Pokemon (Manga, Games -- Plots added!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mango

Original poster
Seeking patient, long term partners -- I am typically very active but am dealing with health issues, so sometimes I have to take small breaks or cannot respond right away. I'd say it'll be a tad casually paced, but definitely detailed (for me, that means no less than two pretty paragraphs). Would prefer a literate partner, as I am advanced myself. Anime, Manga, Games only, am not looking to write PMD, Rangers, Gjinka, etc.

After being defeated by Sinnoh's champion, Lucas, there was rejoicing nationwide as Team Galactic disbanded, and their maniacal leader disappeared. Official reports claimed he fled the region to avoid upset, whilst (Platinum Trainer) ensured that while he could say for sure what happened to Cyrus, the portal to Giratina's universe was destroyed -- he foolishly dismissed the Boss Leader's promises of vengeance. Nearly one decade has passed and the woes of Team Galactic's attempt at playing gods have long since left the mind of Sinnoh's citizens, as well as those affected across the world.

Foolishly, they celebrate peace, unaware of Cyrus's return.

Vague, needs work.

Under new management, the Rocket's flourished. Their infiltration was masterful, patient, expanding over the course of nearly two decades, with a tact that their prior representatives had not been known for. They wove agents into the Indigo Plateau, every police department, procured underground space, made business deals with the smaller gangs -- they left no loose ends.

And then, they attacked from within.

Within the city streets, establishments, anywhere that was considered a safe haven seemed infested -- before a war could even break out, it was declared that the Elites had fallen, some forced to resign whilst others simply disappeared, all of which left Kanto in utter disarray.

No territory could turn a blind eye to the fall of Kanto, but all were equally stumped when it came to who could they offer assistance to? It would appear there were no representatives of Kanto left. (We will discuss who their allies are, etc.)

Today marks one year of falling under complete dictatorship. With each passing day, the regulations narrow, and the restrictions broaden. Trainer's licenses have been replaced with Rocket Permits, and are only obtainable after several months of training at one of their many academies, the central office being in Saffron. Rattata, Zubat and the like are common among those that do pass the initiation, but with the laws raised from the black market, illegal sales, poaching, bounty hunter occupations, genetic modification, animals rights, etc. the animal population on this region is wearing thin, inflating prices, and killing spirit. Resistance attempts have not been successful, public shaming is a mercy compared to what the more diligent, wannabe heroes face.

All hope is never lost. But what could you do?​

"We seem to have underestimated the possibility of a rebelling mutation, and now find it... out of our control."

Pokerus. It started out as an odd strain that was quickly appraised by the science indsutry.

A revolutionary breakthrough! Some called it.

A chance to harness the abilities of these amazing creatures, and dramatically manipulate their power. They promised.

An irrevocable mistake -- never made the headlines.

One man made the news screaming something about how man shouldn't play god and they're monsters! It's not too late to wipe them out! His words stirred many reactions, but only ended in his public shunning before his name was swept off the tabloids. If they had only listened.

The experimentation gradually became popular, a seemingly harmless injection that promised to "reveal your pokemon's greatest potential". Creatures grew a little bigger, they seemed to find endless stamina and destroyed battle opponents in half the time of the average battle. Things were faster paced, exciting, and for the moment, meeting expectations.

But then things took a violent turn. They no longer heeled after knocking out an opponent -- the first gruesome fight, which was broadcast live unintentionally, left the other side's entire team dead within the area. It's owner had attempted to calm his partner -- but as the beast continued to run on adrenaline, it also killed it's trainer. Officials were forced to shoot down the beast, casting a dark shadow over a region that had yet to even see the worst of it. In the days that followed, similar 'tragedies' continued to break out everywhere, leading to hundreds of causalities and millions in property damage. The police department did their best to keep a firm grip on the situation -- but it was quickly understood they never even anticipated it, and were asked to retreated before any more members were killed

Then came the military, which still fights today, though it's a losing battle. The Elites keep thinking up 'new solutions' in a dome far from the population taking the beating. They tried to avoid faulting the engineers for weeks before the people demanded they be locked up and tried for the devastation. But their imprisonment has done nothing to fix the near apocalyptic situation.

This is the setting. We will determine if there is a cure, a need for Arceus's intervention -- idk, we'll talk.​

WIP.​

Will prefer character sheets, I can create one for you. Romance is welcome, but not necessary. I do love to chat OOC, about the story at least. No OP characters. I'd prefer not to write from the perspective of villain organizations. I'd love it if you were up to date (meaning from the first 150 gen to alola) but that's not required. PMs preferred, threads are fine though.

Am also willing to do a small group thing, though they seem to die super fast.

Please post here if you're interested. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to do this if you're still looking

Have added three official plots, would specifically love to write "The Virus". (:

Status
Not open for further replies.