or tomorrow! :)

So yeah college decided to hit me like a freight train... I'll postpone the IC for a bit until I feel it's a good time.

I apologize but i'm going to quit, it's not because the start got postponed here, but I just don't feel like rping anymore, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.