Pokemon Light Blue/Grey (Closed. Unless you want to be a bad guy)

If she's not changing it then she's either not accepted or she's not using it at all.

I added some more info on the legendaries. Tell me if you have any oppinions or if you think it's fine the way it is.

Oh, and do you think Veridi should be part Bug type? Because, I mean, Bug type legendaries...

I thought as I looked at it the first time it should be bug type actually, so yah. Also IC any time :P

I like it. Perhaps it should be fairy type but do type related effects. Spring one: If its spring then chance to slow (string shot) and poison (poison point - a lot of bugs have it). Summer one: chance to burn. Autumn one: Chance to sleep (because its like the trees are getting ready to sleep.) (oh the poetry). Winter: chance to freeze. Or perhaps the attack itself becomes treated as a double typed attack. A fairy fire attack would do double super effective damage to (single type thats weak to both fairy and fire.)

Accuracy is irrelevant in a realistic battle except with unavoidable attacks. In comparison to Iron Clash, and assuming that we're using how a battle would actually be (not just two Pokemon standing still across from each other)...

Iron Clash is a physical move that is used to slam into the opposing Pokemon and Hydrojolt is a breath attack (with a limited duration) from a large creature. Even if Hydrojolt had 100% accuracy, in a text based RP it will be terrifyingly easy to dodge unless you're a. Incredibly slow (speed-wise, not headsmarts) or b. strategically outmatched. Iron Clash, on the other hand, is a slamming move that has a status effect, a defensive function, and is much, much more accurate, just based on physics.

I agree that Hydrovolt would be OP in a turn based game but in a realistic situation... Not so much. The only reason I included power is to give an idea of power relative to other moves.

I have no intention to actually have the battles play out like they would in a game. I am simply asking for relative power and accuracy. Some special attacks, especially ball ones, are as fast if not faster moving than many physical attacks so naturally they're going to require faster reactions to dodge. If the breath has a charge up, or is slow moving then it's going to have a lower relative accuracy. I suppose it should be called "likelihood to hit" but im going to continue referring to it as accuracy because thats what ive been using for 3 years and i dont plan to change.

I changed Nature's Boon a bit. Type related effects wouldn't really make sense considering their descriptions (Veridi, a life Pokémon poisoning others for example). Healing the user a bit feels more natural, since they're taking the energy from the nature around them.

yeah I think that'll be good. Maybe put the PP up to 10 though. It's only an 80 power move and the pokemon themselves look relatively weak. Also its only a 1 in 4 chance of it becoming 100 power. I was thinking poison because it's often used by the bug type.

Maybe I should change the base type to fairy, rather than upping the PP? I don't feel like we'll really be using that many moves, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

no good point. I never planned to stick exactly to any stats, not even level or level of evolution, just use them as a rough guideline to build the system around. On that point, IC anyone? Ive got maybe a day of internet left and then ive got no internet at all for 5-6 days and I would quite like to get something done before then.

I assume that accuracy is referring to how likely you are too hit a spot you're aiming at, not an opposing Pokemon. My mistake.

Hydrojolt is very accurate in terms of precision but it's slow (not throwing lightning bolts here, shooting a jet of water) and, well... Being a precision attack if it misses, it misses completely. It doesn't have an AoE unless water sport is in effect, and then it's only a tiny bit more powerful than electroweb. Combined with its low PP, I don't think you'll be seeing much use of it and it's balanced.

It's good to know that battle's wont be played conventionally. Maura would get murdered in two seconds. As for picking Hoppip...... It's a long story.
In short: >Uses Random Number Generator to determine pokemon
>Receives Oddish
>Starts Thinking about China for no real reason other than writing with a pencil
>Thinks about Hoppip, read on Smogon that Hoppip was the Chinese knockoff of Oddish
>Decides to use Hoppip instead because lol wynaut
>Realizes what I'm doing too late
>Re uses Random Number Generator and gets Hoppip
>Dejectedly retreat to the Corner of Shame.

Ah. fun!
@O'possum I don't really want anymore adventurers, but in a week or so I might have space for a few bad guys.
@Archangel np. Accepted then.

Well, uh, Sheeper really has no way of winning that battle. There's a reason I said I'd forfeit.

You're going to have to battle at some point :D If sheeper cant battle and you have no master balls, you're very unlikely to get a pokemon that can. Unless you can convince me to make the professor give you something as a consolation prize :P

I know, but it would be better if the fight was against some weaker wild Pokémon, not something that could logically one hit it.