I'm so glad we still have interests :D Here's my CS:

Terren of Sunbright
IMG_3659.jpg

Hometown:
Sunbright Village

Affiliation:
Unaffiliated

Personality:

Terren has an innocent aura that attracts others to him that are in need of help. His sunny outlook is healing to others, yet he doesn't see how much of an influence he has with his helpful and generous nature. He is like the sun to cloudy people, so it can sometimes overwhelm or trigger others if they prefer a darker mindset. He embodies a warm and peaceful presence that is calming to Pokémon especially. Terren is like a light in the dark to guide those in search of the brighter side of life.

On the downside, Terren can be a bit naive and overly trusting. His heart is too big for his own good at times, and he looks for the light in everyone despite the evident darkness in certain people. His gentleness can make him an easy target to cruel people. His inconsolable fear of tight spaces and water formed when he was pushed down the well by no good bullies.

Backstory:

Terren sprouted up in the sunshiney village of Sunbright. His family crest is the sunflower, a native flower to their land and a sacred plant to the entire community of the village. They cultivated a sunflower garden just for that reason, which reaps them many rewards with their seeds and beauty. The flowers were welcoming neighbors to the assortment of pumpkin and gourds that also grow in the garden. Pumpkin being a popular ingredient in the villages dishes that travelers crave. Another popular ingredient being the Combee's sunflower honey, the sunflowers heavily rely on the Combee for reproduction. The main attraction of the sun warm village, however, is their Wishing Tree where Terren and the other clan members go to tie their wishes on the limbs of the ancient landmark as a tradition.

Being the son of inn keepers, Terren's life was never boring hearing the enlivening tales of the travelers that would pass through. He would listen with his family's Sunflora and he grew fond of the buzzing critters that the grass types would attract with their sunny aromatic blossoms. He also had a special fascination with the spider types that would spin their art to hang upon the Scaremurkow that protected the garden.

One evening, that very Scaremurkrow came to life when Terren began to return home from a nap in the sunflower garden. He froze in astonishment toward the thing's glowing pumpkin head. After reluctantly peeking through the eyes of the hollow pumpkin, he discovered a sparking little spider nestled inside. He decided to not bother the young spider, and returned the next day to check on the garden. The newborn Joltik was gone until a week later, when it swirled down from its web to plop down on the pages of Terren's journal. The two grew acquainted with one another and developed a bond upon Terren's frequent visits to the sunflowers.

While he's not helping out at the inn, Terren aids his aunt Soleá who is a Combee keeper at the village. He helps her sell the honey at the local market and helps to preserve the livelihood of the Combee for their preservation of the village's beloved sunflowers. Sunflower honey is one of the markets biggest sellers. As a charitable bonus, the honey earnings are non-profit and aided to help the community grow.

The Emeralds were most familiar to Terren and his family as they were a branch of Emeralds themselves at one time. If another clan passed through the village, Terren and his family were the first to know at their inn. Terren has never seen a Sapphire pass through Sunbright, but the Rubies were no strangers. His father once said that a Sapphire stayed at their inn many moons ago and was very discreet upon their visit. Terren was always advised against speaking to either clan other than for business matters to avoid appearing biased… advice he would be weary of, but be willing to ignore.

Pokémon Partner:

19FF547E-DA70-4BA6-BD0A-97694A4A23F0.jpeg

A282778B-3FD5-4AA0-8E8B-4AF1CB0C97FD.jpeg
*Visual inspiration*
4F5BC16C-12BB-4455-9C7B-CDA5E9059B59.jpeg

Last edited:
If you would PM me your character sheets for acceptance before posting them here, thank you!

Reactions: Takumi
Understandable, it's still early :) @The Dapper Mog

I'm creating a poll to see if we want to run mono types or mixed teams @LoveandHate91 @Xenaku @Howaitotaiga @Queen of Madness @Jessica @Takumi @Reanimator Spuds

I will say that mixed teams will be trickier when it comes to reserving or claiming a Pokémon and it's not guaranteed that you'll get what you want exclusively. There also will be no claiming or reserving Pokémon straight away in the OOC.

The mono type system prioritizes the primary type of a Pokémon to the player who chose that type, so you wouldn't have to ask about having that particular Pokémon it would already be a given choice and doubles aren't allowed unless approved by the type selector. The exceptions are Bug, Dragon, and Flying types. Primary and Secondary Bug types are open to the type selector as they don't have as great defensive coverages. Dragon types would be closed to anyone except for plot and OP reasons. Flying types would also be an exception as most aren't primarily flying, so whoever chooses flying will have priority to Primary and Secondary flying.

Last edited:
I've received one sheet so far for review and a question about a cs before submission.

If we're running mixed teams, I may rewrite my whole character and reconsider choices

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
Oh deer. Did you have your own preference, Luelle? Since it's your RP, I hope you don't feel like you need to change things up too much to accommodate everyone

Reactions: Takumi
O no it's ok haha I'm fine with either :)

I have options for both, I'm just so use to us running mono teams from my previous Rps. I assumed we were leaning toward monos since three of us designed our characters that way. I hadn't seen any input for mixed, until I made the poll.

I just assumed it was like the previous ones.

Could give each player the choice to run mono or mixed teams. I don't see why it has to be one or the other

I prefer monotype myself, but the majority rules mixed

It's all good, no worries! I made the poll on behalf of one of the members, and partially because I myself was considering changing from mono. I'm still torn between the two, and there are still voters left including myself.

Could give each player the choice to run mono or mixed teams. I don't see why it has to be one or the other
The setback with running both is that it would limit the options on both sides unless players were fine with doubles. For instance, if someone takes up all the popular Pokémon of a certain type for a mono team, it would limit the options for the mixed teams who were looking for that type coverage.