Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kid, this isn't amateur hour," Leila countered when he mentioned battling. "You've not only knocked Clamperl but also the rest of your team. Go take them to the Pokemon Center and hurry before we have to disembark. If you can't do something as simple as taking care of your Pokemon, then you shouldn't bother with battling."

With a shake of her head, she left the gym area to look else where. She didn't bother looking outside on the decks, sableye wasn't too keen on the outside world when it was so bright out, nor was he too terribly fond of not being on land and any reminders of his predicament. But he was stubborn. He wasn't going to lay about when their was mischief to cause. The older Hussain sister rubbed at her neck, starting to become frustrated, when she happened upon a tall blonde guy.

"Hey, you haven't seen a sableye wandering around have you?" she questioned.

@TyranntX

- x -​

"That's so cool!" Munira gushed. "My mother is the gym leader for Fortree City while my father is a breeder. In fact, he was the one who gave Leila her Sableye. Though, no one is really sure how a deeper cave dweller ended up in his day care. He was even told to get rid of it because everyone was so afraid of it. In any case, he and Leila are real close." She offered thr duel type an affectionate head pat, to which sableye grinned.

She greeted Brozong happily, finding the sound he made particularly fascinating, but it was Jolteon who really made the younger competitor squeal. "It's an eevee evolution! I always wanted one of those! The vaporeon to be exact. Unfortunately, I'm trying to keep my team duel typed so they're not at that big of an advantage, you know?

"Wait, how can he be a sky battler if he doesn't have any wings?" Munira didn't even Sky Battlers existed let alone how they fought.

- x -​

Pierre offered an apolgetic grin when he was caught staring and offered an awkward wave. "Sorry, you seem to be avoiding human contact like the plague and it makes one curious, you know? But you don't seem to be much of a talker anyway, so that might have something to do with it." He returned to watching crobat weave around his sawblu trying to impress him, only for swablu to turn her down once more.

Last edited:
TYRANNT

Tyrannt saw a small girl talk to him, he responded but kept walking. "My Feraligatr almost ate it, take better care of your Poke'mon... Novice." He said as he walked passed her. He didn't much care for those who were careless with their Poke'mon, and he out right despised those who didn't show any respect for them. Tyrannt was getting annoying of all these trainers doing rather stupid things. So he returned to his luxury room and decided to get some sleep.

Kiku thought for a moment.

"I guess that makes sense..." He said. He then turned to face Perrier fully.

"Name's Kiku. You are?" The boy greeted while holding his hand out for a handshake. He figured he'd might as well make an effort right? Kuro barked in greeting to the other male while one of Kiku's other Pokémon released themselves, which just happened to be Bubby.

Last edited:
"I'm Pierre," he suplied with a warm smile, taking the other's hand and giving it a little shake. At the umbreon's bark, he knelt down and offered his hand for it to sniff. "Well aren't you a handsome one?" He gave the dark Pokemon a cautious pat, not wanting to over step any boundaries. In a flash of red another of Kiku's Pokemon appeared and he grinned. "Now who may you be?" he wandered, pulling out his Pokedex.

Frogadier, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, and the evolved form of Froakie. Frogadier's speed is unmatched. It can climb a tower over 2,000 feet tall in one minute. It can throw bubble-covered pebbles with precise control, hitting empty cans up to a hundred feet away.

"Well then, aren't to a force to be recond with?" He offered to shake hands with the water Pokemon but an announcement soon broke out of the loll of the ocean and soft conversation going on around them.

"Attention all competitors. We will be reaching the island in minutes time. If you have yet to recieve your chip case, please return to the front desk and do so now." Of course, like most trainers, Pierre picked his up at the front desk upon arrival. He personally found the elimination system quite interesting to say the least. Red wasn't playing around.

"Hey, look, there it is," he said, pointing to the sliver of land breaking the horizon. The winds shifted, washing over each and every trainer with the scent of salt seas and promises of new experiences.

NEW HORIZONS 00 END

Last edited:
The Mysterious Island 01
"I can't believe we're here!" Munira squealed as the passengers unloaded off the ship. The docks were located at a checkpoint consisting of a Pokemon Center, the only Pokemart on the island, and other odds and ends for the trainers to properly prepare for the challenge ahead. Of course, once a competitor stepped outside its walls they weren't allowed back in unless they were disqualified.

Next to her stood the older Hussain sister, her Sableye perched on her shoulders as he refused to return to his Pokeball, yet was discouraged from wandering due to his dislike of being out in the open. The ship was one thing, the outside world was something else entirely. "So what do you need to do? Want to take a look around in case they have something you may not? Or do you want to head out?" The crowd around them seemed to split 50/50, some exploring the checkpoint while others headed for gates.

"Oh um..." Whatever excitement Munira felt before dampened a little. While she was looking forward to exploring the island and battling other trainers, it was also cause for anxiety. "How about we take a look around first," she decided with nervous giggle. Beside her stood Lilly, the Lotad not sure what to make of her trainer's mood. "Well, we can't stand around her all day. Lets go!" With a large grin, she headed off toward the Pokemart, Leila following after her at a more relaxed pace.
- x -
Pierre had recalled his Pokemon and took his time traipsing down the ramp. Not that he was nervous, he had enough experience to have an idea on what to expect, but he also didn't want to get trampled by the crowd. The air was much fresher on the island and he took in a deep breath. Even in the lightly civilized area known as the checkpoint, plants and other vegetation ran rampant within the wooden walls. The occasional small wild Pokemon could be spottd among the green. Most were bug types and yet they managed to offer a glimpse at just how diverse the wild life was.

He had already stocked up before he left Sinnoh, so he was confident enough to leave the little settlement and immediately start the competition. Even with seven years of experience, the familiar thrill he received when taking that first step into the unknown never failed to make his heart flutter.​

Last edited:
"Well, isn't this interesting," Risk speaks as he steps out of the cruiser with his Pokemon by his side. "I'm sure you all love the sea. It is your natural habitat after all. Now, this environment is a rather dangerous and mysterious trek, containing hundreds of Pokemon varieties... I believe. Well, time is money, and money is... a lot of things."

Heading for the gates, Risk decides to seek a challenger, wasting no time to adapt, because he already did. He even bothered to stock up on food and items.

"I can almost feel the pressure. Can you, Lucario?" Tsubasa asks her good buddy.

"Kraaa!" Lucario growls and nods in approval. He readied a fighting stance.

"Not now, Lucario. Be patient, OK?" Tsubasa laughs as Lucario returned to a relaxed position. "There's a good boy. We'll need to prepare our items in addition to our current ones. Let's hang around the checkpoint first."

Heading into the Pokemart, Tsubasa meets Hussain and Munira once again. "Yo! You looking around before jumping into the big stuff?"

TYRANNT

Shortly after the arrival, the docs it self began to Shake, something BIG was walking down to shore. It was a Tyrantrum, and who else to be riding it than Tyrannt himself. He had a large backpack filled with all the supplies he and his Poke'mon wil ever need. The docs continued to shake and tremble as the massive Poke'mon treaded across. It was a Mystery how it could even support a Poke'mon of that size. The big fossil Poke'mon made its way to the gates and they made heir way through. "Just a few more hours boy, and the war will begin" Said Tyrannt as the Tyrantrum let out a loud roar for all to hear. It was clear already that Tyrannt was a powerful trainer. But for him to have a Poke'mon like that is there even a single trainer who could stand a chance?

"Well, you ring a bell or two..."

Tyrannt was able to hear a familiar voice. But from who?

If one looked, it was none other than the androgynous one, Risk, accompanied by a closed-shell Clamperl being held in his arms.

Risk walks up to Tyrannt and his giant Tyrantrum, analysing the situation. "Fossil Pokemon, I see? I heard that Poliwrath DNA was used to complete the flawed, recovered DNA of fossils. Don't know if that's true, but it's pretty plausible."

Risk looks at the humongous, red, titan of the past. "A Dragon-Type Pokemon huh? Definitely looks like one. You brought quite the friend. I have to say... he's a big guy."

Munira was checking out their stock of potions when Tsubasa greeted them and beamed. "Yep!" she agreed.

"Really? Because it feels more like we're procrastinating to me," Leila snickered.

"Leila," the younger Hussain sister whined.

"I'm just teasing, brat," she snickered, ruffling the other's hair. Munira huffed and shoved the offending hand away. "But it's it good you're taking your time. You can never be too careful in these kinds of situations." The words seemed to comfort her a llittle and she returned her attention to Tsubasa.

"How about you? Can there really be stuff here you don't already have?" Munira found the thought further encouraging. If even the more experienced trainers were taking a look around, then staying behind a little longer couldn't hurt.

"Guess you could say that," Tsubasa laughs a little, "back where I come from, we use berries instead of Potions and Antidotes and all that. Berries can only do so much."

"Ga?" Lucario browsed through these items.

"What odd items," Tsubasa looks at what Lucario was looking at. It was a few Clefairy-like dolls. "Don't know what these things do. I'll need to prioritize on Potions and Revives and all that."

TYRANNT

"Please, if that was even remotely true all fossil Poke'mon would be water types." He said looking down at Risk. He had was getting a bad vibe from this character, and he didn't like it. He knew he had to keep an eye on him some how, but now he didn't want to worry about it. He and his Tyrantrum continued onward into a Forrest where the were going to set up camp for the day and hold out for any trainers fool enough to challenge them.

"I guess he's got no game. Finding someone else might work better. Let us go, Clamperl," as Risk watches Tyrannt take his leave, before heading the opposite direction himself. "I was pretty curious about the Pokemon in the Purple Ball, too. Too bad for me, I guess."

He continues to venture around, attempting to find Trainers to battle. Holding a Clamperl made him appear weak, an easy target one may say. Of course, there are some who just want a fair fight.

Kiku headed towards the gate, having returned his Pokémon and not really needing to stock up on supplies. He had visited his parents so he could tell them about how he was joining the competition and they made him stock up before leaving, so he felt like he didn't need to stock up anymore. He could have sworn he caught a glimpse of Perrier up ahead and then saw some older guy and a...girl? Boy?...person talking with their Pokémon nearby before they headed opposite directions.

He guessed that the other teen was looking for a battle, unfortunately Kiku wasn't at the moment.

"Maybe I should have went to stock up...it shouldn't be too late to at least look at what they have." The boy muttered quietly to himself.

While on the boat, Monkulus barely did anything other than go outside of her cabin to get something to eat and didn't bother interacting with anyone else but her shiny companion ampharos, Light whom she let out of its pokeball for pretty much the entirety of the trip across the ocean.

Though she did take the time to observe other people's pokemon and of course the more experience trainers have at least one dragon type on their team, no surprise really even she has a dragon type which her tyrantrum, of course she always has her little trump card that is her sylveon in case her tyrantrum couldn't make the cut. She also took the time to look at the map of this new and unfamiliar area, she was quite excited being able to go to a entirely region, she has never gone outside of Kalos and intended to visit the Unova region prior to the announcement of this competition.

When the ship finally docked Monkulus and Light began down to the docs when the ground began to shake, causing both of them too briefly halt in their tracks and quickly stepped aside to make way for a tyrantrum and iampharos.er. She was far more annoyed than surprised how much bigger that tyrantrum is compared to her own one though its only a matter of time before she finds out if that thing really is the powerhouse she thinks it is.

Monkulus and Light continued on their way before stopping at the two way path, one towards the gates that lead towards the pokemarts and center in case anyone needed supplies and the otherone towards wilderness. Well she had stocked up as much as she could before leaving, for herself and pokemon so she doesn't need supplies at least for now, and so she makes her way towards the forest with her ampharos.

"Wow, really?" Munira asked when Tsubasa made a remark on the berries, stepping up to the the selection of Pokemon doll. She squealed. "Aww! They look so adorable!"

"You like them, Munes?" Leila inquired, looking over the dolls herself.

"Yeah, but it's like Tsubasa said, I need to focus more on items for my Pokemon than on toys." Leila smirked and picked up the particular doll she saw her sister eyeing. "Wait, Leila! Don't you need to buy potions and things?"

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing. I mean, I can't be the only one who finds it odd this is the only PokeMart on the entire island. Just look outside. Those forests are teeming with all sorts of vegetation, some of which might only be exclusive to this island. You know what I think? I think Red is offering an authentic experience, one a trainer can no longer get traveling from town to town. These days technology is so advanced some trainers won't even need to bother with herbs and berries, let alone know how to identify one.

"Besides," she continued, having paid for the doll, "We aren't planning on returning, are we?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why not indulge a little?" She handed the doll over and looked over at the other little girl. "You want one too?" If Leila had to guess, she was a little older than Munira, fourteen at the latest.

- x -
Pierre wasn't too far out of the gate when the ground started shaking and a giant Tyrantrum blew by, nearly throwing him off his feet. He gaped a little at the retreating Pokemon and its mounted trainer; he had to be quite the guy to be able to train something like that! He shook his head and took another peek behind him to make sure no other giant Pokemon were going to bull by, only to catch sight of Kiku. He grinned and waved at the other male, deciding it wouldn't hurt to meet up with him. "Hey! Nice to see you again," he greeted, slightly out of breath from the short run.

Last edited:
LUCY

At long last she wasn't sick to her stomach, the moment the boat was ready to disembark its cargo of passengers she bolted off the ramp. Being trapped on that thing really caused her great misery and now she was rid of it atleast until she had to go back to the main land. As more and more trainers got off the boat she couldn't help but look around to scope out the competition. But suddenly the Doc began to shake! She looked around to see what was the problem and saw a HUGE Tyrantrum coming her way, it stepped right over her thankfully but from the looks of things it almost stepped ON her. Only for a moment did she see it was Tyrannt who was mounted on the massive Poke'mon ,but she wasn't angry... She was down right astonished. "That thing was only a tiny little Tyrunt last time I saw that thing. How,did it get so big?" She said. Though she shouldn't be too surprised, her Aurorous was almost as big as that monster of a Poke'mon. After catching her breath from almost being trampled she headed inside the Mart to do a bit of last minute shopping before the competition began.

Kiku watched the large Tyrantrum and it's mounted trainer head off further and further away until Perrier ran over to him. The golden eyed teen gave Perrier a small smile. Seemed like the Kiku was gradually warning up to the other male.

"Nice to see you again too. Are you okay?" He asked when he noticed how out of breath the older male seemed, if only a little.

Vance: //he made his way to where all of the trainers had been hanging out at. He took off his back pack to see what he needed and didnt need. He continued walking without paying any mind to what was going on around him and accidentally bumped into Kiku in the process/ Hey! Watch where you're goin! //he sneered to him, even though it was really Vance's fault/

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Yeah," Tsubasa responds to Munira. "Well, I do buy Potions and such during journeys, but that's another story for another time. Life's simple in my home, which is why every journey's a memorable one."

Tsubasa was asked if she wanted a Clefairy Doll. "I could never say no, Miss Leila," she smiles and accepts. She looks at the two sisters, then seems to have an idea. "By the way, do the rules allow Double and Triple Battles?"

Pierre offered Kiku an sheepish grin. "Yeah, sorry, I'm the last person to boast good health." He took a moment to calm his breathing when another trainer ran straight into the golden eyed teen, shouting at her when the whole thing could have easily been avoided if he was paying attention to where he was going instead what was in his bag. Pierre frowned. "Well that was rude. We were just standing here. How's it Kiku's fault you were too occupied with other things?"

- x -
Leila bought the Pokemon doll and handed it to the Sky Battler, looking confused when she asked such a question from out of nowhere. She managed a shrug in response. "It honestly doesn't matter. As long as competitors wage PokeChips, the battle can go however the trainers decide." There really wasn't many rules regarding the battles themselves, which meant there wasn't anything stopping three or four trainers battling against one or trainers using any number of Pokemon at one time. "Why do you ask?" She couldn't help but be suspicious. Leila wasn't wasn't sure how she felt about a battle. Sure she'd have to battle eventually, but well, it seemed more like a chore for the seventeen-year-old. Not like she was going to admit that, not in front of Munira anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.