Pokemon Madness!

"Don't put too much pressure on the leg. The more you rest it, the faster you'll heal, and it's better for all of us if you heal quickly." Artemis looked at Lizzy surprised at the change of tone in her voice and face. She wasn't expecting to be scolded for getting out of bed. "Yes mom." She replied teasingly and laughed a little as Lizzy was confused about training. Artemis balanced herself on one foot and moved over to one of the chairs by the table. "Yeah, training." She pushed the book towards Lizzy. "The little spider's name is Dewpider. Judging from it's name and type it can use water based attacks and possibly a couple of bug ones. I don't know how strong it might be at this point, but getting it to show you what kind of moves it can use and practising a bit on working together to get things done or fight another angry pokemon like what happened yesterday would be a good idea." She suggested and looked at them both. There was no way they could do this if the little pokemon did not agree to this.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Lizzy felt like her head was spinning. Water based attacks. Bug ones. Working... together to get things done? What was Artemis talking about. Scrunching up her face until she could barely see out of the slits of her eyelids, she squinted down at the little pokemon. He didn't seem to really have a problem with this idea. She did, though. She didn't want to fight, or to train, or to really have to look at the pokemon, or to be here. Why her? She wasn't suited to this.... And what could this little bug possibly do that was likely to be even remotely useful, anyways? She picked up the book - that was one thing she could do - and flipped it open, noting that the "Dewpider" as Artemis had called it was indeed a new entry in it. The short description said basically nothing useful about the pokemon.

"What exactly are you expecting me to learn how to do?" She asked, the expression on her face as she looked at Artemis one of extreme reluctance and distaste. "Can't it just... do its moves or whatever on its own? Why would it have to work with me to do anything? It's just a... watery... spider, anyways. What do you think it could even do against something like the monster we saw yesterday?" The Dewpider didn't seem to like that suggestion, and butted its little bubble of a head against her neck. With a shriek, Lizzy flicked her hand to her neck, accidentally dislodging the little spider in the process. It clung onto her clothes, and then scuttled down to the floor, where it was probably a lot safer. It stared up at the two of them, and Lizzy sighed, dropping to her knees. This was not a good way to start the day.

Artemis audibly sighed at Lizzy's unwillingness. It wasn't surprising, but it certainly made things more difficult and complicated than they already were. "Imagine getting a new dog or cat. You would need to spend sometime to get to know it and how behaves. You would need to train it. The same thing applies here. Dewpider knows this place better than we do and it can fight. With the proper tactics and strength it can bring down that Exeggutor. Basically..... just learn how to cooperate. Plus, if it shows us what moves it knows, at the very least I will be able to tell how we can defeat or ward off pokemons that might be less than friendly. And besides, Totodile is not around now, so you would be safer looking around with Dewpider as your guide and bodyguard. Don't underestimate it because it looks so small." She concluded and looked at Dewpider.

"What do you say little guy? Wanna go outside and show us what you got?"

• Ah Seen It
"I've never had an animal before." Lizzy said, half-uneasily and half-grumpily muttering mostly to herself. "Dogs and cats just… need to learn not to do certain things, right? How is this the same at all?" She scrunched up her face. She didn't like feeling useless, and she didn't like feeling like people were talking down to her, but she was more than out of her element, and wanted nothing more than to wake up and find this had all been a horrible nightmare. Why pokemon? Of all things, a world full of semi-sentient little monsters with maybe magic powers was possibly one of the worst places she could imagine being teleported to.

She took a breath, then swallowed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, we'll do it your way." She said, "But I still can't look at it, so you'll have to explain its… moves or whatever they are to me."

The dewpider looked up at Artemis and gave a little bobble of its head, scuttling toward the door and indicating for them to let it out and then follow for a demonstration of what it could do.

Artemis looked surprised at Lizzie, but she said nothing, instead she got up and grabbed her improv crutch and slowly made her way out. "Alright, then just let Dewpider do most of the work. Just try and pay attention to slowly understand it okay?" She suggested to her as Dewpder was quick to scuttle away from the house and to the clearing overlooking the lake.

"Okay buddy, take it away." Artemis encouraged the small water spider and watched as the bubble of water bounced up and down. Then its mouth slightly glowed and a large spew of water resulted in a relatively large wet area around Dewpider, wet enough to cause slippage f one was not careful of their footing. "Water sport.... Okay, so we have an extra advantage over fire attacks. Good, good." Artemis commented, mostly to herself as she was fascinated by watching a real pokemon move at her leasure for the first time in her life. Yesterday's battle didn't count as she was too busy being scared and hurt.

Seemingly happy with Artemis' praise, the little spider turned and aimed at the lake, away from the girls and a stream of bright bubbles flew from its mouth, popping a couple of meters away with a loud POP!. "Bubblebeam! Cool!" Artemis was happy to have found a pokemon that was willing to help them and was at a decent fighting level if it already knew bubblebeam without any training. It added a lot more on their chance of survival on this Island. "Anything else up your sleeve?" Dewpider was more than happy to comply and a string of spider web created a cocoon around a nearby fallen twig. "Spider web! Very useful. I'm impressed lil guy!" Artemis praised once more. While in strict game mechanics the status moves were not all that effective, in a real life situation, they could be very useful if one was creative enough. So she was very happy she had a pokemon with a decent damaging move and two potentially useful status moves.

"Got any other moves?" She asked finally and the pokemon nodded but refused to show once Artemis looked at it expectantly. It went through a series of motions and sounds, but it didn't make much sense to Artemis so she smiled a little. "It's okay, you can show us when you see fit." She commented and turned to Lizzie, realizing she had forgotten to describe things to her since she had gotten so excited about watching a pokemon in action.

• Ah Seen It
Lizzy walked out with Artemis and peeked at the little monster through her fingers. It began doing... well, the oddest things. Were pokemon were supposed to be magic? Artemis looked like she was really enjoying watching the Dewpider show off its skills, and beyond her injured leg, this entire adventure seemed to be doing well by her. While they hadn't spent much time together, the one thing Lizzy could tell about Artemis was that she loved animals, including pokemon. Lizzy loved animals in theory, but this whole thing was anything but an exciting adventure for her. The pokemon looked pretty excited about Artemis' reaction, too, and Lizzy felt kind of bad she'd been so mean to it.

She crouched down in front of it, keeping her hands on her face staring at it through the gaps in her fingers. "Y-yeah. Good job." She said, weakly, squinting at it, then up at Artemis. "What is the purpose of doing this?"

Artemis smiled good naturedly at the way Lizzy praised her pokemon evne though she was so scared of it. "First of all, we figured what kind of moves Dewpider knows. Like, what kind of abilities it has, what it can and can't do at the moment. Bubblebeam, the string of loud popping water bubbles is a great move both to do damage as well as scaring pokemon with the loud noise or maybe shaking things that are out of reach. Water sport, the first move that created a wet surface, gives you an advantage against fire type pokemon and fire based pokemon moves for obvious reasons, but also it can be a source of water for washing things for example. And lastly, Spider web is probably the move with the most creative uses outside of a battle." She explained while her brain gears turned with the sole purpose of thinking up ways Dewpider's moves could help them in their current situation.

She ached to explore, to see what other pokemons this place had and also if there were any humans nearby. But most importantly, she wanted to meet a pokemon that could become her own. Blast her injured foot, she would have to find other ways to occupy herself and be productive otherwise she knew that she would start crying and the tears wouldn't stop until she was completely dehydrated.

• Ah Seen It
Artemis' explanation didn't seem to make much sense to Lizzy, but she was the pokemon girl, after all. She had absolutely no idea what use any of this would be practically speaking, and why she had to know about it, when the little monster could do it on its own just fine. Leaning back on her haunches, she let out a heavy sigh. "What are we supposed to do now?" She asked, not looking at Artemis any more. "Especially with your leg. This uh... s-d-dropspider, if it can help us find help, fresh food, other people, that'd be good. We can't just stay here forever waiting for your leg to heal and living off of whatever we can find in the shed." It was a gloomy prediction of their immediate future, but she knew it was true.

Artemis sighed and for the first time, she looked like she was about to tear up, but she shook her head and rubbed her eyes to make the feeling go away. "That's why you and Dewpider will work together today. Explore a little, see if you can find food or any roads or paths that we could follow." She suggested and leaned on the branch. "I will take very careful stock of everything we have and see if there is any radio or if I can get a signal. Don't worry about my leg. I heal fast and the first aid kit has some ointment for it if I remember correctly. Before you go though I suggest you take a notepad or something with you. You never know."

• Ah Seen It
Lizzy nodded, still looking anxious, but having a solid goal was reassuring her a little. Her supplies had been left out to dry overnight, and the notepad and mechanical pencils were at least dry enough to use, as wrinkly as the pages were. She didn't want to take her still damp pack with her, though, so she just gripped it in her hands, the pencil hooked over the front cover. She heaved a little sigh, then gestured at the little spider. "Come on then. Better get going as long as there's daylight." The spider scuttled back onto her shoulder, and she nodded at Artemis. "We didn't get to actually see much yesterday, so I'm going to follow our marks up the hill again. If I'm not back by nightfall, uhm.... never mind." She said, and marched resolutely off.