Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Return of Darkrai(DracoGale4&The Writing Owl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edan gaped at her. "Six months?! It's been raining for six months?!" He couldn't believe it. It really was a miracle that the Pokemon world hasn't flooded yet. "How can that be? Eventually the rain will have to stop, right?"

At least that's what he hoped. He wouldn't be able to stand it if it rained constantly. He felt drowsy enough as it is, but to go through that feeling every day, he didn't think he would even have the attention span he needed for missions. He'll have to do something... That was when he had a thought. He recalled giving Pokemon items to strengthen them and their moves. Did they still have those kind of items here? Maybe he could get an item that will strengthen him up and help him endure this weather, that way he wouldn't be so weak and his moves could be more effective. Yes, that seemed like a good idea. He'll have to bring the subject up to Fang. Perhaps she'll know something.

He immediately saw the disappointed look on Fang's face when he explained he didn't really want to be on a team. That made him feel a little bad... It appeared that she was the only one on the team, and in a way, that technically meant she didn't really have any other friends. He had to admire the fact that she rescued Pokemon when others abandoned or attacked them. Has the Pokemon World really gone down such a bad path? Where brother turned against brother(of course by this he didn't literally mean 'brothers')? A world that constantly rained and made life even harder for these Pokemon, threatening to drown them unless they made trenches or moved to higher ground? What this Totodile was doing... It was very brave and selfless. How could he think of himself when this Pokemon was thinking of so many others?

"I'll think about it." He promised. "It's just that all of this has happened so fast, I just need a moment to recollect myself and figure out what I'm doing. Give me tonight to think it over, and tomorrow, I'll have my answer for you." He smiled. "Promise. Although if I am going to be helping you, I'll need something that will power up my fire moved and make me stronger if it's not going to stop raining any time soon. I'll be kind of useless with my fire abilities cut in half."

Fang shook her head at Edan's questions of how this could be. "We aren't sure what's causing the rain, a lot of pokemon think it has to do with one of the legendary pokemon, but it's not showing any signs of stopping any time soon. We're going to be stuck with it for until we figure out what is causing this whole mess." The small pokemon shrugged.

When the male told her he would at least think about it, she lit up. "Great! Oh, wait here, I got something to help you..." She jumped up and rain down the steps toward the chest where she had hidden their recent spoils. Mumbling to herself, Fang rummaged through the chest trying to find where the item was. "Come on... Come on..." She smiled brightly when she finally found it. "There!" Hiding the item behind her back, she ran back to her possible-maybe-almost certainly new partner. "Here you go!"

With bright eyes she deposited what would power his moves up. "It's the best thing I have to help power up your moves! Just keep it somewhere on you at all times, and it'll be like the rain won't affect you!" The totodile had given the charmander one of her rarer items. It had taken her forever just to find one, and even then she had to fight off a whole bunch of other pokemon just to bring it safely back to her home. What she had given the charmander was... a piece of charcoal. The small black rock sat in the Charmander's paw with an underwhelming air. The totodile seemed quite happy about her choice, though the rock seemed quite useless to most. The item seemed like it could crumble at any moment, yet some otherworldly power was holding it together, keeping it intact.

Edan frowned. A legendary Pokemon? He wondered which one it could be... There were a lot, many with different abilities, and all very powerful. Any one of them could be causing this, or perhaps none at all, and it's just the natural order of the world. Who knew? Maybe while on their adventures they can figure out who. He tilted his head and lifted a claw, placing it on his cheek while his other claw held his elbow, putting on his thinking face. All of this was so strange.... Him turning into a Pokemon, a possible Legendary causing the world's disorder... Was it all connected? And why would a Legendary be causing so much rain? It was causing problems, weren't they supposed to watch over the world? None of this was making sense...

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Fang brightened and jumped off, running off to go grab something. He watched after her curiously, remaining where he was. He didn't actually think that she would have something on the spot, having figured they'll have to go and buy something. But this was great! If she had something, then he could surely use it if it'll help him keep him powered up. He waited eagerly, holding his clawed feet with his hands as he looked after her curiously, excited to see what she would bring.

When she came back, she presented him what looked like...a black rock. He blinked at it, the look of it obviously a little disappointing, or at least to others. No, for some reason the sight of it had his heart beating excitedly, as if it was some priceless gem. He didn't understand why it had him so happy and excited. His eyes were sparkling with joy. He reached forward, taking the coal gently from her and began looking it over, holding it carefully. He could already feel his power start to grow, and the flame on his tail grew a bit bigger and brighter, warming the area around them.

"Wow..." He whispered. "This is...this is great!" He said with a bright smile. "I already feel so much better. With this, being out in the rain should be a breeze!" He smiled, placing the coal right on top of his head as he swayed his feet from side to side, obviously enjoying himself. At the mention of having to put the coal somewhere, he thought about it for a moment, then glanced at her. "Do you have another bandanna?" He asked. "Like the one you're wearing? Maybe I could wear one and wrap it around the coal."

Fang's smile widened as Edan expressed happiness over his gift. He liked it, so that had to mean something. He asked for a bandanna, which made Fang think for a bit. Did she have another one. "Here, give me a minute... I think I have one for you." She leapt off again toward the chest downstairs. The fact that Edan was thinking about this kind of stuff raised Fang's hopes immensely. There was still a huge chance she could get a partner to help her, and that was way better than trying to rough it out alone.

Diving into the chest, Fang dug around for anything that could constitute a bandanna. A blue cloth caught her attention, and she quickly pulled it out. Bounding back up the stairs, the totodile handed the bandanna over to the charmander. "There you go. That should help you keep that charcoal on you." She smiled before a yawn escaped. "Ah-Sorry about that. I guess I'm just a bit tired." The water type laughed a bit as she tried to rub the back of her head. It was getting late, though it was hard to tell too much difference considering the already dark skies.

Leaning back, Fang tilted her head. "Is there anything else you wanted to ask about?" She tried to hide her second yawn, blinking heavily. It was a long, exciting day. She needed to rest.

Edan watched Fang go downstairs once more, feeling bad for making her go up and down the stairs continuously to get him stuff, while he just sat there. They had a long day, she had been walking for who knows how long, and battled Pokemon today. She even got stung with poison, so whatever energy she may have left, he was making her do more exercise than she needed. He made himself promise that he wouldn't make her get up again for the rest of the night, and that whatever else he might need that it could wait till morning. When she came back, he saw her produce a blue bandanna, and he smiled brightly. Gratefully taking it from her.

"Thank you." He said, wrapping it around the piece of coal before tying the bandanna around his neck. The coal was securely in the bandanna with no chance of it falling out unless the bandanna was untied.

Edan saw Fang yawn, and he couldn't blame her. He was honestly surprised that she didn't pass out earlier. "Umm... No, I think that'll do for tonight." He answered her question. "We had a long day today. If I have any more questions, I'll bother you with them tomorrow."

The yawn was contagious, for soon he yawned as well and stretched his arms. He was pretty beat too, and wanted nothing more than to sleep, rubbing an eye. Today was probably the craziest he ever had, even though he couldn't remember any other day, but he was pretty sure none of them involved him turning into a Pokemon. He laid down on his back with one arm over his chest, the other spread out, and he kept his tail off of the hay bed. Not wanting to accidentally catch it on fire.

"We should go ahead and head to bed." He said with another yawn. "No point in staying up." He looked at her. "By the way... Thank you for saving me today. I'm sure my flame would have gone out in all that rain if you hadn't woke me up... I don't know how long I would've been out otherwise."

It was true. He had been out cold, unaware of anything till she began to wake him up, calling out to him till he opened his eyes. If she hadn't, he was sure he would have remained asleep, oblivious to the fact the rain was putting out his flame. He hoped now with the charcoal he'll be able to withstand the rain and not worry having it burn out the flame on his tail. He still didn't like the idea of getting wet, but from what Fang had told him, there was nothing he could do about it. He'll just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Fang yawned and got comfortable on her hay bed. She nodded to Edan's advice, spreading out so all her limbs where given a comfortable amount of room. She had nearly fallen asleep when Edan thanked her for waking him up. She blinked before smiling. "You're welcome. I'm sure someone would have saved you if I didn't. Though, I'm glad I found you." She yawned and rolled over. "Goodnight." The small totodile fell asleep, glad to get at least one good night's rest.

The next morning a loud knocking interrupted the constant crashing of the rain. Fans didn't wake up, busy sleeping off the last mission. The knocking increased in frequency, joined by the sound of a deep voice. "Fang!" The voice screamed. "Open up! I need your help!" The pounding seemed to increase in ferocity, though the door still held strong. Fang slept through this, curling away from the offending noise.

Outside Pokemon were panicking. A well known gang was coming upon them, and the town very rarely had someone to drive them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.